2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 334 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
The SP in the jgp are random groups and the free skate has groups based on the short.
As mentioned before the sp probably have to be random since many skaters dont have any results that could be used for ranking

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
As I remember saved streams at youtube sometimes miss from 1 to few skaters who were very first.

In 2017, in Brisbane during SP both Sasha (total score 197.69) and A.Verabelli from India (total score 16.33) were in the same, 1st warmup group.

Helps me not get bored when I sneak peaks at ISU results during school :laugh:

serephy

On the Ice
Kamila Starodubtseva is signed up for both junior and senior at the first Russian cup stage :rofl:

Talking about entries for 1st Stage of Russian Cup.

1. Kanysheva is not on the list of participants (the other Panova girls are) which makes me think they will probably also pull her from Moscow Open.
2. Tsurskaya is on the entry list for seniors!! So we will get our first proper look at her under Buyanova then!!

serephy

On the Ice
Well, doesn't it conflict with one of the JGPs? or is that wrong?

1st Stage of the Russian Cup is the 14th-18th September so the only JGP it coincides with is JGP Canada (which is Shcherbakova/Tarakanova).

Kanysheva's assignments at the moment are Linz (29th Aug-1st Sept) and Kaunas (5th Sept-8th Sept) so she could technically skate at 1st Stage as well, at least it would be a lot more possible than her competing at Moscow Open (3rd Sept-6th Sept). Personally I took her absence on this entry list as a sign that Panova is being smart about which competitions she sends her girls to. It's good to send them to a couple of the Russian Cup stages in order to get practice/experience but there is no need to send Kanysheva there so soon after her JGP. Also, if I'm remembering things correctly, part of the purpose of the Russian Cup events is to qualify for Junior Nats which Kanysheva, by virtue of having a JGP assignment, has already qualified for.

Her skipping this competition also gives Sinitsyna and Kostyuk, who do not have JGP assignments, a better shot at podiuming (which both helps them to more easily qualify and also boosts their reputation internally)

[SUB]hopefully I'll be able to edit this post in a couple days to talk about the odds on whether or not Sinitsyna will also be pulled out given her new JGP assignment.[/SUB]

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yes, I've noticed that the later Russian Cup events are more crowded, so it's definitely good for skaters who haven't already qualified, like Kostyuk and Sinitsyna :cry:, to skate earlier (eg. 1 and 3 rather than 3 and 5).

Side note: yay! I'll have two competitions to watch the week of my birthday! Sinitsyna and Shcherbakova in particular doing well would be great birthday presents :)

Sinitsyna had better get a JGP! :devil:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golden Skaters,

Moving forward, it has been decided that ONLY Russia ladies will be discussed and/or mentioned in this thread. Please refrain from bringing up skaters from other countries. Please report any posts that do not apply - DO NOT ENGAGE.

The same will also apply to other national-based threads.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

A change to the above post.

We will continue to allow folks to use other skater's names when used in a context of "stacking up" or a "mention" when needed. Please do not troll, bash, or randomly "inject" skaters' names when it is not related to the topic. Thanks!

crazydreamer

On the Ice
Sorry for being cynical, but this new policy seems less about trolling than about trying to keep people from getting around the new paywall on the Competition and Events subforum....

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for being cynical, but this new policy seems less about trolling than about trying to keep people from getting around the new paywall on the Competition and Events subforum....

That couldn't be further from the truth. Again, we recently had a very big problem with one of the forums. In terms of the "policy", if we feel posters are abusing the threads in an effort to avoid maintaining the integrity of the competition threads, we'll simply address that if and when it happens.

Thanks for you support.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
There's a domestic competition next week with a ton of Panova students

Oh cool! I need to try to catch some of the Russian domestic competitions this year. And I agree with everything you've said about Tarusina and Sinitsyna. Both so incredibly talented and I cannot wait to see them at their events. Shcherbakova vs. Tarusina is going to be a nail biter. As much as I want to think Shcherbakova will come out on top, we could be surprised. I cannot believe it's this week!

siela

On the Ice
I need this Russian competition now! NOW!!!!!
But seriously, on what day does it start? Will we get videos?

The Russian competition starts and ends on August 21. And we are very unlikely to get videos (there has never been any in previous years). But the entries are pretty good. Here is the starting order for 1st sport category:
1. Anastasia Shabotova
2. Alena Kanysheva
3. Anastasia Kostyuk
4. Elizaveta Medvedeva
5. Ksenia Sinitsyna
6. Ksenia Starodubtseva
7. Anna Frolova
8. Ksenia Tsibinova
9. Maria Lebedeva
10. Daria Dyagileva
11. Ksenia Bragina
12. Ksenia Ivanova