2018-2019 Russian Nationals Mens SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Mens SP

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's a big team to all be in the commentary box together. I have often wondered what it would be like if Eurosport had 3 commentators in the box at the same time, but then thought "no, it would upset the balance too much. Somebody would end up not getting a word in edgeways, or they would end up talking over each other. No, 2 is the optimum".

CaroLiza_fan

True...I think maybe there was a third man at some point - two male voices were definitely talking, but he seems to have headed off.

:laugh: Flower girl goes to pick up a plush for Anton and is denied!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
If he gets 30 PCS, he knocks Aliev out of the first flight... hmm.

Metis

Record Breaker
Aaannnnndddd Axelless Aliev is out of the final flight.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hey there Konstantin haven't seen you around before.

Gasp! Whoever he is, I think he's the only other man to go clean today!

Metis

Record Breaker
His TES is higher than Kolyada’s. Should be second or third. So: in this entire event, only TWO men avoided falling, step outs, hands down, etc. I need a freaking vodka.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so I have a question.

Is Milyukov a common name?

The reason I ask is that I have adopted a very young Ice Dancer called Maria Milyukova. And ever since I saw Konstantin's name in the entry list for this, I have wondered if there is a chance they could be related in some way.

From what I can tell from their fskate.ru Bios, they are both from the general Moscow area.

Konstantin's fskate.ru Bio:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/18.html

Maria's fskate.ru Bio:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/4644.html

Just while I have his Bio open, boys but Konstantin looks different to what he does in the photo! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIRD???!!!

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

I was going to put him in my Top 5 on the off chance that he might be related to Maria, but I thought "Would you catch yourself on! He's not even in the Top 10 on the absolute PB order!"

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Well done Konstantin!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Orlov

Medalist
OK, so I have a question.

Is Milyukov a common name?

Not rare.

The reason I ask is that I have adopted a very young Ice Dancer called Maria Milyukova.
Wow. :thumbsup:

And ever since I saw Konstantin's name in the entry list for this, I have wondered if there is a chance they could be related in some way.

From what I can tell from their fskate.ru Bios, they are both from the general Moscow area.

Konstantin's fskate.ru Bio:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/18.html

Maria's fskate.ru Bio:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/4644.html

Just while I have his Bio open, boys but Konstantin looks different to what he does in the photo! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Konstantin from Kazan (Tatarstan), he moved to the Moscow region at a mature age.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Checked the scores, :reye: Konstantin Miliukov in third??? What has happened here???

Edit: So he went clean? I personally don't care that much for his skating, but good for him. So him and Andrei are the only ones who went clean (or does Mikhail Kolyada count as well)?

rachno2

Record Breaker
Checked the scores, :reye: Konstantin Miliukov in third??? What has happened here???

He was the only one to go totally clean. Misha had a step-out on 3A. Kovtun fell on his.

Now that I've calmed myself, I agree with the standings, but the components are ridiculous. But that's nationals.

Protocols

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not rare.

Wow. :thumbsup:

Konstantin from Kazan (Tatarstan), he moved to the Moscow region at a mature age.

Right. So unlikely that they are related.

That's the problem with translation software. It was hard to tell if he was actually from Kazan or whether he was just there for coaching.

As for Maria, I just want to clear something up - you do realise I am talking about Fan Fests on here.

I had adopted the guy that is now her partner a few years ago when he was competing in Singles. So when they teamed up at the end of last season, I took her on too.

And they have been VERY successful in their first season together. They have already won 2 international competitions. And what is even more remarkable is that this is also the first season that the country they are representing (Cyprus) has ever competed in Ice Dance.

Thank you for enlightening me

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Um, how does a 3Lz+3F get positive GOE? I can't remember the specifics but I remember reading that the combo can't be done unless wrong edges are used or something.

If Konstantin Miliukov ends up winning this it might be the biggest upset, but when he's the only one to go 100% clean he might kinda deserve it.

Danny T

Medalist
Wait a minute ... who's Miliukov?? Really great skate :shocked:

Also, I call bee es Kovtun's PCS compared to Misha's. Yes, Misha's a little off today (sinusitis is no joke, obviously), but LOL. If Kovtun becomes Nats Champ .................