2020 Skate America: Pairs' FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: Pairs' FS

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did think Tara & Danny had a better twist lift today, I still do not like the cheesy somersault into a throw. It always seems choreographically jarring, no matter what music accompanies the movement.

Lissy

Medalist
Ashley's brunette hair is growing on me. I would love to see some highlights to make it not look so obviously dyed but I think the shade is really flattering on her

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The skirt on Ashley's dress is very flattering.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ashley's brunette hair is growing on me. I would love to see some highlights to make it not look so obviously dyed but I think the shade is really flattering on her
IIRC she's naturally a brunette, so....

Lissy

Medalist
IIRC she's naturally a brunette, so....
Yup! But you can always tell when hair is dyed when it is all the same shade. Natural hair color has dimension and covered up her longtime blonde (fake but still pretty) with dye

rain

Record Breaker
Pretty good skate for Ashley and Tim. That end position though — no, never do that again, please.

I feel like they need to just spend a few weeks experimenting with different lifts that will work with their height, rather than looking ponderous.

Those triple loops don't seem to work that well for them. Either there's a fall or a stumble or they're given an underrotation. Maybe time to go to an easier triple?