2018 Challenge Cup | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Challenge Cup

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
By the way - I like the Challenge Cup 2018! Well-done event with a good atmosphere and fair judging!

Yes, the judging is strict but for me - strict judging is better then...let's say over-lenient!

Winry

On the Ice
Well I think the german ladie should be on the podium here...
Marin is a way better than what she showed here, but even with the overall "low" level, she made too much big mistakes
She doesn't skate like she is used to, maybe an injurie

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
@Winnie_20 are the pooh bears the Japanese ladies holding in the K&C your doing? :laugh2:
Guilty as charged. I was going to bring a bunch with me to Milan, but I don’t see Yuzuru going anymore, and moreover, I had so many poohs and fake flowers, it was never all going to fit in the suitcase anyway. So, what to do?
A friend was happy to help out with throwing them on the ice today (I was happy to just sit and observe, lol), and yesterday another friend and I threw a few for some other Japanese skaters. :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, dear, Yoonmi didn't have the greatest couple of days there, but I hope she had fun anyway. Best of luck at the PISTE next week Yoonmi. :) And well done Chtchetinina/Akulov with that third in the pairs SP, keep up the good work!

...actually, that might explain why so many of the junior Swiss skaters withdrew - prioritising getting onto the National team next season?

Andrea82

Medalist
I didn't see the FS. Why are Boe's PCS so low today? At Euros they weren't much lower than Montoya's and Virtanen's, here it was 13 points behind them.
His TES is actually good for his standards.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
That Gala was so joyful) I like that Ultimate Skate - superb idea))

Violetti

On the Ice
Finnish skater having equipment failure. :-(

But he Valtter Virtanen was the first Finnish man to get over 200! He jumped well and he got the tes for the worlds in SP in this competition (he already had that in the FS), so he can go to the worlds. :yahoo:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
There was a scary moment there where one of the guys’ skates seemed to get a bit too close for comfort to, I think Hanna Yoshida? Hard to judge how close they came, though, as I was sitting exactly behind them. But other than that, the skating battle / gala was loads of fun.
The judges tried hard to get Hanna through, but Dutch audiences really like Dutch skaters, lol. Oh well, in the end I think we got a very deserved winner and runner-up. These people are born showpepople and will have a wonderful career after their sportscareer, I am sure!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
But he Valtter Virtanen was the first Finnish man to get over 200! He jumped well and he got the tes for the worlds in SP in this competition (he already had that in the FS), so he can go to the worlds. :yahoo:
Congratulations to him! He medaled, much to the delight of the audience. So deserved, he was great in the FS even after having to wait long for the music to start again.

vavavoom

Rinkside
Virtanen and the new pair Kashitsyna/Magyar in their first competition got the TES to compete at Worlds. That was the last competition to get them.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Many congrats to Dr Virtanen! It's great to see him get a medal and his qualifications for Worlds, not to mention breaking 200 in total score. And congrats also to Chtchetinina and Akulov for their silver in Senior Pairs; I don't know whether they had the Pairs minimums for Worlds before, but they've certainly got them now. :)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Can anyone tell me how my sentimental favorite Ryuju did in the FS? The results page doesn't show any FS results for senior men. :[