2019 Canadian Nationals: Ice Dance Pre-game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals: Ice Dance Pre-game Chat

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Why aren't Lajoie/Lagha skating in seniors? They seem more than ready.

If they choose to skate in seniors for Nationals, they have to put out a new RD or rework their RD to incorporate two sections of the Tango Romantica pattern. Then, they aim to hit the key points. To do that without skating it the whole season is a tough task. Plus for the free, they have to add 30 seconds, with another lift and choreo element. Too much work given that they are realitiscally aiming for Junior Worlds.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They also still have work to do on their current elements in preparation for Junior Worlds so it is good that they are focusing their efforts on the programs and elements they will need there. I would assume the goal is a medal there, and they will need everything they've got.

Roo87

Medalist
They also still have work to do on their current elements in preparation for Junior Worlds so it is good that they are focusing their efforts on the programs and elements they will need there. I would assume the goal is a medal there, and they will need everything they've got.

I see. Would love for them to medal, they're classic for getting 4th place and that must be frustrating for them.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I see. Would love for them to medal, they're classic for getting 4th place and that must be frustrating for them.

Yes, they deserve it, they have such great flow and seamless transitions into and out of their elements this year. But they have have been inconsistent with tech issues and need to work on cleaning up some things. Hopefully, we see them and the second team going to Junior Worlds have a strong showing. With the depth we have in Junior Ice Dance, Canada deserves to send a third team next year.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I see that S/F have gone back to last season's FD for the rest of the season... wonder if this will give them a better chance at bronze next week?

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I see that S/F have gone back to last season's FD for the rest of the season... wonder if this will give them a better chance at bronze next week?

I think it's a smart decision to put them more in their comfort zone, since F-B/S certainly will be in theirs.

oly2018

Final Flight
I do find S/F's old FD a bit juniorish, but the Weekend FD never clicked. It was definitely a more mature look, but they lacked the on ice chemistry it needed. I do think they are in the position of chasing for bronze this season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
S/F chose the wrong version of The Weeknd to skate to, a remix of DJ noodling. It wasn't an accessible program, unlike say the Brit's Disco Darlings. Last year's program is safer, but I'm not sure it's a wise move. This season is really about growing pains for them. And pretty much every team goes through that. They are just fortunate it's happening at that start of an Olympic cycle.