2018 US Novices Men Ladies Pairs Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 US Novices Men Ladies Pairs Dance

notonmylife15

On the Ice
Is Ice network down for anyone else? I'm trying to watch the pairs but the video isn't coming up. :scratch2:

You had to back out and click "watch now" because they switched arenas.

....and did Jasmine Fendi just skate the whole back half of that program with her hand sliced open? Given they are now resurfacing the ice after ONE pair, I can only think that's because of blood on the ice.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

....and did Jasmine Fendi just skate the whole back half of that program with her hand sliced open? Given they are now resurfacing the ice after ONE pair, I can only think that's because of blood on the ice.

Yes, I think she did. :eeking: What a tough cookie. I hope they get the best score of their life and get a super shiny medal because if ever a kid deserved one she surely does. Hopefully the next competitors don't let it rattle them too much, but most of all, I hope she's all right and they can stitch her hand/finger back together with no lasting damage.

edit: What the...!!! Super low score. :dev2:

notonmylife15

On the Ice
Yes, I think she did. :eeking: What a tough cookie. I hope they get the best score of their life and get a super shiny medal because if ever a kid deserved one she surely does. Hopefully the next competitors don't let it rattle them too much, but most of all, I hope she's all right and they can stitch her hand/finger back together with no lasting damage.

Cripes...tough cookie or not, someone should tell her that next time it's OK to stop and assess the damage. That poor kid...

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cripes...tough cookie or not, someone should tell her that next time it's OK to stop and assess the damage. That poor kid...

I know. I want to cry over that...:shrug: I just hope it's not too serious an injury.

Isn't there an option for medical pauses? But then she's so young, and I'm sure she was in a ton of pain, and with the adrenaline coursing... she probably just didn't stop to think, or she did and figured it was worth it to push through. But geez, judges, throw 'em some PCS points or something! Because really, other than the obvious, it was a reasonable skate.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And man those zamboni were lightning fast! 10 minutes! :eeking:

Here's to no more injuries from the next competitors. Warm hearts and cool heads to all!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man what an event. Double fall on the death spiral from Makhova/Makhov and errors from Hom/Jerosch too.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist

I backed out in to the account management screen. Where does it say watch now?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well... that's over. Who would have thought that the 7th and 8th place pairs from last night would win silver and pewter, respectively? Congrats to them though! I hope Jasmine is all right.

But man, I didn't think I'd see an event that could best the GPs this season for hardest event to watch, but this definitely took the cake... so. many. falls. So. many. errors. Bonus points to the Hubbarts for having a good skate and winning silver--I think they were the only team really happy in the K&C.

- - - Updated - - -

I backed out in to the account management screen. Where does it say watch now?

Home page.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks I found it! Kind of bummed I didn't realize that and missed the pairs but at least I can watch later.

I really, really wouldn't bother to catch up on this event if I were you. I get it, because I love pairs and would watch pairs all day long, but... really. Cut your losses and don't bother. It was a brutal event.

notonmylife15

On the Ice
Well... that's over. Who would have thought that the 7th and 8th place pairs from last night would win silver and pewter, respectively? Congrats to them though! I hope Jasmine is all right.

But man, I didn't think I'd see an event that could best the GPs this season for hardest event to watch, but this definitely took the cake... so. many. falls. So. many. errors. Bonus points to the Hubbarts for having a good skate and winning silver--I think they were the only team really happy in the K&C.

- - - Updated - - -

Home page.

I meant back out to the home page. It gave you a "Watch Now" option for Novice Pairs.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oona Brown and Gage Brown... what a riot! Not 100% technically perfect, but what a committed flamenco! Definitely a team to watch.

edit: I totally forgot the best part; you know that lift where the guy squats down and the girl balances lying flat on his knees? I'm sure there's a name but don't know it. Anyway, they did that in reverse; HE was the one balancing. :clap:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I really, really wouldn't bother to catch up on this event if I were you. I get it, because I love pairs and would watch pairs all day long, but... really. Cut your losses and don't bother. It was a brutal event.

Oh wow that is unfortunate. Sounds worth skipping then. I used the extra time to catch up on the Novice Ladies SP that I missed earlier today. Lots of mistakes in that event too but I really enjoyed the top 6.

I am looking at the schedule and it says Junior ladies begin in 20 minutes. I'm not sure the Novice dance will be over by then so it seems this is also at a different rink. Do you happen to know where I would find the stream to watch Junior ladies on IN? Is it on the home page?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh wow that is unfortunate. Sounds worth skipping then. I used the extra time to catch up on the Novice Ladies SP that I missed earlier today. Lots of mistakes in that event too but I really enjoyed the top 6.

I am looking at the schedule and it says Junior ladies begin in 20 minutes. I'm not sure the Novice dance will be over by then so it seems this is also at a different rink. Do you happen to know where I would find the stream to watch Junior ladies on IN? Is it on the home page?

Yes it'll be at the other rink. *A* stream will be shown on the home page. Just click that, and if it's junior ladies, great. If not, scroll down to the recommended video section and you'll see two 2018 US Champs Live boxes and just click the other one.

Really enjoying the novice dance; I'd tune in if you're just chilling waiting for ladies to start.

sk8dc

On the Ice
What a well deserved win! Light and airy and fit the music and well skated technically (the twizzles not so much) but the rest was a yes!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, the top 5 were all fantastic! Really loved Buckley/Chen and the Browns especially.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For some reason, the official results are frozen without the last skater, Max Lake. However, this info was in the IN picture gallery:

Finishing second to Endo was All Year FSC's Max Lake, whose winning free skate -- set to "Cello Concerto in E" -- yielded 103.11 points and enabled the 15-year-old to win the silver.

Novice Men Results (Unofficial)

• Start time: Jan 03, 3:15 PM Pacific Standard Time
  • Venue: Solar4America Ice
    [*=right]Judge detail scores

PlaceStartNameShort ProgramFree SkateTotal Score
PlaceScorePlaceScore
110Goku Endo, Los Angeles FSC254.112102.03156.14
212Max Lake, All Year FSC352.66 1103.11155.77
37Nicholas Hsieh, SC of Wilmington156.75594.89151.64
411Lucas Altieri, Panthers FSC448.65395.98144.63
55Chase Finster, Northern Kentucky SC941.402101.04142.44
64Nathan Chapple, Shaker FSC744.74495.86140.60