• Yuna SHIRAIWA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The caller in the Ladies event is Vanessa Gusmeroli, who is known to be a real stickler. There will be lots of carrots on the table!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Personally, I want Sofia to win and Alina to be second.
Why? Zhenya will be likely #2 in France, and that will put her behind both Alina and Sofia for GPF. If Zhenya doesn't make GPF, TAT will explode.

I want to see TAT explode.

ah this sounds kind of cruel and mean. To wish something bad on Zenya to get a reaction of TAT. Go mix some vinegar and baking soda or watch a soap opera. We don't need unnecesary drama in skating we have Johnny Weir already Lol.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I watched Gracie's FS in practice and she looks great. However she performs, this is going to be a very emotional event.

I was listening to her music. It is going to be wonderful to see her skate but if she skates poorly her choice of song will be very ominous. It is one of those songs that describes what Gracie is going through I guess but if it is skated poorly ie pops, falls,struggle on landings it will be evenmore ugly. It is kind of a song that says I am back, I am healed, I am wonderful hear me roar. But if it isn't skated well I thinkit is worse than had she chosen other music. Listen to the words and you will understand. In the end i hope Gracie will be satisfied with whatever. She actually could podium in such a weak field.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Alina will win if she is clean. Mako is my choice for silver :love: If Gracie goes clean, I will be happy. More importantly, if she doesn't pop (which has been a real struggle for her in recent seasons), I will be happy enough!

:cheer:

This is so profound and earthshattering. Alina will win if she is clean.

rachno2

Record Breaker
In the end i hope Gracie will be satisfied with whatever. She actually could podium in such a weak field.

I wish Gracie success, but I wouldn’t call an event with Alina, Mako, Yuna, Samodurova, Tursynbaeva, and Eunsoo a weak field :think:

readernick

Medalist
I wish Gracie success, but I wouldn’t call an event with Alina, Mako, Yuna, Samodurova, Tursynbaeva, and Eunsoo a weak field :think:

Compared to NHK it is a weak field. Compared to the other Grand Prix events, it is average or a bit below average. Alina, Mako and Eunsoo ( if clean) have high scoring potential but the others have limits in TES and PCS potential.

But, I don’t think Gracie has a chance to medal here nor is she expecting too. This is her first competition for 2 years. She is here for the experience not to win.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
This event will be very interesting...
First of all, I'm really sad Wakaba had to withdraw because of injury. :cry:
I hope she gets well soon enough! :sad21:

We have Gracie Gold coming back, whatever happens, whatever the results, she's already a champion in my heart. How bold of her to start this season in a big event like that! She's giving everything she can and I think we should all appreciate that. Also, her FS looked pretty good, I know the jumps are not there but that will come. For now, we can enjoy her beautiful performance. :luv17:

I can't wait to watch Mako's perfect beautiful jumps! Her 3Lz3T2T is just so incredible! Her SP music still gets on my nerves but other than that her skating is very pleasant, just the flow and the edges are to die for! Very nice to watch! Now, can she get a silver here? Could she classify for the Final??

Alina is a lock for gold but ice is slippery. But she looked pretty good in practice and even if she does make some mistakes, it would take a major meltdown for her to lose the top spot here and I don't see that happening. Later in the season, when the pressure is enormous, maybe, but right now Alina just looked super focused and ready to slay! :yay:

I think everyone is seeing this as a weak field but it's kind of hard to predict the podium either way because the only one who's really miles away from the rest is Zagitova, silver and bronze could surprise us, who knows!

I'm rooting for a good event, with lots of clean skates, great moments and a bit of unexpectedness to spice it up a little! :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Eunsoo's FS layout says 3Lz+3T, 3Lo, 3S / 3Lz+3T, 2A, 3F+2T+2Lo, 2A now. The -3T moved from the first 2A to the 3Lz again, and the 3S is now the third jumping pass. Now I don't care how the layout goes, anything that'll make her go clean will do. Oh please skating gods...

Be careful with those skating Gods...they MAY require you to sacrafice a virgin to the volcano! I am more afraid of the ice monsters that swim just under the ice and grab skater's legs.... :(
Go Eunsoo!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Be careful with those skating Gods...they MAY require you to sacrafice a virgin to the volcano! I am more afraid of the ice monsters that swim just under the ice and grab skater's legs.... :(
Go Eunsoo!

Hmm, where do I get a volcano? :biggrin: Just kidding, but I desperately want her to go clean, please darling :pray: :pray:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I watched Gracie's sp practice. She marked all of her jumps. No feed for full practice, so I don't know about her jumps during the rest of group. I little concerned since she basically marked jumps in both practice runthroughs.

princessalica

Final Flight
I watched Gracie's sp practice. She marked all of her jumps. No feed for full practice, so I don't know about her jumps during the rest of group. I little concerned since she basically marked jumps in both practice runthroughs.

Part of me hopes that she's just being cagey, and will come out and skate an impressive and clean short

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Then thank goodness Polina will get the CSKA bonus... not something I thought I’d ever say...