2018 JGP Kaunas: ISU Info | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas: ISU Info

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
:cheer:

Trusova! Araki! YL! Iwano! Never seen Kanysheva before, but she'll probably be a contender too.

I'm going to assume this is a provisional second event for Torgashev.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Kanysheva is definitely a contender if she lands her content. Doesn't compete with 3Lz-3Lo but is consistent with what she does have. But I would've wished to see Sinitsyna here, despite her results (which aren't even that bad) because she has better skating and better jumps.

ETA: Kanysheva's free has 2A, 3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 2A // 3Lz-1Lo-3S, 3F-2T, 3F, all perfect at test skates
Trusova's free has 4Lz, 4T-3T, 4T, 2A (but we've seen 3A off-ice) // 3Lz-3Lo, 3Lz-1Lo-3S, 3F, all perfect except a slight hand on the second 4T at test skates

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Finally! I have been checking all week to see if I would be able to make this announcement yet! :drama:

Now that Polina Ustinova has moved to Seniors, we will be seeing a different face representing Cyprus for the first time in a few years.

Eliana KALOGIROU (ISU Bio; Rink Results Bio; Stats On Ice Bio)

Eliana is a double Cypriot Champion at Basic Novice B level (2014–15 and 2015–16). She then moved onto Juniors, finishing 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2016–17, and winning the bronze medal in 2017–18. She has also been competing internationally for the past 3 seasons.

For more info, see her Fan Fest post:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56054-Team-Cyprus&p=1876092&viewfull=1#post1876092

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ELIANA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I did a table with the male skaters in this competition but I cannot paste it here (I used Pages to modify it by deleting rows and columns of the ISU page)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Ksenia Sinitsyna: also coached by Svetlana Panova, also in JGP debut like Kanysheva. She's 13, born in late 2004. Jumps 3Lz-3Lo with wonderful skating skills and soft, fluid jumps. At test skates had 3Lz-3Lo both in short and free and backloaded combo in short and all three combos backloaded in the free.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Having three JGPs in a row open with Eteri girls is starting to get on my nerves again. How are they always drawing that way? It's got to be bad for business to have Trusova first since a lot of people will probably leave after her (although there's so many other skaters to watch). Will Shcherbakova draw that again next week?

siela

On the Ice
Having three JGPs in a row open with Eteri girls is starting to get on my nerves again. How are they always drawing that way? It's got to be bad for business to have Trusova first since a lot of people will probably leave after her (although there's so many other skaters to watch). Will Shcherbakova draw that again next week?

#1 is probably the only number for them - even in the draw :biggrin:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
To be fair it was tarusina that went first in the first week but with sherbakova later in that group. I mean a random draw makes this possible but it starting to ba a little ridicolus with the eventual winner in the first group...