2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
JGPF in pairs is essentially junior russian nationals in pairs + the german pair :biggrin:

It could have probably been even all russian event, if they would have sent Vislobokova/Briukhanov instead of Shchleglova/Kalashnikov.

But all in all, this is the entire starting field for JGPF:
Panfilova/Rylov
Akhanteva/Kolesov
Artemeva/Nazarychev
Mukhametzianova/Mironov
Pepeleva/Pleshkov
Hocke/Kunkel

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I wonder which all-Russian podium is more likely to happen in Beijing, pairs or ladies :biggrin:

In pairs, there are still chinese pairs and James/Cipres, who I believe want to stay in competitions till the olympic season and those are hard competitors.

starla16

Medalist
With Zabijako / Enbert out , Mishina / Galliamov can have the perfect season to debut in seniors might even knock out Tarasova / Morozov as russian No.1
Stolbova / Klimov also have a shot at Euros if they do well in Rostelecom and Nationals.

So we ave Tier A
Tarasova / Morozov, Mishina / Galliamov, Stolbova / Klimov

they still haveTier B skaters like Boikova / Kozlovski, Pavlyuchneko/Khodykin. Not sure Erfimova / Korovi ncan be classified in this tier as they've gotten worst.

Dr-minus

Rinkside
With Zabijako / Enbert out , Mishina / Galliamov can have the perfect season to debut in seniors might even knock out Tarasova / Morozov as russian No.1

Are you living in Wonderland? Even if M/G would skate absolutely without mistakes, they still lack greatly in PCS department. But even that is not the biggest problem. They (and their coaches especially) don't have any political clout in the Rus Fed to prop them into №1. Velikovs have nothing against the influense of Zueva, Moskvina and Morozov. Their only chance to make top 3 is to skate flawlessly and hope for some serious meltdowns from other pairs.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Stolbova / Klimov also have a shot at Euros if they do well in Rostelecom and Nationals.

So we ave Tier A

they still haveTier B skaters like Boikova / Kozlovski, Pavlyuchneko/Khodykin. Not sure Erfimova / Korovi ncan be classified in this tier as they've gotten worst.

First of all, Stolbova/Klimov were a mega pair who’ve won their rack of medals and were number one. It’s Stolbova/Novoselov you’re talking about. And they are likely to benefit first and foremost from Z/E not being there, as they might get a second GP spot now.

I do love M/G and I think they’ll have a great future, but not yet. They’ll have to smoothen the edges a bit. B/K is currently ahead of them on pretty much all levels. P/K are also a bit more experienced int the senior world.

LRK

Record Breaker
So Mishina/Galliamov are about to knock Tarasova/Morozov off the Russian top spot now? How long before starla16 starts prognostinating that they will be the 2020 world champions?

Note: No offence to M/G or their other fans - they aren't the ones writing this stuff. starla16 is an apparent believer in "if you write it often enough, it will make it so."

ETA - Also, overhyping your Favourite isn't the best way to show your support. If I, for example, went about making similar claims for Boikova/Kozlovskii, that would bring out posters pointing out their shortcomings and why they aren't ready to be Russia No 1 yet. Also, by starla16's standards, if M/G do NOT beat T/M they will be a disappointment, no matter how successful their season is, because that is, according to starla16, what they are "expected" to do. Thankfully, no one else is likely to believe it, so whatever success M/G have, will hopefully be celebrated as it ought, instead of holding them to some fanciful standard.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

So we ave Tier A

Putting M/G over B/K (not to mention T/M)? Though I personally like them more than B/K (they're just more sympathetic to me, which is completely subjective) I have high doubts about such ranking in results. They will be glad if they become No. 3 in russian team, and that would require to be placed higher than S/N. And there are also P/K. Though I think that M/G have a bigger potential, I have to say that P/K surprised me in a very positive way at the test skates.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I mean, I'm a big M/G fan, but they have a lot of work ahead of them. If Z/E come back, they might even end up on fifth place in the least, and I'm not even taking into account the other pairs. They definitely have goods, but until they start competing we won't know where they're going to place.

Artemisa

Final Flight

So we ave Tier A

Well... I like Mishina/Galliamov ... but they would have to be perfect every time to be number 3 and hope the other 4 pairs fail and fail ... Tarasova/morozov have 2 great programs ( even with falls RF will send them) .. the 2 and the 3 will be between Zabijako / Enbert (if they have the same kind of performance than last year), Boikova / Kozlovski they have "something special" even if this year FS isn't from my taste ... Stolbova is a queen and every queen wants her throne ... If Rf needs to choose between Mishina or Stolbova I think they will choose Stolbova ...

I love every russian pair... why can't send all of them to worlds/euros and etc ...:drama:

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I don't know how anybody can rank B/K as "Tier B" and keep a straight face :eek:
"Tier B" pairs don't win Bronze medals at Europeans or place top 6 at the world championships in their first senior season.

Even if they aren't ready to beat T/M just yet they definitely rank as Tier A in Russia. And with the great improvements they made during the off season they definitely got the chance to go break higher internationally as well (especially if Z/E are out because that would rank them as the #2 team and earn them some politiking from the fed.).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

So we ave Tier A

Wow. What??? Stolbova and Klimov got back together - yay. Happy dance. they could be Russia no. 1. Whoo hooo. This is awesome news.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow. What??? Stolbova and Klimov got back together - yay. Happy dance. they could be Russia no. 1. Whoo hooo. This is awesome news.

I pointed the mistake out two posts below starla’s original, as I found it a wee bit ignorant. ;)

NAOTMAA

Medalist
At Worlds 2019, Boikova/Kozlovskii were 5.52 points behind Peng/Jin in the short program. So they have moved up on one of their biggest international competition.

And last year P/J were contending for the world podium (their SP score had them in 3rd). Considering the competition was on Peng/Jin's own home turf and nobody made any errors to be behind only .19 is pretty fantastic. In the eyes of the judges they really have moved up :agree: