2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

ashleyming

On the Ice
"The CHANpion" Patrick and Andi Petrillo as event hosts and special analysts of Skate Canada International 2021. 😊 Home-coming day for the old gang and and a great start for our competitors, especially Keegan. ❤
Keegan is third after the SP, with a highly chance on the final podium as well. 😊 Hope Roman and Conrad will get better in the FS, there are still rooms for improvement out there!

BearryBear

On the Ice
Country
Canada
For those who watched, how did Kevin do commentating?

I really like his commenting. This is the second event I’ve head him do commentary for and I think he did well both times. He is very well spoken and his insights are actually useful, he seems to know how to balance being critical while staying positive. I hope he becomes a regular for commentary.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has Patrick Chan ever mentioned that he'd go into judging at some point in his career? He'd be an amazing tech caller and he knows skating skills like no other.

ashleyming

On the Ice
Has Patrick Chan ever mentioned that he'd go into judging at some point in his career? He'd be an amazing tech caller and he knows skating skills like no other.
I think he is suitable for in-venue analysts and hosting events. To be an analyst to a host is not a given to many, but he was a natural, very very smooth, like himself on ice, tbh. ☺
P.s: gosh! Have just realised that Patrick is the current record holder of the most winners in the men event at Skate Canada International. 🤔

Last edited:

ashleyming

On the Ice
he would be good but why would he do that? he is more useful teaching IMHO :) or selling real estate LOL
Oh I just have to say that Patrick is really a gentleman at SCI 2021. 😂 According to what I've heard, many spectators at the event had waited in long lines to meet him today and he was so patient and friendly chatting with each person. 🤣
On the other hand, things went wrong for Chiddy in the post-competitive commentary section after the ladies' SP. For some random damn reason, his microphone did not work 😂, so Ted had to interupt Patrick's section before letting Kaetlyn and Elladj handle the other sections.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh I just have to say that Patrick is really a gentleman at SCI 2021. 😂 According to what I've heard, many spectators at the event had waited in long lines to meet him today and he was so patient and friendly chatting with each person. 🤣
On the other hand, thing went wrong for Chiddy in the post-competitive commentary section after the ladies' SP. For some random damn reason, his microphone did not work 😂, so Ted had to interupt Patrick's section before letting Kaetlyn and Elladj handle the other sections.
yeah. as i said in another thread, do not worry guys... patrick and I are on the phone chatting about this and that ;) (that's why his mike is on mute LOL)

ashleyming

On the Ice
yeah. as i said in another thread, do not worry guys... patrick and I are on the phone chatting about this and that ;)
Oh yeah! Just came across this tweet. 😌 The old gang is back again! Tessa, Meagan along with Kurt, and Patrick joining from Vancouver as well!!
P.s: Bring back the sweet Kaetlyn and we will have a dream team ver.2, lol.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looks like Megan changed her hair again. Is Patrick selling real estate? Kaetlyn wanted to get into journalism. It is sad that there isn't much out there in respect to pro skating/shows for these wonderful skaters. It seems like Tessa and Megan are partnerless and I hav eno idea if Patrick even skates any more. But I wish them well. I thought Kaitlyn Weaver was doing some stuff as well. It is nice that Balde and others have chances to do stuff even though they weren't world medal level.

Nice wo rk so far.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Keegan Messing could have a nice shot at picking up a medal at Skate Canada.
It would be great to see him medal. I love his skating I know he isn't classical in style and he has kind of an Elvis S. personality but his skating skills are actually very good. I do think he needs some work on packaging (costumes his pants are too baggy and its fine not to have sparkle or feathers but something that shows up on the ice.) and watch those levels. I feel most for Roman S The pressure he must be under after having a bad skate at Nebelhorn and barely earning the second spot. I hope he can build himself up. Roman is another Patrick Chan or Jason Brown - extraordinary skating skills . He just needs to consistently land the jumps. When on that 4S is gorgeous. If he was clean he could even challenge for a bronze medal come worlds or olympics. I might suggest a more vibrant color or something that at least shows up with his skin color for the free skate. It isn't the most important but the right color adds some presence and power for lack of words to reaching out to the audience. the pink is kind of muted and gets lost with his skin - actually it doesn't complement or cpliment his skin color. So an electric blue or something. I am not ure if he was goign for a more dreamy ehteral look then other colors ie a gradiated blue or purple or garnet even.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
We need to give credit to Conrad, Roman and Keegan - they tried. Keegan looks like the leader for a spot. Conrad may have a shot along with Roman and Nam for the other spot. I hope Keegan can some good training in. A newborn is a lot of work and I believe he said from FInlandia he felt a bit out of shape so I hope he can get some good training in.

ashleyming

On the Ice
Not a happy ending for the Canadian men in a home game, and I know that everyone is not happy too (even me). But at least they have tried. ☺

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Madeline S. is really nice to watch, I see potential that I unfortunately don't see from the other Canadian women. Maybe they don't have enough ice time? Or they have other interests outside of skating so they aren't at the rink 6 days a week? It's disappointing seeing them falter constantly. But they have some good qualities.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Madeline S. is really nice to watch, I see potential that I unfortunately don't see from the other Canadian women. Maybe they don't have enough ice time? Or they have other interests outside of skating so they aren't at the rink 6 days a week? It's disappointing seeing them falter constantly. But they have some good qualities.
i don't think they lack commitment ... yes there was the pandemic... but training has resumed. Emily has improved a lot but she will need a lot more time to get to a better level in basic skating. Allison is struggling and doesn't seem to be improving. Madeline didn't perform her best event this week but still did quite well and is very enjoyable to watch. I am not too worried about the women :there is one spot and i would be very surprised if Madeline doesn't get it. I am more worried about Roman Keegan and Nam.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looks like Megan changed her hair again. Is Patrick selling real estate? Kaetlyn wanted to get into journalism. It is sad that there isn't much out there in respect to pro skating/shows for these wonderful skaters. It seems like Tessa and Megan are partnerless and I hav eno idea if Patrick even skates any more. But I wish them well. I thought Kaitlyn Weaver was doing some stuff as well. It is nice that Balde and others have chances to do stuff even though they weren't world medal level.

Nice wo rk so far.
I'm pretty sure Megan had arranged to skate with Dylan Moscovitch (sp?) in Stars on Ice. Unfortunately it was postponed (again). I hope they will skate together in it when it finally happens.

ashleyming

On the Ice
i don't think they lack commitment ... yes there was the pandemic... but training has resumed. Emily has improved a lot but she will need a lot more time to get to a better level in basic skating. Allison is struggling and doesn't seem to be improving. Madeline didn't perform her best event this week but still did quite well and is very enjoyable to watch. I am not too worried about the women :there is one spot and i would be very surprised if Madeline doesn't get it. I am more worried about Roman Keegan and Nam.
I have to say that all the men are very questionable. Recently, whenever Keegan does a great job in the SP, he would mostly melt down in the FS, which is hard to understand. For Nam, well... he himself has admitted that he was nearly done with competing, so just hope he could enjoy everything. And Roman, I have no words to say for the reigning national champion, he surely needs time to improve so many things. Back to 2020 when he won the National title, everyone set Roman up too much, even calling him by the term "a complete package", which created so much pressure on the boy. Seriously, we need to stop labelling the skaters before they actually win something internationally. :pray::pray::pray:

Last edited: