2019 Junior Worlds Live Reports and Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Live Reports and Practice Reports

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Eek [emoji51] do you know what jump it was? Maybe 4S as that’s a new one for him?

No afraid not, I didn't see the jump, just him on the ice. I think he's fine though. I'll be at practice in time to see Gummenik so I'll update you, but no cause for worry!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you for the pictures and reports Tabsey!!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So it's now 7.40 am in Zagreb. I'm having breakfast at the hostel, then heading to the rink in time for Gummenik and Gogolev's practice. Then I'll probably be in and around the rink for the next 14 hours :laugh:

Let me know if you want any updates on any skaters in particular! Only the men are practicing at the main rink today, but obviously it's then the SP for them and pairs :biggrin:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
You know it's going to be a good morning when you've already walked past Anastasia Mishina, Polina K and Artur Danielian on the way to the rink! Nastia and Polina chatting and laughing, looking calm, Artur looking focused with headphones.

Now at the rink, so more updates to come!

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
You know it's going to be a good morning when you've already walked past Anastasia Mishina, Polina K and Artur Danielian on the way to the rink! Nastia and Polina chatting and laughing, looking calm, Artur looking focused with headphones.

Now at the rink, so more updates to come!

I’m sooo envious of you right now [emoji23] currently 9pm where I am and I’m trying to decide if I’ll get up at 3am to watch Mens [emoji23]

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
So it's now 7.40 am in Zagreb. I'm having breakfast at the hostel, then heading to the rink in time for Gummenik and Gogolev's practice. Then I'll probably be in and around the rink for the next 14 hours :laugh:

Let me know if you want any updates on any skaters in particular! Only the men are practicing at the main rink today, but obviously it's then the SP for them and pairs :biggrin:

Gumennik and Danielyan!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh, interesting thing from yesterday. I don't know if they do this at every competition (I didn't notice it at IdF) but they were testing out the graphics and technology for when skaters scores come up. But they were doing it, with actual TES and PCS scores, for skaters currently on the practice ice. So by the end, there was a completely fictional, but realistic looking, leader board. A bit upsetting for the skaters who get put near the bottom, even if the scores are made up!

This is an example from the start:

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_170807.jpg
    IMG_20190305_170807.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 51

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Gummenik and Gogolev are on the ice now! Everyone looks fine, no signs of injury. But everyone's just warming up, not really jumping yet.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Gummenik run through good. All jumps solid. 3A probably the weakest of the 3 passes. Skipped some choreography, but love the StSq.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Gogolev run through fine. All jumps looked solid, combo a little small. But looking strong for today!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
On the ice right now: crazy talent. Koshiro, Danielian, Joseph P!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Danielian okay, a little shaky. Redid the combo. But looking decent.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Koshiro jumps shaky during run-through, but did a fantastic combo during Joseph's music

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Joseph, jumping well during practice. Jumping less well during his own run-through. He's got great flow and speed on the ice. And he has a fantastic scratch spin - the speed is generated out of nothing!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
How do Alex K, Tomoki H and Camden P look? Are they there?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
:thank: tabsy for all the reports, and may I ask if you remember Younghyun? In a white shirt with blue ombre, music is (admittedly not the best cut of) Billy Elliott

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
:thank: tabsy for all the reports, and may I ask if you remember Younghyun? In a white shirt with blue ombre, music is (admittedly not the best cut of) Billy Elliott

Ichatdelune, unfortunately not! I arrived for the next group, so I did watch Sihyeong. But Younghyun was sat near us for about 10 minutes yesterday!