2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 844 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Finley

Record Breaker
Mishin is getting senile, I am amazed over the 'aloofness' of these comments? FFKSPb has some answering to do as to why Tuktamysheva, or rather her YT account (which she apparently got locked out of) could get involved in a slander directed at?? And why this agent was able to do all those things (financial crimes even?) Any, hopefully authoritative, info on what's going on here? And why nobody seems to bother?

Again Alina is the most sensible of all, but most feel uncomfortable over all the commotion. She'll work to her best capabilities in the Navka show now.

Looking forward to the Urgant show with Alina and Tat'yana Navka. No doubt a whole lot of people will be watching, given all what happened during the weekend, but what can Alina say anymore? She has made herself perfectly clear. However, not everybody has social media or internet access, so Urgant will likely talk about it or ask some questions for the television audience.

Alina: I have now decided to skate at Russian Nationals. I'm planning to qualify for European & World teams. Thanks to all my doubters for the extra motivation. :devil:

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I didn't see anyone posting that Liza deserved higher PCS but I did start to see the argument that she should go to Euros and Worlds because of her triple axels and the quad we've only seen in practice at this point. I felt the need to counter that argument that Anna doesn't just have her jumps (that are worth more point-wise then Liza's still even if Liza adds a single quad toe and quad toe in combination) but that Anna has beaten her all season against international judges and has been beating her on the PCS side as well.

You were not around for the Lombardia discussions then :biggrin:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
That's actually rather simple, for an expert, or someone trained in appreciating art. It's usually clear like night and day, "true artistry" and "musicality" vs. absence thereof and mediocrity.

This ability (to discern and appreciate artistry, musicality, virtuosity of performance etc.) can be trained. IMHO, the reason some judges do not "see" it is not because they are tone-deaf or blind, but because they are corrupt.

This is, in my opinion, incorrect and I can give you an example.

Vincent Van Gogh sold one painting while he was alive. He is now one of the most famous artists who’ve ever lived. Karl Marx was buried in a paupers grave, he is one of the most influential political thinkers in human history. Thomas Shadwell was a celebrated poet laureate and was known and loved by all the critics of his time, you couldn’t find his poetry in most book shops today.

Tastes change, Art is subjective.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alina: I have now decided to skate at Russian Nationals. I'm planning to qualify for European & World teams. Thanks to all my doubters for the extra motivation. :devil:

That would be the greatest trolling in the history of figure skating :laugh2:

Finley

Record Breaker
That would be the greatest trolling in the history of figure skating :laugh2:

Can you even imagine?

Russian figure skating giants at each others throat over all of this and Alina's tells Urgant: "Never mind. I'm going."

Urgant would be speechless for the first time in his life.

Amei

Record Breaker
This drama is better than any reality show. Loling over Tutberidze bringing out poetry. Will we graduate to performance art next?

The whole last 2-3 days highlights the egos that these adults have; this is par the course for Tarasova from what I've read over the years, Plushenko is trying to keep his name in the press for his shows and the rink where he does his coaching hobby. Tutberidze should be focusing on her skaters who are 2 weeks out from nationals which will largely determine who goes to Europeans and Worlds not engaging in social media fights - let your skaters sweeping the podium be your 'clap-back' at the haters.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I would pay to see Tat, Tut, Plushy, channel their inner Marcel Marceau and do this in mime. Talk about theatrics!

While the drama between the crazy adults is theatrical, it's important to remember that the skaters they're talking about are real people. And children. When TAT started criticizing Alina on national television, she was only 15. And she is now only 17. She also publicly said Gubanova looked like a duck when she did her swan program, and she was 13 at the time. The comments she made to Radionova about her weight in front of the federation was when she was 19, I believe. And there are many more. What is hard to swallow is that TAT is still a supported and influential part of Russian figure skating based on her past successes.

Can you imagine if Brian Orser went on national TV to say Kaetlyn or Patrick didn't deserve their world/olympic medals, and criticized them for being undependable every time she didn't go clean? AFAIK, all the well known coaches and figures in Canada were very complimentary to and appreciative of their contributions to the sport at their times of break/retirement. And at every point in their careers. Or if Frank Carroll went out to bash Bradie Tennell? Even Mie Hamada got so much backlash for the situation with Oda and her actions weren't public. I have no idea why there is so much toxicity in Russian figure skating, but comments like these from higher-ups and professionals would not go unpunished in other countries. TAT is not the general public nor a casual viewer, she's someone in a position of power that is recognized by the federation so I just don't see how all this is alright. Say what you will about Eteri, but she has never publicly criticized a skater she doesn't know ie. coach or accused anyone of not deserving their accomplishments. Her sister, however, is another piece of toxicity.

Finley

Record Breaker
No that would make everything she says after such a thing not believable at all

So you're telling me nothing would change? Good to know.

Remember when Alina couldn't make it to Bratislava, or wherever it was, last season for a Challenger competition because of visa issues? People accused her/her team of making it up so she wouldn't have to face Rika. They even said the photo she posted on IG of suitcase was her trying to convince people it was the truth. It was all a ploy for her to get Nebelhorn where the competition would be easier.

Or when a journalist was told that Alina had sprained her ankle tripping over TV cables at the GPF? Lies. Excuses. Trying to justify her 2nd place finish. I still appreciate Tim Koleto for sticking up for her on Twitter.

Or when Daniil said she was skating with a chemical burn at last years Rus Nats. More lies. More excuses. I wish she hadn't waited til the season was over to let Team Zagitova post a picture of the burn but she probably learned from the reaction she got to the photo of her suitcase.

Alina jumps in a harness. She's lying about being injured. Alina falls and has a tiny cut; doesn't skate in GPF gala. She's lying about being injured because other skaters have really serious injuries and keep competing.

Alina says she needs to lose weight to learn a quad. She's lying because Liza T. just learned a quad.

All of these examples are just from this thread but I've read similar things elsewhere. And never-mind the online nonsense from fans. Alina says she wants a break. TAT says she's a terrible liar (!) and doesn't expect to see her come back.

Alina caring about people believing her or not is a complete waste of her time.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
So you're telling me nothing would change? Good to know.

Remember when Alina couldn't make it to Bratislava, or wherever it was, last season for a Challenger competition because of visa issues? People accused her/her team of making it up so she wouldn't have to face Rika. They even said the photo she posted on IG of suitcase was her trying to convince people it was the truth. It was all a ploy for her to get Nebelhorn where the competition would be easier.

Or when a journalist was told that Alina had sprained her ankle tripping over TV cables at the GPF? Lies. Excuses. Trying to justify her 2nd place finish. I still appreciate Tim Koleto for sticking up for her on Twitter.

Or when Daniil said she was skating with a chemical burn at last years Rus Nats. More lies. More excuses. I wish she hadn't waited til the season was over to let Team Zagitova post a picture of the burn but she probably learned from the reaction she got to the photo of her suitcase.

Alina jumps in a harness. She's lying about being injured. Alina falls and has a tiny cut; doesn't skate in GPF gala. She's lying about being injured because other skaters have really serious injuries and keep competing.

Alina says she needs to lose weight to learn a quad. She's lying because Liza T. just learned a quad.

All of these examples are just from this thread but I've read similar things elsewhere. And never-mind the online nonsense from fans. Alina says she wants a break. TAT says she's a terrible liar (!) and doesn't expect to see her come back.

Alina caring about people believing her or not is a complete waste of her time.

Funny thing is, even now, after repeating pretty much same speech twice, the people who claim to be her fans and well wishers don't believe her and think she is either forced by Eteri to say it or is being polite.

AkikoNana

Rinkside
For all the people saying that someone can learn a quad at any age: yes, Liza has learned a quad. And probably Yuzuru will land a 4A. But it’s very different learn a single jump and land it in training than jump a quad in a competitive program with many other things to care about like Stsq, spins, jump combo and choreography.

I wish Liza succeeds in landing a quad at RusNat but I also wish she will be capable of ending the program with all the elements clean. I don’t want a splatfest like men competition only because a quad is now requiring for winning.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I may think a lot about Trankov, but the fact that he spoke in this manner speaks volumes.
I guess there’s a whole lot about TAT behind her fasade that we don’t know yet...

This, and now that I have seen the summary of all the skaters who supported that Team Tutberidze post with comments and likes, completely blows my mind.
There's a whole list and it's damn long. :shocked: even reporter Tatjana Flade liked that post too.
Wow, it looks like there's so much more behind the scenes, and skaters/coaches just cannot speak up against the 'old guards'.

Finley

Record Breaker
Funny thing is, even now, after repeating pretty much same speech twice, the people who claim to be her fans and well wishers don't believe her and think she is either forced by Eteri to say it or is being polite.

The amount of times Alina is not believed, or taken at her word, is insane to me. When she announced she would be skating to 'Bad Guy' someone claimed she had been lying about Selena Gomez being her favorite. :palmf:

Then she was a copycat and her entire existence was dissected to determine all the ways she copied another skater. (She's wearing a ring on her first finger! :drama:) Then she was complicit in plagiarism, because of course she was.

Wow. I don't know what Alina will do if people stop believing her. To begin with, how will she know the difference?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The whole last 2-3 days highlights the egos that these adults have; this is par the course for Tarasova from what I've read over the years, Plushenko is trying to keep his name in the press for his shows and the rink where he does his coaching hobby. Tutberidze should be focusing on her skaters who are 2 weeks out from nationals which will largely determine who goes to Europeans and Worlds not engaging in social media fights - let your skaters sweeping the podium be your 'clap-back' at the haters.

This could all be an attempt to put a stick into the wheels of #TeamTutberidzeForProgress, just a feeble attempt to disrupt the preparations for National Championships, to divide the nation. The skaters will probably just do their routine, training and competing. And cocoon themselves snugly out of reach from social media and press. But their parents and relatives must know by now, so at breakfast and diner there should be talks to erase any doubts.

We'll perhaps hear tomorrow when FFKKR offices open if there will be an official reaction or over the week how this row further evolves.

thedude

On the Ice
...He does not know how to differentiate outright lies from facts.

Actually he/she ( I don't know KOBOT37's gender) did differentiate. The quote from the post is:

20. Rumors are running wild at Russian segment of Internet, from somewhat sensible ones to ones claiming Eteri hit (physically) Alina before GPF.

You have the read the whole the sentence and not take the one part out of context that you dislike

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
While all this drama goes on zhenya is not only really amazing at drawing but also now designing skating dresses. Really this woman is really talented not only as a skater .

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I noticed Johnny Weir when commentating GPF said that he had been talking to a Russian girl who competes "at high level" and she had said that she knows the three young girls will be selected for Euros and Worlds, so what was she to do with her life...

Anyone know which Russian skater Johnny was talking about?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I noticed Johnny Weir when commentating GPF said that he had been talking to a Russian girl who competes "at high level" and she had said that she knows the three young girls will be selected for Euros and Worlds, so what was she to do with her life...

Anyone know which Russian skater Johnny was talking about?

I think we all know this. Because whatever combination it will be, those will be three young girls in every case :biggrin: