2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 345 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

lavoix

Match Penalty
Can someone confirm how long are the programs meant to last in this new code in comparison with previous seasons?

alvina9894

Final Flight

cohen-esque

Final Flight
Can someone confirm how long are the programs meant to last in this new code in comparison with previous seasons?

To last, as in, minimum/maximum time? It's still the same for both the Junior and Senior Ladies (and I think for all the junior disciplines), but the Senior Men and Pairs are 30 seconds shorter in the free skate.

Junior programs have always been shorter, though; the Junior Ladies free skate is 3:30 vs 4:00 for the Seniors.

lavoix

Match Penalty
To last, as in, minimum/maximum time? It's still the same for both the Junior and Senior Ladies (and I think for all the junior disciplines), but the Senior Men and Pairs are 30 seconds shorter in the free skate.

Junior programs have always been shorter, though; the Junior Ladies free skate is 3:30 vs 4:00 for the Seniors.

Thank you.

Does that mean one less jump for the men and one less lift for the pairs? Or is it one less spin for the pairs?

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Kseniia SINITSYNA replaces Alena KANYSHEVA in Kaunas / LTU

for naw it's going to be:
2nd stage - Linz / AUT:
28 Alena KANYSHEVA RUS 24
29 Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS 24

3rd stage - Kaunas / LTU
27 Kseniia SINITSYNA RUS 23
28 Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS 23

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Kseniia SINITSYNA replaces Alena KANYSHEVA in Kaunas / LTU

for naw it's going to be:
2nd stage - Linz / AUT:
28 Alena KANYSHEVA RUS 24
29 Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS 24

3rd stage - Kaunas / LTU
27 Kseniia SINITSYNA RUS 23
28 Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS 23

YAYAYAYAY!!! I can't stop smiling, two of my favorite girls in Lithuania :love:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I guess if Gubanova gets spots, then Tarusina, Sinitsyna, and Kanysheva will have to fight to earn a second spot. I wish they would just stick with 7 girls, though.

serephy

On the Ice
I guess if Gubanova gets spots, then Tarusina, Sinitsyna, and Kanysheva will have to fight to earn a second spot. I wish they would just stick with 7 girls, though.

Personally I'm about 75% certain that there will be eight girls with spots regardless of whether or not Gubanova gets one.

Nastya Gubanova is probably the 1st pick for that eighth spot if she is healthy/able to skate well enough. If not then I wouldn't be surprised to see Vika Vasilieva get that
last spot given the fact that she is also a CSKA skater and the fact that she is on the main junior team (+all the unfairness last year with her losing her JPG spot at the last minute because of fed stupidity).

* Vika is also very good and probably the best of the juniors from test skates left without a spot.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
For the JGP now, I still want to see just 7 girls getting two spots. Or... if one gets a bronze or below, then an 8th girl.
But I really like this idea:

Week 1: Shcherbakova, Tarusina
Week 2: Kostornaya, Kanysheva
Week 3: Sinitsyna, Trusova
Week 4: Shcherbakova, Tarakanova
Week 5: Tarusina, Kostornaya
Week 6: Sinitsyna, Tarakanova (break of one week between 4 and 6 so still 3 weeks)
Week 7: Trusova, Kanysheva

if there had to be an 8th girl, I'd want it to be Vasilieva.

LRK

Record Breaker
LOL Liza is so funny, i hope she can pull of the 3Lz3T and 3A!!! She does have some medals from challenger tho but none from GP/Worlds/Euros/Oly

She does have a silver from Skate Canada in 2015, and a bronze from Cup of China in 2016, though probably she isn't counting those - and no participation in GPF, of course, let alone medals.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Ahh. Just as I was about to come on here and complain again about how they could choose Kanysheva over Sinitsyna. Vindicated. I'm so happy for Sinitsyna! I love that fun short program she kept from last year and her free skate is gorgeous. She's like a mini Kostornaia! I can't wait to see her.

This really is the perfect 7. Though I love Gubanova, I can't deny that. I feel for her, but at this point I'm torn on whether she should get a spot. The boot issues sound severe. Could she even be ready in time? IF they go with 8/6 (going back and forth on which is the best strategy), perhaps Vasilieva is the better choice. Having no GP may not bode well for Gubanova come nationals, but that's what happens with injury. I worry for her.

Regardless I just hope that they do not make the same mistakes they did last year with the assignments. They need to pick a logical strategy and stick with it. Last year was so erratic, it was like they were just picking random names out of a hat. It was so disorganized that 2nd place finisher Gulyakova was left without a second assignment while Rika Kihira made the final with a 2nd and a 3rd. That will be Young You this year if you don't keep it together, RusFed. Pick your 7 or 8 cards to lay on the table and be done with it, let the chips fall where they may.