2018 Four Continents Ladies SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Ladies SP

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Just curious why there are no results posted anywhere, just went to the ISU site and nothing.
I didn't know the sp already happened until I saw videos on YT pop up.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Japanese girls domain, as expected.

I was worried about Kaori's condition, but her SP ( and her smile ) was so good. There is any news about that ?

Alifyre

On the Ice
Japanese girls domain, as expected.

I was worried about Kaori's condition, but her SP ( and her smile ) was so good. There is any news about that ?

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/201801250000146.html

Google translate is awful with Japanese but from what I can gather here Kaori wore something to pad the painful part of her foot and it gave her the necessary relief to skate confidently. Hopefully the fix carries her into Friday as well.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Why would north american olympic skaters travel across the world 2 weeks before the olympics, which is also across the world?

They did take it seriously. They sent the best skaters who said yes. That's why Ashley Wagner isn't there. They asked her and she declined. The skaters who made the Olympic Team don't have time to stop training and rest between events. If certain skaters are doing both, that's great. However, the amount of energy, money, and risk of a possible injury IMO, make it too risky for them to and both events. That's my 2 cents.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Really 4CC, you don't NEED to make up for Euros inflation by deflating PCS here.....

Exactly my thoughts. It’s nice to see that nobody was overscored here, except maybe Kaori on the combo spin (I love her but please fix or get rid of those illusions). But now we’re dealing with underscoring. Scores in the top 7 were about right, but Elizabet, Alaine, Soyoun, and Angela all should’ve received higher scores...:(

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There just seems a lack of energy and interest in this year's 4CC's. Maybe a bit of interest in the womens and mens but you are missing so many big stars in the pairs and dance. A non North American team is going to win a medal in dance. That's like someone else winning the gold medal in hockey between Canada and the USA (women's hockey). its like a popped balloon:(

The timing is unfortunate and the world not so small. Totally understandable why the Americans and Canadians don't have their top skaters here with the olympics so close.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Why would north american olympic skaters travel across the world 2 weeks before the olympics, which is also across the world?

Uh...the ladies from the US and Canada that are at 4cc's aren't the same ladies going to Olympics. And FWIW--Angela, Starr, and Mariah are taking it seriously. (same for Canadian Ladies there).

beki

Medalist
Mai is finally pulling off the tango! Amazing new look. What a bummer not to see her and Wakaba at the Olympics. Both of them should be getting higher PCS than Kaori. I’m disappointed in the way things turned out.

withwings

On the Ice
Satokos scores are disgustingly. low

...only if we do compare them with the scores, which are shamelessly used as a tool to manipulate the results of a particular competition... so-called inflated scores...

And, yes, Miyahara gives everything- there is neither artificial mimics or restless "point/medal huntings" (in the disguise of skating); it is skating in its purity. Truly an art of skating.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Uh...the ladies from the US and Canada that are at 4cc's aren't the same ladies going to Olympics. And FWIW--Angela, Starr, and Mariah are taking it seriously. (same for Canadian Ladies there).

I know? That was the point I was making. The person I replied to said something along the lines of “Canada and the US aren’t taking 4CC seriously.”

Not sending their olympians doesn’t mean they aren’t taking it seriously. They aren’t sending olympians because it logistically doesn’t make sense.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I know? That was the point I was making. The person I replied to said something along the lines of “Canada and the US aren’t taking 4CC seriously.”

Not sending their olympians doesn’t mean they aren’t taking it seriously. They aren’t sending olympians because it logistically doesn’t make sense.

I'm aware, but thanks?!

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Talk about being late to the party.
Kind of sad this competition is kind of a "meh" competition compared to Europeans. What is with the scores? They seem kind of low all around.

Casual

On the Ice
Satoko was the best, IMO. I enjoyed Mai as well, but Satori seemed a grade above everyone.