2020 Christmas Card Exchange | Golden Skate

2020 Christmas Card Exchange

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi everyone!

This is just to let you know that the Christmas Card Exchange is now open for 2020! What a dismal year, right? Perhaps some cards from all over the world will cheer you up a bit in the upcoming weeks.

If you are interested, just go to the URL below and sign up!

Please take care of yourselves, stay healthy, and try to find something to keep you positive during this chaotic time.

Sincerely,

Paula

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m so excited. This is one of my favorite things of the year (and the only one that hasn’t been cancelled). For those who are on the fence about participating, I have sent and gotten cards from around the world and even made RL friends! Highly recommended!

statmam

On the Ice
Woohoo! The holiday season has arrived with the first Christmas card. Thank you, Paula. For both the card and for your work in compiling the list. Such a welcome diversion. My card-writing station is all set up. I intend to work on the overseas cards this weekend. Then the cards for Canada. Then the U.S.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yipee! My first card! Thank you Paula. I am starting to write my cards tomorrow! ^^^anonymoose, I still have the koala postcard you sent me last year sitting on my desk and smile everyday when I look at it! :biggrin:

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Had to rebuild computer (screen and card went "poof") so I am behind. Received 4 as of yesterday and am responding accordingly currently. Really was nice to get some mail that gave a good feeling.

Yossalu

On the Ice
I ordered international stamps in early November but after they got lost in the mail the postal service (eventually) agreed to send me a new set. That package was supposed to show up yesterday but it looks like it's delayed and won't arrive today, either. So I apologize to everyone outside of the USA who will probably be getting cards from me in April at this rate.

And now that I'm done venting, a big thank you to everyone for the lovely cards this year! They meant so much to me last year after losing my mother and I'm glad to continue the tradition in a crazy year like this.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So many beautiful cards!! It is a delight when one appears and is added to my Christmas display... :thank: so much everyone!!

statmam

On the Ice
I ordered international stamps in early November but after they got lost in the mail the postal service (eventually) agreed to send me a new set. That package was supposed to show up yesterday but it looks like it's delayed and won't arrive today, either. So I apologize to everyone outside of the USA who will probably be getting cards from me in April at this rate.
How very frustrating. But I am kind of laughing at the irony of the post office losing an order of stamps. Thanks for persevering!

statmam

On the Ice
So many beautiful cards!! It is a delight when one appears and is added to my Christmas display... :thank: so much everyone!!
I hope you will post a picture of your display again (as you did last year). Mine are currently in a basket which is fun to sort through but not very decorative. IIRC you had yours set off with twinkle lights on a mantle, and someone else strung theirs on the wall. I definitely need to up my game.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope you will post a picture of your display again (as you did last year). Mine are currently in a basket which is fun to sort through but not very decorative. IIRC you had yours set off with twinkle lights on a mantle, and someone else strung theirs on the wall. I definitely need to up my game.
Thank you.. Looks the same as last year.. twinkle lights are just copper wire with pinpoint lights on batteries and are there all year because they stay on in a power failure which happens a lot here! I just add the cards at Christmas. That and the door wreath are the only decorations because there are too many pets here..:biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you to everyone who's sent a Christmas card! After not getting any for some days 2 showed up in the mailbox on Thursday :biggrin:

Hopefully the one's I've sent will arrive sometime before Easter, the post is slow in Aussieland.