2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

russianfan

Match Penalty
Now question: is there any schedule for the season 2018-2019 competitions? And when tickets will be available for Grand-Prix events and Russian Nationals, also Euros?

millie

Medalist
Let's come back to this when you will have some respect for our skaters and when you will learn how to spell their names correctly at the very least.

I am not going to argue with you 🙂. I know it’s Alina and Zhenya..slip on the keyboard.....too err is human but being sarcastic is an attitude and trying to be smart. I am a 65 year old woman so be careful how you talk to people behind your keyboard. It’s easy to bully isn’t it. This is Golden Skate Forum not russianfan’s Forum. Have a nice day.

Grin

Medalist
This is Golden Skate Forum not russianfan’s Forum. Have a nice day.

You may not respect Russian skaters but you shouldn't show it to other people, especially in this thread, because you can hurt someone's feelings (I hope it isn't your real goal)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Now question: is there any schedule for the season 2018-2019 competitions? And when tickets will be available for Grand-Prix events and Russian Nationals, also Euros?

Event Location Date

2018 Skate America Everett, Washington, United States October 19–21
2018 Skate Canada Laval, Quebec, Canada October 26–28
2018 Cup of China China November 2–4
2018 NHK Trophy Hiroshima, Japan November 9–11
2018 Rostelecom Cup Russia November 16–18
2018 Internationaux de France Grenoble, France November 23–25
2018–19 Grand Prix Final Vancouver, Canada December 6–9

Don't know exactly when Russ Nats are, usually between 20 to 24 December.

Euros are in Minsk, in January
Worlds in Saitama, Japan, probably March.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Event Location Date

2018 Skate America Everett, Washington, United States October 19–21
2018 Skate Canada Laval, Quebec, Canada October 26–28
2018 Cup of China China November 2–4
2018 NHK Trophy Hiroshima, Japan November 9–11
2018 Rostelecom Cup Russia November 16–18
2018 Internationaux de France Grenoble, France November 23–25
2018–19 Grand Prix Final Vancouver, Canada December 6–9

Don't know exactly when Russ Nats are, usually between 20 to 24 December.

Euros are in Minsk, in January
Worlds in Saitama, Japan, probably March.

Wow, so Rostelecom Cup will be right before Zhenya's birthday (as well as mine :biggrin:). I wonder which russians will get spots for Rostelecom. Also, when tickets for this are available for sale(approximately)?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow, so Rostelecom Cup will be right before Zhenya's birthday (as well as mine :biggrin:). I wonder which russians will get spots for Rostelecom. Also, when tickets for this are available for sale(approximately)?

I'm flying in on my b-day :laugh: Let's party together :hap10: (I'm guessing and hoping it is in Moscow, but I'd go anywhere else too).
Tickets are usually on sale short before, like mid to end September.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So... Elder Age Nationals really threw me off

New question: Does Tarusina, energized after winning over lots of real talents, go senior? Or try her luck in the JGP?
Does Shcherbakova still get a JGP spot?
Does Kostyuk get a JGP spot?

I'm thinking that if Panenkova, Tarusina, Gubanova, Nugumanova, Gulyakova, and Samodurova don't do the JGP we'll see these skaters:
Trusova
Kostornaya
Tarakanova
Shcherbakova
Sinitsyna
Kanysheva
Kostyuk
Hopefully they learn enough to give 7 girls 2 spots each. And not do stupid things like give only 5 girls 2 spots, forcing there to be a Japanese/Korean girl in the final.

Now there's 6 2002-2003 question marks. I hope all of the vacate the junior ranks so that the girls I listed above can each have two spots. But, the first to go would be Kostyuk, I think. Then Kanysheva.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hopefully Shcherbakova gets JGP spots. There's at least the Russia Cup Final performance where she defeated even Trusova, which isn't something very many others have managed to do this season. Also scored very high there so they might think that she has high potential. Still... I think she will most likely need to show something great at the start of the next season just like Kostornaia had to. Then again, I'm not sure how much value they are going to put on the so-called injury factor. Because last season she truly was a top skater.

I do think that Anna Tarusina does JGP, there really is no chance of her getting senior GP spots and she's never done JGP.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
True, so then we have:
Trusova
Kostornaya
Tarakanova
Shcherbakova
Sinitsyna
Kanysheva
Tarusina

as our JGP team? and 6 of them will make the final

alvina9894

Final Flight
Huge huge congrats to Anna for winning this competition! I hope this means that she gets to go internationally next season :hap10:
She has waited long enough since the accident.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Huge huge congrats to Anna for winning this competition! I hope this means that she gets to go internationally next season :hap10:
She has waited long enough since the accident.
Well deserved. I don't think she's had any mistakes this season. Every competition was clean. Actually, I thought she made mistakes in some Moscow local where she only got 168 points but that wasn't the case. Moscow local scoring strikes again - 168 points for a clean Anna Tarusina, with no element receiving negative GOE.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Davydov is becoming my second favorite coach.. Tarusina&Berestovskaya4Gold! :biggrin:
Davydov's got some very interesting juniors indeed. It's good to see that he also has recovered well - Apparently he got some head injury and suffered from amnesia due to the same accident where Tarusina shattered her knee.

I'd also add Muravyova but your mileage might vary. Well, she's the strongest 2006-born skater right now so I guess it's a pretty objective opinion to have.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Wow, over Usacheva, Kromykh, and Valieva?? and I haven't watched her yet?!
Mmm... Well, she's had the strongest results this season. She placed 4th at elder age(advanced novice) nationals and I'm not sure if anyone else on your list even qualified? At least I don't see them. She also placed second last season after Kamila Valieva for younger age(basic novice) but Valieva's current season's been much worse.

Here

I'm a big fan but your mileage, as said, might vary.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Mmmm... probably not. Panova's girls have enough spots in my opinion

Also, might need to watch Murayova...

Klarnet

On the Ice
It seems like virtually everyone has forgotten about her since her unfortunate JGP performance, but what is everyone thinking about Alisa Fedichkina? For me, she's always had a great deal of sparkle in her interpretation, and I'd hate to see her just get swallowed up by the black hole that is the Russian ladies field, but it seems like she doesn't have many options left.

Her coach Evgeny Rukavitsyn said in the latest interview that she had lack of discipline, started getting mature and got swallowed by the world of temptations.