2020-21 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

bonita

Final Flight
Nathan mentioned Jason‘s Team USA spirit briefly in this new interview

Chen's goal is to show his teammates how enjoyable team events can be – especially with some help from fellow veteran Brown.

"I think that Jason's going to bring the show and the Team USA spirit, which he always does, which I love," Chen said. "I'm just going to enjoy myself and hopefully people seeing me enjoy myself will help them enjoy themselves as well."

el henry

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan knows his teammate well. :)

Jason is already playing the hype man for WTT:

"Avengers…. Assemble! 🇺🇸 Love this team, love this event... Proud to be team captain! Let’s go USA! #WTTFigure
アベンジャーズ……集まれ!このチームも、このイベントも大好き!チームキャプテンである事を誇りに思います。チームUSA、がんばろう! #WTTFigure #みんなの健康第一"

(Japanese in the original, Jason usually posts in both languages when he can. ETA: Graphic added, in case you don't feel like clicking:biggrin:)

Attachments

• Jason.jpg
    Jason.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Nathan knows his teammate well. :)

Jason is already playing the hype man for WTT:

"Avengers…. Assemble! 🇺🇸 Love this team, love this event... Proud to be team captain! Let’s go USA! #WTTFigure
アベンジャーズ……集まれ!このチームも、このイベントも大好き!チームキャプテンである事を誇りに思います。チームUSA、がんばろう! #WTTFigure #みんなの健康第一"

(Japanese in the original, Jason usually posts in both languages when he can. ETA: Graphic added, in case you don't feel like clicking:biggrin:)
I love how excited the skaters are for this event. I think it will be fun for them to see the skaters from the other countries in this more relaxed setting. I can hardly wait to see the programs again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This is kind of off topic but, is Emmanuel Savary still skating? I feel like I haven't seen him all season.

Emmanuel Savary competed at least twice in the 2020-21 season.
He placed fifth in the virtual Peggy Fleming Trophy. Video is on USFS Fan Zone.
And eleventh in U.S. Championship Series. Video is on Peacock Premium. (Top nine advanced to U.S. Nats.)

As a U.S. man, Emmanuel is on topic for this thread.
I hope/believe that he still is skating. IIRC/AFAIK, he has said nothing to indicate otherwise.

(BTW, I have been meaning to mention that Emmanuel apparently was a skating double for Happiest Season, a holiday movie 🎬🌲🎀 that was new on Hulu in late 2020.)

Good luck to Team USA at WTT. 🇺🇸

ETA:

Max Naumov's quad toe:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNay1Z3gDl3/ (Apr 8)​

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Emmanuel Savary competed at least twice in the 2020-21 season.
He placed fifth in the virtual Peggy Fleming Trophy. Video is on USFS Fan Zone.
And eleventh in U.S. Championship Series. Video is on Peacock Premium. (Top nine advanced to U.S. Nats.)

As a U.S. man, Emmanuel is on topic for this thread.
I hope/believe that he still is skating. IIRC/AFAIK, he has said nothing to indicate otherwise.

(BTW, I have been meaning to mention that Emmanuel apparently was a skating double for Happiest Season, a holiday movie 🎬🌲🎀 that was new on Hulu in late 2020.)

Good luck to Team USA at WTT. 🇺🇸
Is Vincent on the team??

el henry

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I almost made this its own thread, but I am verkelmpt and not just because I am a Jason fan. I think this post will be worth the read for anyone.

Part one:

Jason donated his stuffies to Ronald McDonald House. He visits the local RMDH in whatever country he is to donate the stuffies. After NHK 2019, he visited RMDH and the video shows him joking with this young boy in a wheelchair:

(Jason speaks some Japanese and uses the same "Dad joke" whenever he visits a Japanese RMDH. He asks the kid how old they are, they say "five", and Jason says, really, I'm five.😄 The kids seem to get a kick out of it).

Part two

After Four Continents, the boy is taking steps out of the wheelchair. :clap: Ronald McDonald House tweets a video to Jason,

And Jason answers
So proud of U! [In Japanese, Twitter autotranslate Thank you for your support and video. You are wonderful You have given me a lot of inspiration...."

Part three

The boy is now skating! And RMDH Sapporo sends a video to Jason:

"I always cheer WTT Figure. I’d like to skate with u someday. Sincerely,A."

This boy became your fan due to your cheer when he was in a hospital. He had been hospitalized for two years due to hip joint disease, but discharged and now he has been practicing skating since January.

My heart 😭 💙 😭 I am sure once Jason sees it, he will have an appropriate reply. In fact, I would bet money when it is safe to do so, young A. will skate with Jason.

Last edited: