2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

Tavi...

Record Breaker
They didn't. Knierim/ Frasier had to submit a video to the ISU to get the minimum TES even though they participated in Skate America. He would need to be sent to a senior competition this year to get the minimums. I believe USFS will send him. I don't see him as a likely Olympian, but he could be sent to 4CC or Worlds.

Thanks for clarifying! I’m sure he’ll have no problem getting the minimums and I agree it’s likely he’ll be sent to get them.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, if Ilia wants to scoop a 4CC spot, the point remains the same, but he will need to look at going before US Nationals - which means before the end of the year. There simply won't be time afterwards.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for clarifying! I’m sure he’ll have no problem getting the minimums and I agree it’s likely he’ll be sent to get them.
It would be negligent if he wasn't sent to somewhere to get the minimums.

I can't imagine USFSA would like fewer options on the table.

The season is still very young, and an Ilia Malinin without minimums is one fewer piece of a puzzle they'll have to put together later.

readernick

Medalist
While we are all declaring our favorite junior men, let me add my favorite, Joe Klein with his beautiful, classic skating style
He is my favorite, too. He has such wonderful posture. He is struggling a bit now with growth and technical development but I am holding out hope that he will be a solid competitor soon!

Will did great today. I like his choice of music because I love Green Day and I feel like he really chose music he liked. It was reflected in his skating. He has a lot to work on in terms of presentation. However, he was performing! Fabulous job~!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, it looks like there's another Junior Man I have to keep an eye on......William Annis is leading after the SP at his JGP event. I have never heard of this young man however, he's ahead of a pack of Russian Men Chasing him. I wish him the best in the FP.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sjoberg and Torgashev are on the lists for this week's Golden West SP on Friday night and FS on Saturday night (not a combined event).

Also listed for both Senior Men segments: Max Lake, Sebastien Payannet :), Alain Sandraz, Paul Yeung.

Listed for both Junior Men segments: Michael Xie :), Sinali Sango.

(Coronado Productions streaming sometimes/often(?) is not free -- and I do not know one way or the other re this year's Golden West.) ...

Update:
Torgashev does not appear in the start orders for SP and FS, although he was on the Golden West PDF's lists. (Sigh.)​

Congratulations to Will.
Good luck in the FS. :)

I of course wish all the best to Vincent at Nebelhorn.

Still nice to see that Jimmy Ma and Maxim Naumov are the alternates for Nebelhorn.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice catch @Dogo; I applaud your early support of Will(y)

and of course Joe Klein is an entrancing skater too:clap:

I’m putting my “Junior man fav” vote in for Jacob Sanchez, a natural performer. But then again, I do love all the Junior men:)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well, it looks like there's another Junior Man I have to keep an eye on......William Annis is leading after the SP at his JGP event. I have never heard of this young man however, he's ahead of a pack of Russian Men Chasing him. I wish him the best in the FP.
As Ted Barton noted, Annis has impressive distance on his jumps — really covers the ice. Needs work on all elements of the second mark. Reminds me of a young David Santee; enthusiastic but unpolished. Will be interesting to see him develop.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As Ted Barton noted, Annis has impressive distance on his jumps — really covers the ice. Needs work on all elements of the second mark. Reminds me of a young David Santee; enthusiastic but unpolished. Will be interesting to see him develop.
Ooh. David Santee! My first figure skating crush.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What the freak USFS? Why is Jimmy Ma not going to Skate America?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
What the freak USFS? Why is Jimmy Ma not going to Skate America?
You have to admit though, Yaro’s “act” is pure Vegas. I can see USFS picking him for that reason alone!

Now if USFS were thinking more long-term, with an eye to growing the sport, one could also make the case for Jimmy, because that LP of his could go viral with a young, anime-loving audience.