2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

lutzlover

On the Ice
Does anyone know if Ashley Lin is skating for China now? She was at a club competition in China a few days ago.

natsulian

Final Flight
US Ladies Representing China:
- Ashley Lin, she will have to wait one more season due to the rules
- Beverly Zhu (Yi Zhu), she already has a Grand Prix event (Cup of China)
- Emily Zhang
- Angel Li, I’m not sure about her situation at the moment

Other Ladies Representing Different Nations:
- Emmy Ma, she will be representing Taiwan
- Angelina Huang, she will also be representing Taiwan

Best of luck to them.

andromache

Record Breaker
Of the skaters who have changed countries recently, I think Angelina Huang is my biggest bummer. I remember watching a JGP with her and her skating was beautiful...but her jumps were extremely rocky.

Ashley Lin was also very impressive at a senior B last season, IIRC. Still, all of these girls are ones who have never really had a great shot to make World or Olympic teams, or even to receive GP events. I'm glad they're finding new opportunities abroad. In turn, I hope that the addition of the former US ladies to the Chinese and Taiwanese teams will turn into long-term investments at the lower levels of the sport in those countries.

oly2018

Final Flight
I'm sad that Emmy Ma won't be at US nationals. She's a stunning skater and my favorite underdog to root for. But, hopefully this switch means she will get more assignments and maybe funding...

frida80

Record Breaker
- Emily Zhang

Best of luck to them.

Actually, Ashley will Ben able to compete internationally one year after her last competition with USA. I think that was in mid November. So I think she’ll be able to go to 4CC, since she already has the senior mins.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
- Emily Zhang

Best of luck to them.

I know USFS may not care much about this exodus and at least some of it was expected since we're coming up on Beijing 2022, but it's a real shame to have this many leaving.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… Ashley Lin was also very impressive at a senior B last season, IIRC. Still, all of these girls are ones who have never really had a great shot to make World or Olympic teams, or even to receive GP events. ...

IMO, you are underestimating Ashley Lin.

At the very least, I think her chances for the GP as a member of Team USA would have been good. (If[?] not in 2019-20, then in a future season.)
Of the Team USA ladies, Ashley had the fourth highest ISU SB for 2018-19 (which for her was only a partial season).
Tennell, Bell, Cui were (well) above Ashley on the list.
Hicks, Andrews, Wessenberg were below Ashley on the list. (And not by tiny margins.)

… Cannon Texas Open
- Hanna Harrell 182.50

Do you have full results (sp score, fp score, protocols)?

For protocols, I suggest that you keep an eye on the club's page, which at the moment says, "2019 Results will be posted as soon as possible."
For 2018, the club did publish protocols in the zip files … so perhaps it will do the same for 2019.

The results sheet posted by icedancecom shows Hanna's SP score of 61.22 along with her TES and PCS.

p.s. Have I mentioned before that I love wombats :luv17:? Your username is one of my favorites.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
IMO, you are underestimating Ashley Lin.

At the very least, I think her chances for the GP as a member of Team USA would have been good. (If[?] not in 2019-20, then in a future season.)
Of the Team USA ladies, Ashley had the fourth highest ISU SB for 2018-19 (which for her was only a partial season).
Tennell, Bell, Cui were (well) above Ashley on the list.
Hicks, Andrews, Wessenberg were below Ashley on the list. (And not by tiny margins.)

For protocols, I suggest that you keep an eye on the club's page, which at the moment says, "2019 Results will be posted as soon as possible."
For 2018, the club did publish protocols in the zip files … so perhaps it will do the same for 2019.

The results sheet posted by icedancecom shows Hanna's SP score of 61.22 along with her TES and PCS.

p.s. Have I mentioned before that I love wombats :luv17:? Your username is one of my favorites.

Thank you! Wombats are one of my favorites (as are all marsupials), but unfortunately I've never seen one in person yet as I live in the US. The time will come though!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… For protocols, I suggest that you keep an eye on the club's page, which at the moment says, "2019 Results will be posted as soon as possible."
For 2018, the club did publish protocols in the zip files … so perhaps it will do the same for 2019. ...

Update to my own post: Links to 2019 Cannon Texas Open results now are on the club page.

But unlike last year, the zip files for this year do not include protocols, I regret to say.

Thank you! Wombats are one of my favorites (as are all marsupials), but unfortunately I've never seen one in person yet as I live in the US. The time will come though!

Dream scenario: save up for a big trip to attend 2021 Four Continents in Sydney -- and to see the wombats too.

natsulian

Final Flight
HUGE thank you to haribobo and Sylvia from F.S.U. for compiling this list.

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/u-s-ladies-26-bell-boots-and-camel.105458/post-5607788

SUMMER COMPETITION SCORES THUS FAR

SENIOR
1. Alysa Liu 214, Broadmoor
2. Hanna Harrell 182, Cannon
3. Karen Chen 171, Vail
4. Gabriella Izzo 169, Lake Placid
5. Starr Andrews 149, LA Open
6. Alyssa Rich 145, Broadmoor

TBD - Heidi Munger, Audrey Shin, Megan Wessenberg, Ting Cui, Courtney Hicks, Gracie Gold, Sonja Hilmer, Mariah Bell, Bradie Tennell

JUNIOR
* = in ISP

1. *Jessica Lin 164, Broadmoor
2. *Lindsay Thorngren 161, NACS (Novice)
3. Isabeau Levito 151, Broadmoor
4. Finley Hawk 151
5. Emma Coppress 149, L.A. Open
6. Elsa Cheng 147, NACS (Novice)

TBD - *Aubrey Ignacio P, Laura Jacobsen E, *Calista Choi M

NOTE - Despite Mia Kalin's score of 139, she has the highest TES of all the Junior ladies, but the lowest PCS.

Last edited by a moderator:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Some missing scores:

- Akari Nakahara 140.57 Los Angeles Open

- Emma Coppess 149.96 Los Angeles Open

- Mia Kalin 147.04 CCIA

Forgot to make note in my previous post that Stephanie Ciarochi placed second in Senior Ladies FS at Cannon. Good for her. :)

natsulian

Final Flight
Some missing scores:

- Akari Nakahara 140.57 Los Angeles Open

- Emma Coppess 149.96 Los Angeles Open

- Mia Kalin 147.04 CCIA

Forgot to make note in my previous post that Stephanie Ciarochi placed second in Senior Ladies FS at Cannon. Good for her. :)

Ahhh, thank you. Mia may not have the maturity of her peers, but she certainly has the most talent when it comes to jumps. I hope that she can develop her spins and footwork more.

skatenewbie

Medalist
They are competing for Chinese Taipei and signed up for its Nationals. We've known about Angelina Huang for quite a while. Just learned about Emmy, but it explains why her name came off the ISP.
does it mean Emmy can't compete internationally for a year? i think there is rules about that?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
does it mean Emmy can't compete internationally for a year? i think there is rules about that?

She didn't compete internationally last year so that isn't an issue for her. (The ISU rule is that you have to sit out a year from ISU competition). She does, however, need to be released from USFSA; and we don't know whether that has happened yet or not.

skatenewbie

Medalist
She didn't compete internationally last year so that isn't an issue for her. (The ISU rule is that you have to sit out a year from ISU competition). She does, however, need to be released from USFSA; and we don't know whether that has happened yet or not.
thanks for the explanation! If she did get released this would be a great opportunity for her to skate at 4CC/Worlds

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
thanks for the explanation! If she did get released this would be a great opportunity for her to skate at 4CC/Worlds

I think she'll get released if she has not been yet. (Other athletes with similar resumes have been). Just not sure about the timing. Also, while Emmy is a beautiful skater & does--I think--have the highest scoring ceiling of the ladies competing for Chinese Taipei; she also does actually have to get the job done. (She has a history of popping intermingled with her history of great skates). In 2018, Angelina Huang's score from Junior Nationals was higher than Emmy's from both U.S. Senior Nationals and Junior Worlds the same season.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why none (or very few) of the comps are posting full protocol info?

I think it has something to do with the National Qualifying Series scores needing to be recorded separately from scores for other skaters who were not participating in the series.

However, I am not clear about the details.

frida80

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why none (or very few) of the comps are posting full protocol info?

Protocols for club competitions are very rare. Many clubs don’t even post any results of their competitions online. If they do, they focus on placement rather than scores. For example, we were very lucky to get any protocols from Broadmore because they have never published anything but scores. I expect protocols for Glacier Falls, Skate Detroit and Philly Champs. Aside from that don’t expect much.