2020 Budapest Trophy: Ladies' Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020 Budapest Trophy: Ladies' Free Skate

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
She looks so strong.. Well, a pop on the lutz

more knee sliding so it's still a thing this season...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This was a nice top flight of accomplished skaters.

A pity the picture was often fuzzy and even blurry.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congrats for the gold Loena. Where has she trained? Wasn't Belgium pretty much locked down for several months?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
oh odd, the stream was perfect for me... and I just watched the 360p quality
That's it, on the small screen of a mobile device, it doesn't show, but on a 65" TV it does.

But lets's not complain about quality skating brought to us for free.

Congrats to the medalist and all the participants a safe journey home.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Loena: Unusual music cut/mix, but it showed off her interpretation nicely. Earned her PCS

Eva-Lotta: the slo-mo showed very clean technique on jumps. I see great GOE potential for her
I liked very much what Eva-Lotta showed, but tbh. her connection to the music could have been a bit more sensual. For Rachmaninov it was not quite enough. She could improve there too.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Looking at your user name, I want to ask: Did I in fact see very clean edges on both Lutz and Flip? That would be exceptional these days.
On interpretation, I do not disagree, but I hope it may have been down to a bit of fatigue with room to develop. I have enjoyed her expression more on other performances.
Well, for a skater the Rach 2 adagio is surely not the easiest music to interpret. I'm not sure if she was fatigued or rather focused to get the tech right. Regarding my nickname, it's meant satirically and I'm actually not much of a tech purist, but I checked the video and her edges seemed fine indeed. However, I would have preferred her to flutz the lutz rather than pop the axel.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congrats to Loena! She's definitely back. Now she just needs to stay uninjured and healthy for the rest of this strange season...

A shame that Ivett doesn't seem to be over her injury yet, but all the respect for her guts and determination in getting her program out anyway.

Country
Norway
I have rewatched the ladies event, and so many lovely performance in the last group. I´m sad Dasa again missed the minimum for WC in the FS, but she made too many small mistakes. But it was the first comp and she looked ok with the result. And she was top 5! Interesting program as well.

I also wished Ivett would do better, but if she has a injury she was really brave. And I liked the FS very much!

Watching Eva-Lottas performance was really great, she floats over the ice and she has really become a better performer. Small mistakes, but she didn´t let it get in the way of the program.

Loenas FS was such a nice surprise. I wasn´t really fond of the choice of Fever, but this version and the choreo was really cool - and this could easily be one of my favourite program this season. The FS wasn´t as error-free as the SP, but she can be very proud of what she achieved and it was so nice that she got the last spot for IdF!