2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 91 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I’m sorry, but This. Is. Baloney.

Zhenya did not create drama. Zhenya is not acting childish. Alina is not acting childish. No one was bullied, no one was attacked, no one is the bigger person, they apparently had a dispute over a song, and having listened to the song, yikes, who cares?:biggrin:

Both are World Champion skaters, both have amazing careers, and their fans should celebrate both of them, one of them, or none of them, without characterizing the skaters’ motivations or personalities.

:hap10:

I just hope Alina's team is willing up to cough up new program and costume if she gets sick to performing to this song in yellow ugly costume. I mean Zhenya used to have multiple gala programs... :D :D

Finley

Record Breaker
I just hope Alina's team is willing up to cough up new program and costume if she gets sick to performing to this song in yellow ugly costume. I mean Zhenya used to have multiple gala programs... :D :D

If not, you can always start a GoFundMe page to help pay for Alina get a better costume. Or at least another costume in a different color. Good thing Alina looks good in anything!

On a serious note, If Olga Ryabenko has been tasked with creating a costume for Alina to 'Bad Guy' based on Billie's aesthetic and checked out her IG and videos for inspiration..... I would pay actual money to have her reaction translated into English. :devil:

If not, you can always start a GoFundMe page to help pay for Alina get a better costume. Or at least another costume in a different color. Good thing Alina looks good in anything!

Wait, wait! Did I miss it? Is there actually a picture of Alina in a yellow hoodie sweatsuit thing? That would be worth all the drama right there!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Dudes everyone, take a chill pill.

This forum has become a warzone these past couple of days and its unbearable as heck. This is the russian ladies chat, not a fanfest. Please be respectful to everyone; obviously everyone has their favorite skaters and their different opinions. This is the RUSSIAN LADIES CHAT, expect there to be discussion. Not everyone is going to agree with what you say, but there’s also no need to take everything so personally either. If everyone would just stop being so incendiary to one another that would certainly help. If you disagree with an opinion, then do it respectfully. And I think that goes for everything. This is a free space to share about any russian lady skater, but that doesn’t mean its a free space for you to incite one another. This is a SHARED forum. And it will do well for everyone to remember that.

I think I might save this post somehow and bring it up when things like this happen again, which usually is every 5 days or so :biggrin:

As I said, every 5 days :biggrin:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well after reading a couple pages I have determined that since Alina deleted her post that upset some people that this is over. And it should be over and everybody moves on. My feeling is this will be the last we hear of any going back and forth between Evgenia and Alina.

Finley

Record Breaker
Well after reading a couple pages I have determined that since Alina deleted her post that upset some people that this is over. And it should be over and everybody moves on. My feeling is this will be the last we hear of any going back and forth between Evgenia and Alina.

And if it's not then we can all decide collectively to let them be teenage girls and just let them live!

Scott512

Record Breaker
And if it's not then we can all decide collectively to let them be teenage girls and just let them live!

For sure. no matter how accomplished they are and they both are incredibly accomplished and successful they are still teenagers who reach a lot of people on the internet. I also sometimes feel like we forget they are human beings prone to everything everyone else is.

Sam L

Medalist

What post?

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
This was more dramatic than James Charles/ Tati drama and that says something :p
However, if something was learnt with that drama is that there's more behind the scenes than we'll ever know, but fans will still be speculating no matter what :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
This was more dramatic than James Charles/ Tati drama and that says something :p
However, if something was learnt with that drama is that there's more behind the scenes than we'll ever know, but fans will still be speculating no matter what :laugh:
Its oveer with now. There wont be any new drama this time in 5 days. Sorry. ;)

Claudalie

Rinkside

Tati/James drama was watched over 100 million people combined. I couldn't believe the number of people interested in that ridiculous feud. The song drama was a tone lower though but more ridiculous... We less it's discussed the more it has a chance to go away. Let us keep the speculations to ourselves:)

Scott512

Record Breaker

That was such an interesting article and read. I understand the qualms about 14 and 15 year old phenom girls in figure skating. But I don't think there's anything anyone is going to do to change the rules especially with 13 year old Alysa Liu coming doing multiple triple axles and multiple quads at some point in her same program. And it will be funny to say American figure-skating columnist cheering on Alysa Liu at 13 and 14 years old when they were bellyaching about teenage Russian girls at the last Olympics. Lol. The ISU changed the backloading rules because of one skater Zagitova and they tried to raise the age limit because of one skater Zagitova. That still ticks me off. But we will see less of the raising the age screams from Americans and American journalist because of a certain 13 year old phenom. SMH/LOL.

I kind of understand the complaining from adults about saying these prepubescent girls competing at a high level but there's nothing you can do to change it. That ship has sailed. Then you add in the fact that 3A will be money makers for whatever events they are in and money talks. And there are more incredible young girl skaters coming Behind these three Russians and some of them are even in their own training group at Sambo-70.

The most interesting thing about the article of course is how much faster girls grow up compared to a century ago or even 30 years ago. I know girls that got there exclamation points (periods) at 14 15 or 16 a couple decades ago and now it's 9 or 10 and I'm like good God this is scary. I know it's evolution and all of that but it still is unbelievable to me. By the way I only like to use the word period in a grammatical sense. Thus I refer to this bit of human nature as an exclamation point for girls. Thanks for understanding. :)