2019 Worlds: Pairs' Pregame Chat | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds: Pairs' Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I will be cheering for the Brits and Zoe. I think she is over 40 or at least 40. Quite an accomplishment. It is a good thing she isn't against the 15 and 16 year olds in singles who could be her daughter.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why no Harley and Katia? I hope they're not injured or broken up as a pair! I really like them!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PAIRS TECH PANEL

RefereeBeth CRANECAN
Tech ControllerKerstin KIMMINUSGER
Tech SpecTroy GOLDSTEINUSA
Asst Tech SpecSoltan KOKOEVRUS

Nika09

On the Ice
I don't think I'm strong enough person to watch Wenjing Sui going for sbs jumps after all :slink:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Most curious how the Americans will do - can they beat the Canadians - MTM-M. The American bigwigs said the goal was to beat/match the top Canadian team essentially. .

That USA "bigwig" reportedly said that many months ago, when the Knierims were expected to be the US standard-bearers.

A lot will depend on how the Italians and Peng and Jin do I guess. Ithought the Russians Z and E were coming back from injury too. Is it possible the Americans could place as high as fourth? Though probably unlikely.

Please remember that Ashley and Tim are competing at Worlds for the first time this week.

The Knierims have been to Worlds 5 times since 2012-13 season. The chance to be viewed at Worlds year after year does a lot to promote a team's reputation. Note, I'm not saying the K's should have been sent. Not at all.

I look at this as Ashley and Tim building even more credibility with international judges, as they've done brilliantly over this season, with their quiet, steady progress, particularly in the quality of their Pairs Elements.

Go Ashley and Tim !!! :love: :hap10: I'm hoping for two skates that they'll be happy with. (And of course, fingers crossed for a Top Ten finish!)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes, and it's even more frustrating that everybody knew only 3 french pairs had registered. They skated, thought they reached the minima, and some weeks after realized it hasn't count. French Fed asked for a derogation for Euros, which has been refused. At this time it was probably too late to send Hamon/Strekalyn and Mendoza/Kovalev to another competition, and now Strekalyn is injured and for Mendoza/Kovalev we don't know (unfortunately they are often injured too - and often snubbed by French Fed too).
One more topic to add to the French Fed's amateurism trial, after the announcement of a fake GP final in France and - it's still the worst they did IMO - when they forgot to register a speed skating athlete to 2014 Olympics :drama:

Funny, the level of my sympathy for the French Fed may show up in the positive any millennium now.

But probably not.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It's gonna be a very early start for me tomorrow, but I wouldn't want to miss it for the world!!!
I'm still expecting Sui/Han to put up a fight, but J/C seem totally determined. I personally hope to see T/M on the podium, maybe Nina Mozer has worked a bit of magic since she stepped in. Z/E were out for a long time, won't be easy for them. All the best to B/K, what an exciting pair!!! Of course, I'm also shouting for the international Mozer teams, DM/G and C/L. Having said that, Peng/Jin and MT/M can always throw a spanner in the works....

Best of luck to all!!!! :cheer:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Harley's foot injury hasn't healed yet, that's all.

Phew that's a relief! Poor Harley though, I hope it heals soon.

In other news I'll be crossing everything for T/M! While I'll enjoy all the pairs, they're my favourites and I want them to have a great competition and get some confidence back :)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I hope Wenjing is quite okay, I would hate to see her further injure herself :( they are my no. 1 now that Aljona&Bruno are not competing :(

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Phew that's a relief! Poor Harley though, I hope it heals soon.

In other news I'll be crossing everything for T/M! While I'll enjoy all the pairs, they're my favourites and I want them to have a great competition and get some confidence back :)

I have been following the Aussies. It is unfortunate about the injury but I get a sense they will come back stronger than ever and hungrier.

Part of me is cheering for T and M too. I feel like they are the unwanted or forgotten team. Granted their struggles not only with consistency but getting the right program has been frustrating and annoying. they need to do what they do best - maybe that is problem what is that. Look at the French ID team. Their freedances are legendary but definitely look similar in vibe and all Maybe it isn't so bad to be a "one trick pony". Not everyone can be a Virtue and Moir who had such range.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Go World! Go Sui and Han...skate clean...no injuries...I told Ashley she wasnt allowed to injure herself...she has a good attitude...love you guys...

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
I’m also cheering for T/M. It does feel like they are the forgotten or unwanted team this season. I really hope they can put down two clean skates to end the season on a high note and regain their confidence heading into next season.

Country
Russia
Pairs in order of season best.
In () - other best only if no ISU season best.
1 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 225.66
2 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 220.25
3 Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN 216.90
4 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS 214.14
5 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 211.11
6 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN 211.05
7 Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII RUS 205.28
8 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 205.14
9 Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC USA 196.82
10 Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM PRK 187.95
11 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT 187.01
12 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT GER 180.56
13 Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD CAN 172.53
14 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA 163.74
15 Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER 160.47
16 Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP 160.16
17 Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU CRO 151.89
18 Hanna ABRAZHEVICH / Martin BIDAR CZE (150.89)
19 Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR 138.85

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Putting my reminder post up here now as the SP thread isn't open yet, and I am going to bed now :bed:

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the Eurovision Sports website (if it is streaming it):
https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/figure-skating/live.html?id=7

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player (starts in 4h 30m from now):
XXXX

Unfortunately, none of the Short Programmes are being shown LIVE on Eurosport's linear channels. :disapp:

HOWEVER, there will be highlights of the Pairs SP straight after the LIVE coverage of the Ladies SP finishes.

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 2 highlights on the Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/channel/e2br

Here is the Time Schedule of the Pairs SP:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wc2019/time0303.pdf

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wc2019/data0303.htm

Hope this helps.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

LaArdilla

Medalist
This is so exciting! I'm going to wake up around 4:10 am for S/H and the last two groups :coffee: However, there is a Zamboni break after S/H and I have no idea how I will stay awake... Looking at moving Zambonis is very sleep-inducing, in my case... :bed:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it's in the middle of the night for me :( so i wish safe skates to everyone and good luck to my beloved peng/jin and zabiiako/enbert:hap10:

Status
Not open for further replies.