2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 347 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Ugh, these answers.. :drama: I forgot about many local people specific taste.. or, better say, attitude towards particular group of skaters here :sarcasm:
Whatever, I am glad that worldwide fs fans loves her anyway :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzD7vSJkCY
~50 000 views in just one day! :shocked: :yahoo: True art is always recognized :agree:

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
Anna skates like an angel. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

edit: the second I typed this, Ted also called her an angel. But what else is there to say about her?

Ummmm.... I would be concerned about how thin Scherbakova is. Yes, she's musical and talented. But she's 14, and her limbs are stick thin. Her legs and arms look like they could snap with a fall. I hope she has a good physician looking out for her.

I don't find that she skates like an angel: it scares me to watch her.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I believe she is naturally thin, just like Evgenia.
Just look at her bone structure, even narrower than Evgenia. I remember seeing Anna with a picture of her mom, who is also very petite. If she had bulging muscles, that would be a disadvantage because her muscles will be too heavy for her bones. She for sure will develop more muscles when she grows. Radionova was super thin at her age, but not anymore.

Ummmm.... I would be concerned about how thin Scherbakova is. Yes, she's musical and talented. But she's 14, and her limbs are stick thin. Her legs and arms look like they could snap with a fall. I hope she has a good physician looking out for her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Any news on Anna P? How is Evgenia doing in Canada? Is Alina able to jump or has her growth affected her? Any updates on Trusova if she has gone through or going through puberty? Are her jumps still there? The Japanese ladies in general seem to survive puberty better - how are the Russian baby ballerinas likely to fair? And is there any news about Alena Leonova and if she is going to be on the world scene or...

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice
Any news on Anna P? How is Evgenia doing in Canada? Is Alina able to jump or has her growth affected her? Any updates on Trusova if she has gone through or going through puberty? Are her jumps still there? The Japanese ladies in general seem to survive puberty better - how are the Russian baby ballerinas likely to fair? And is there any news about Alena Leonova and if she is going to be on the world scene or...
Anna P - plans to continue skating. Zhenya and Alina - we'll see at the test skate, September 9, in Moscow. Sasha jumped at the test skate at juniors 4L, 4T-3T, 4T. Alena Leonova is not in the Russian team this season.

zounger

Medalist
I’ve watched it once. I find the leg grabs before/after jumps distracting.

It’s a nice feature ONCE, but 3-4 times its like you couldn’t think of different transitions.

Don't worry ISU will pass a grab leg limitation rule and the problem will be solved.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Yeah, I can‘t deny I‘m not worried about that either. I showed my mum Anna‘s program just because after watching I felt like everybody near me needed to see the artistry of this girl and the first thing she said was: “My god, that poor girl is thin! Is she healthy?“ I think that‘s the mother instincts showing through there. :shrug: Still, I just hope that’s her natural built and nothing else and just try to enjoy her skating at the moment. Because, when I watch her, physique doesn‘t matter. Just like with Kostornaya who is so tiny but seems to be so much taller on the ice. I find Anna to be like an angel, her fragileness only adds to that I guess... :)

karina17

Final Flight

It’s worrying given that she’s an athlete, but I’m hoping that Anna’s build is just down to genetics. Atsumiri posted photos of Anna’s mother a while back, and looking at them, it really could just be genes in her case. They have the same tiny arms and overall build.

https://pp.userapi.com/c840131/v840131161/4d56/cusw5HQZAjY.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c626130/v626130161/70de2/JeoX1-IHWQo.jpg

Also, Anna isn’t as frail as she looks on the ice. She’s got some serious abs for a girl of her size and age.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjHblwsDPjn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=yuxk59mia2m4

It’s impossible to know why she’s so tiny for sure, but all this is somewhat reassuring. I hope she’s healthy and gets to stay healthy.

starla16

Medalist
It’s worrying given that she’s an athlete, but I’m hoping that Anna’s build is just down to genetics. Atsumiri posted photos of Anna’s mother a while back, and looking at them, it really could just be genes in her case. They have the same tiny arms and overall build.

https://pp.userapi.com/c840131/v840131161/4d56/cusw5HQZAjY.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c626130/v626130161/70de2/JeoX1-IHWQo.jpg

wow, her mom really looks petite and thin in built
also her face is also narrow
https://instagram.fkwi5-1.fna.fbcdn...376_336451650256604_7500018677077508096_n.jpg

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Anna P - plans to continue skating. Zhenya and Alina - we'll see at the test skate, September 9, in Moscow. Sasha jumped at the test skate at juniors 4L, 4T-3T, 4T. Alena Leonova is not in the Russian team this season.

Thank you for the info. I am a bit sad about Alena. It is sad that she sort of just disappeared She really had character n the ice. Definitely not an ice princess. I really liked AnnaP's skating but Ifeaer shecannotcompetewith theo ther russians. Sosorry to see such a talent. Too bad she didn't marry a Candian there would be room on that team :) I am wondering if the Russian world team is Alina and Evgenia with the third spotopen. Maria has been unconvincing in three big events wordsand olympics2017 and 18. I would love to see Radinova or Liza T with a 3A contend Of course Iwould like Anna P to come back but I am n ot sure she is mentally there.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for the info. I am a bit sad about Alena. It is sad that she sort of just disappeared She really had character n the ice. Definitely not an ice princess. I really liked AnnaP's skating but Ifeaer shecannotcompetewith theo ther russians. Sosorry to see such a talent. Too bad she didn't marry a Candian there would be room on that team :) I am wondering if the Russian world team is Alina and Evgenia with the third spotopen. Maria has been unconvincing in three big events wordsand olympics2017 and 18. I would love to see Radinova or Liza T with a 3A contend Of course Iwould like Anna P to come back but I am n ot sure she is mentally there.

This has already been posted upthread, but if you missed it, an interview with Alena Leonova:

https://fs-gossips.com/alena-leonov...d-desire-to-work-and-make-the-audience-happy/

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova: 1, 205.39 (no quad)
Anna Tarusina: 2, 186.68 (slight bobble on 2A but otherwise clean -- must have been URs)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Anna Tarusina will probably not get the second spot, despite the silver medal won today because of the low score. (dunno why they had to change all the combos and the choreography from last season)

Surprised by Shcherbakova going a little safe here, but it was probably a good call, she needs to build consistency. Very nice dress for the FS.

karina17

Final Flight
JGP Bratislava:

Despite landing it twice in practice, Shcherbakova did not attempt 4Lz in warm-up or in the free program, and changed her layout almost completely since test skates. She does 3F-3Lo now. She performed very well. She had one slightly shaky landing on a 3Lz-3T x. First in FP (score 132), first overall (205).

Tarusina had a wonderful performance, and was very fun and expressive towards the end. It was the first time I’ve seen her not skate clean in a long time, though of course she didn’t fall, she just had a very shaky landing on a solo triple, but she recovered well. Third in FP (119), second overall (183). She was smiling and laughing a lot, and seemed very happy with her performance. It was very heartwarming.

You Young of South Korea was third. (She did not attempt 3A).

Seems like Shcherbakova’s going to JGP4 in Vancouver. We might have to wait and see for Tarusina. Good job to both Annas! They both performed incredibly well.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Anna Tarusina jumps very low, so maybe she didn’t get high GOE ? And her 2A is very wonky-looking so maybe that played a part also, in her technical score?