2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

Apple1078

On the Ice
They look great! Much better than I thought they would! Great throw! And I loved the costumes lol.

gold12345

Medalist

It's great to see Vanessa and Eric skating again. Say what you will about how the partnership came to be, but I like seeing this type of longevity in figure skating that is mostly absent from the singles disciplines.

They are a nice physical match and their spin synchronization was good for a new pair. Their twist and throws are on the small side, and maybe that can improve with time. The twist has never really been Eric's thing, but they're getting through it. The death spiral is a work in progress. They are doing well for August, especially since they've both been out of competition for a while now. He went from a very short partner to a partner several inches taller, which takes plenty of adjustment, but he seems to be handling it fine.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
i know he is now skating for the PHI but gosh i love watching Edrian Celestino . <3

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
gabby and vero topped the group of 16 skaters for the Senior SP today... however, from looking at protocols, not great skates.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Vero is including the harder triples again ! DIdn't succeed to land everything but I see progress.

Gabby was thrilled with her performance with fist pumps etc. Some shaky landings but this is the best we have seen from Gabby in a long time.

Gabby's FP score : 122.26. Total 178.20.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Pairs : James Radford didn't skate the LP. Stellato Deschamps took it home miles ahead of Matte Ferland

Balloon

Rinkside
I hope J/R long is a little more exciting, I thought she shined. Maybe with all the hype Of this team made expect more.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
I hope J/R long is a little more exciting, I thought she shined. Maybe with all the hype Of this team made expect more.
totally agree... they look great. i see a clear style... but i was not mesmerized... i am not sure yet if great lines and fluidity can make up for the energy and technical excitement that made D/R world champions

abbykitty

Rinkside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEzlY7Eoq70

Nice to see Gabby performing well again and back on the right track...best skate I've seen from her in a while. She had speed, energy and excitement, and didn't give up on her program when the jumps weren't quite there. This should bode well for her confidence, and she seems hungry for that Olympic spot.

With Kaiya and Madeline looking strong, and Alison and Emily still in the mix, Nationals just got a lot more interesting. The fight for the Olympic/World spot is gonna be a bloodbath.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
+ comeback girls (from injury) Veronik and Alicia and perhaps Aurora...

I was pleasantly surprised to see Veronik attempt a triple lutz today. She hadn't tried one of those in YEARS

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
The scores for the first Skate Ontario performance opportunity are up. Looks like a pretty rough outing for everybody (other than the ice dancers).

a 150 FP for Conrad is not bad at all... it seems like he triples his quad sal in both the sp and fp... but he did land two quad toes and 3as in his FP.... but yeah... for the rest... low scores. I mean, gabby did much better at championnats.

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
i have asked in the fan fest... in case anyone knows anything there.. but where is Joseph??? he is quiet on instagram... not competing in either Quebec or Ontario.. I hope he is healthy and happy.

haribobo

On the Ice
Senior standings (top scores) after Ontario (delayed July event), Quebec SS, Wild Rose, BC/YK Victoria Day

CAN SR MEN FS/TOTAL
Wesley Chiu 149/223
Conrad Orzel 150/214
Bennet Toman 131/196
Samuel Angers 121/184
Alistair Lam 109/180
Marek Ramilison 115/174

CAN SR LADIES FS/TOTAL
Gabrielle Daleman 122/178
Camille Perreault 97/146
Veronik Mallet 94/146
Alison Schumacher 89/142