2018 Olympics Practice Reports & Experiences | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympics Practice Reports & Experiences

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
so patrick didn't land any clean 3As...?

=(

edit: or did he? in that combo?
I was hoping for a miracle but it is clear he has given up and lost his drive and mojo. I won't watch him; just so sad because he truly is a beautiful skater. But givinguponthe quad sal,nowthe triple axel:( I will be focussing on ladies now :( Worried about Hanyu and to see Chan basically concede is so so maddening:(

enzofv

On the Ice
I wouldn't worry just yet. Most of the skaters had up and down practice sessions day 1. Nathan said in an ice network interview that he was just getting the ice under him. I think he'll be fine! Hoping the same for all the U.S. skaters!

I hope so!!!

TunaKeem

Rinkside
Is there a reason the athletes all went to Pyeongchang so close to the team event where they potentially might skate?

I would imagine that travelling to the opposite timezone takes a lot out of you so I thought they would go at least a week in advance to get the jetlag properly out of the way. Is this to maximize their training time on the ice at home since they have limited time on the Olympic rinks?

Barb

Record Breaker
Thank you so much! But wait - Were there bits of "Fix You" I heard in Shibs' long program? Ending was different too... Have I missed something? Lol

The program always had a little of Fix you but at US Nationals they added it more, especially during twizzles. And yes, the choreo lift is different, and the step seq too.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
It takes a few days to acclimate and start to feel your legs after long travel like this. I'm not counting out Chan yet.

Part of me wishes the U.S. and Canadian skaters had gone to Korea a week ago! They would've been used to the time change by now, and the ice in time for when official practices began.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
But this is usually the time that skaters arrive for competitions overseas. Actually, it's a quite a bit earlier if we're just talking about individual events.

beachmouse

On the Ice
USA figure skating reportedly still has a rule of the books limiting the number of international team athletes on a single flight because of the Sabena 548 disaster. Which opens it up for the athletes to trickle into the venue depending on their personal time frame for managing any jet lag.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Any word on Carolina’s practice? She practiced on the practice rink yesterday for the first time per a Canadian reporter.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Anna's dresses are almost always gorgeous.

Agree, but on the top of that Anna dones those dresses in a way that is rocking and working for her best. When beauty of skater meets exquisiteness of costume design, it is a perfect match, when we add a personality Anna has - it gets timeless to get back to.
I really love that the dress in more daring and revealing, it gives more oomph and edge to the whole presentation of the dance, love the subtle yet effective glittery effect on the bodice and va-va-voom plunge on the neckline, complimented by pink splash of colour. I also dig the bolder/darker lip for this dress:luv17:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Anna's dresses are almost always gorgeous.

Yes, Anna & Luca always have very nice costumes and costumes that are modern, yet fitting the character of the dance. And I have loved both of Anna's 'old' and 'new' SD dresses, just gorgeous. Luca's Latino look is great as well.

Also, they have really tried to incorporate a lot of Samba/Cha Cha content into their SD, they are very recognisable moves. It is not easy given the speed of their music choice and being on ice, I really appreciate the effort.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Would just like to say thank you to everyone who has been posting about their experiences at the games! Stay safe and enjoy yourselves, on behalf of those of us who are very far away and are unable to attend.