2024 Canadian National Skating Championships : Pre Game Chat | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian National Skating Championships : Pre Game Chat

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lajoie/Lagha missing is especially tough.

But I remind myself that I'm looking very forward to seeing Piper and Paul, Deanna and Max, Lia and Trennt. I have everything crossed that Maddie will finally put together two killer programs and that Roman will step up. Still plenty to look forward to.
I am with you on all of this. May they rise from the dark news.

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
Very much looking forward to watching our juniors today and tomorrow. I hope everybody skates to their full potential. Pairs and women will be particularly competitive - a really good sign for the future. FYI - As a promise to myself, I am only going to think positive thoughts this week about our sport.

And yes, junior events will be streamed by the CBC as well! Hurray - lets hope that the push by some political parties to defund the CBC doesnt halt its very good domestic coverage of the sport.

rain

Record Breaker
And yes, junior events will be streamed by the CBC as well! Hurray - lets hope that the push by some political parties to defund the CBC doesnt halt its very good domestic coverage of the sport.
Don't get me started on that political nonsense. Without our public broadcaster we would not have figure skating coverage, period. We'd be at the mercy of international streams. Our accessibility for watching is the envy of many in the world.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Streaming will be on this page https://skatecanada.ca/2024-canadian-national-skating-championships/#live-stream

Right now, there are archives of Challenge on there too if some of you are interested.

Junior Men SP is in about 3 hours. I will be going to work then so not able to watch but I plan to stream everything tonight !
@4everchan I am a bit confused about times. The schedule on the skate canada website says that Junior men start at 12 noon. I have had a look on the online time calculators and they say that Montreal is 5 hours behind the UK, which means that 12 noon Montreal time would be 5pm UK time (GMT) - so starting in 5 minutes. Do you have permanent summer time or something? I am confused at where my time conversion is going wrong?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@4everchan I am a bit confused about times. The schedule on the skate canada website says that Junior men start at 12 noon. I have had a look on the online time calculators and they say that Montreal is 5 hours behind the UK, which means that 12 noon Montreal time would be 5pm UK time (GMT) - so starting in 5 minutes. Do you have permanent summer time or something? I am confused at where my time conversion is going wrong?
I have put a "time in other places" in every thread.
The times listed on the Skate Canada website is not Eastern time (Montreal) but it is Mountain Standard Time (Calgary). So it starts in 2 hours !

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I have put a "time in other places" in every thread.
The times listed on the Skate Canada website is not Eastern time (Montreal) but it is Mountain Standard Time (Calgary). So it starts in 2 hours !
Ah, I thought it was being held in Montreal! That explains where the time calculation was going wrong. I wonder where I got Montreal from. 🤔 Challenge was in Winnipeg and 4 continents is in China. Thanks for your help. :)

Sackie

Medalist
Really hoping to see a lot of good skates this week and some big surprises. It is nice when the established skaters do well but it also is a big boost when someone comes through with a couple unexpected skates, like Fee Ann did at the Challenge. It is the unexpected results that keep the sport interesting.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ah, I thought it was being held in Montreal! That explains where the time calculation was going wrong. I wonder where I got Montreal from. 🤔 Challenge was in Winnipeg and 4 continents is in China. Thanks for your help. :)
Because of Montreal worlds :) maybe ?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ok guys... this really sucks but I am leaving for work now... minutes before it all starts with junior men SP... please enjoy and cheer extra hard for me.... my local fave Liam Schmidt :) my fave David Howes ...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, our weather is horrible, with windchill in minus forties by tomorrow so we will definitely skip tomorrow afternoon, given it has opening ceremony and synchronized skating included in the afternoon ticket. We'll see about Saturday, but I hope we can make it if my husband agrees to drop us off and pick us up.