2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jimmy MA tied with Grassl for lowest PCS of the night. Ridiculous. He at least deserves low 8s for performance and high 7s for interpretation.
It’s reputation or lack thereof. Only way to get higher scores is to get in front of International judges more, which he started to in the summer Norwood comps. One of the things I hate about figure skating.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yeah, Nathan fell on his first quad. It was a shocking skate for him, but would have been just an "off" day at the office for anyone else. We do expect Nathan to be practically super-human, because he, well, seems super-human! But he's not. He just works really hard and has skating talent to the skies. I hope and believe he'll follow his usual pattern ... he'll put everything into the FS, and we'll all be dazzled again.

Maybe you have a point about Vincent, but that's not how I read Vincent at all. He puts his heart and soul into skating, and when you do that, there's a certain perspective or bit of objectivity missing that means when you stumble, you're all in. Last night's skating was exactly what he usually does.... And thank goodness for it, and for Shoma's and Jimmy's skates, too! Most of the rest were disasters. These two programs are great choices for Vincent's olympic year, and that's key for him. He's stated multiple times that it's important to him to connect emotionally and skate the music.
This is extremely well put. We have been watching Vincent for years and worlds was an anomaly. He is back to his usual form and that makes him a medal threat whenever he competes.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
In his Team USA Media Summit press conference Nathan said he definitely wants to do the Team Event so it's likely he'll do the SP. I'm guessing Vincent would want to do the FS as he doesn't yet have an Olympic medal and he's stated that one of his goals is to bring one back from Beijing.
It makes sense. Nathan wants to OGM from this olympics. And it could happen. The USA has a decent chance depending on the Russian men - how they do because they could be second or last in this group at o lympics. Some variables for the US could be the pairs and ladies and a quadless Brown could also be all over the map. Liu could get as high as second in ladies or be way down. And same with the pairs. They could be as high as second or third in pairs or end up way down the list losing to the chinese, russians, canadians, Italians and japanese.

But the US men have such huge potential with Nathan, Vinnie, Jason or Jimmy. No I dont think they will sweep unless covid or some disaster sweeps the field.

I am not sure if Nathan only wants to do the sp that Vinnie will get the long just because he wants a medal. I would say he has a better chance of do the fs if JImmy beats Jason for the other spot. But remember the freeskate the teams are reduced to 5 teams and Jason could reasonably beat almost everyone especially on a bad day.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quotes from the men's press conference last night: from Jackie Wong's twitter. https://twitter.com/rockerskating

Zhou: We have been working really hard on cleaning up my jumps. We have made technical improvements. With the sal today, there's a small tech fix that I figured out last week. It's still a bit inconsistent but I know how to execute it perfectly. #SkateAmerica

Ma: I def wasn't expecting to be up here tonight. My goal is to leave my heart out there on the ice. I don't want to go home with any regrets. I'm excited to learn from this experience. It's unreal. #SkateAmerica

Zhou: Yes, I did watch Nathan skate. He's an incredible athlete and competitor. I feel incredibly lucky to have him as a teammate. Ice is slippery. #SkateAmerica

Me: what a coupla sweethearts ❤️❤️❤️

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I hear “Jimmy Ma” and “Olympic Team” uttered in the same sentence? Why yes I believe I DID. Stay chill Jimmy! Don’t get nervous!

Is there a way for mortals to watch the press conferences?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Damn it's Monday and still no one has congratulated Vincent on his Skate America win?! 🤣

I'm so glad he brought back CTHD, loved it at Worlds 2019 and it just fits him like a glove. I'm looking forward to his rematch with Shoma at NHK (not to mention going up against Hanyu).

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Damn it's Monday and still no one has congratulated Vincent on his Skate America win?! 🤣

I'm so glad he brought back CTHD, loved it at Worlds 2019 and it just fits him like a glove. I'm looking forward to his rematch with Shoma at NHK (not to mention going up against Hanyu).
And it’s his birthday, too, I think! Happy Birthday, and congrats on a great performance!

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Congratulations on the win Vincent!!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY🥳🎉🎂

I honestly have been too wrapped up in admiring his SP, the win didn't even register! I love his SP!!!

The SP makes me feel the way I feel about Kamila Valieva (I loooooooooove Kamila). Flowy, romantic, very mesmerizing.