2018-2019 Russian Nationals: Ice Dance RD | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals: Ice Dance RD

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow, so much ahead! :hap10: Not that I like S/K, but they really are the best Russia has as of now.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I haven't seen Stepanova/Bukin yet, but that was a good skate from Sinitsina/Katsalapov. I know people aren't crazy about Katsalapov, but I agree with Zhulin that he's made a good effort to tonedown his explosiveness.

Seeing them twice this season live with these programs, I do think that it is not even for toning down his uber drama expression, but how well their material facilitates his persona and ego. These programs may look a bit of a throwback for some, but Zhulin focusing them on their natural chemistry and his 'macho', strong character versus Victoria's delicacy and feminity did the smartest thing tbh. And after GPF Fed may bet on more stable horse in that race internationally I think.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Seeing them twice this season live with these programs, I do think that it is not even for toning down his uber drama expression, but how well their material facilitates his persona and ego. These programs may look a bit of a throwback for some, but Zhulin focusing them on their natural chemistry and his 'macho', strong character versus Victoria's delicacy and feminity did the smartest thing tbh. And after GPF Fed may bet on more stable horse in that race internationally I think.

They are definitely a team that looks great live. I enjoyed them at GPF. I feel like I shouldn't admit that in public though. :slink:

I do agree both programs suit them well. I think the tango packaging is really good. I'm just delighted to see that Victoria gets a bit more attention too.

I do think that Nikita has worked on not exploding into every element though. It's okay to just flow into twizzles not launch into them, lol.

Last edited:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
For first time I agree with Tat with almost all her comments especially for the judging. I am so sad Popova Mozgov were so underscored, they were really outstanding. Unfortunately Scoptsova and Aleshin and Shpilevaya and Smirnov also received lower scores for what they showed and their skills. :( I just wish all those couples compete for different country.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
They are definitely a team that looks great live. I enjoyed them at GPF. I feel like I shouldn't admit that in public though. :slink:

I do agree both programs suit them well. I think the tango packaging is really good. I'm just delighted to see that Victoria gets a bit more attention too.

I do think that Nikita has worked on not exploding into every element though. It's okay to just flow into twizzles not launch into them, lol.

Be proud of liking them. I am. I think Nikita is finally free from injury and pain, and they're both skating beautifully this season. Their material is great and is technically & artistically amongst the best choreo'd. The intricate Argentine ganchos in their Tango are stunning! I take my hat off to them and to Zhulin, I thought he was washed up as a Coach, but no! Though sadly, unlike that other blonde Prince Christopher Dean, he hasn't aged as well.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Yes, Nikita definitely transferred some of his ego intesity onto the partnership, relation to Victoria and toned down his frantic approach to some elements. They look better rounded and even as a team, the focus really is on solid execution, but with showing engagement and chemistry happening between them - I am glad Victoria seems to get more spotlight and standing out on her own, too.

Some might be bothered by this outlook and material, but I actually think that they look just more natural and with flow, even in all this dramatism flair than Step/Bukin - somehow, comparing both, the former just look more equally strong and into both technical and performance sides of their work while the later have more 'flashy', out there concepts and sometimes they are just not executed that strong to back loud expression of them.

uffda

Rinkside
also look at this photo, and think she and Stepanova could pass for sisters.

Oh yes! I think there was a photo from a banquet last season, and they both looked stunningly beautiful. And one could definitely get a feeling that they are sisters :D

pesto

On the Ice
Oh yes! I think there was a photo from a banquet last season, and they both looked stunningly beautiful. And one could definitely get a feeling that they are sisters :D

Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous Russian sisters.