2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating

happycamper2554

On the Ice
^^^ As the highest placing US Lady at Worlds, I certainly think she deserves the opportunity to be in the conversation. You must remember that she beat Alysa last season to go to Worlds. Now that Alysa's jump issues seem to be behind her, I am thinking she will re-gain her title and head into the games as the #1 US Lady. Unless she has a meltdown, I still have Bradie as the #2 Lady if they all skate their best. If Amber skates well, I would hope the US gives her the opportunity to go to the games. They couldn't possibly pass her up TWICE!
Alyssa was not age eligible to go to worlds. I think this effected placements, but thats me with my tin foil hat one.

macy

Record Breaker
According to TSL's latest video, Gracie Gold is in Switzerland with Stephane Lambiel to be in a "competitive atmosphere" and is bringing back her 2016-17 FS; Daphnis et Chloe. Jeremy Abbott reworked the FS and choreographed the SP which hasn't been announced yet. Dave said that Gracie is "really, really good" right now in practice. Later in the video, TSL stated that Amber Glenn is practicing and putting in the 3A in the FS.

Here's a better look at the triple axel, after I cropped it

love all this great news. pretty cool Gracie is bringing back that FS as that was the season everything kind of fell apart for her. she has some unfinished business. rising from the ashes yet again.

Alysa's 3A looks better than it ever has! she has so much more flow and lift. very excited to watch her make her first impressions on the senior circuit this season.

Last edited:

beepboop

On the Ice
Does anyone know if there's any credence to TSL's repeated claims that Alysa is recovering from/managing a hip injury? That's basically the only thing they've said about her since Nats (and it seems like they don't really see her as a contender for an Olympic spot for that reason), but seeing the 3A/4Lz videos I'm like... hip injury where???

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Does anyone know if there's any credence to TSL's repeated claims that Alysa is recovering from/managing a hip injury? That's basically the only thing they've said about her since Nats (and it seems like they don't really see her as a contender for an Olympic spot for that reason), but seeing the 3A/4Lz videos I'm like... hip injury where???
I think there was an article put out around US Nats time that said she was injured, but to me it seems like either a minor injury or hip pain. I think her problem at Nationals was her growth spurt, and I haven't seen anything in her skating that suggests an injury. Knowing the USFSA, this was likely something minor that they used as an excuse for why their leading lady had a rough season.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3A is fully clean, with flow, power, beautiful rotation and speed. Plus her arms and body position look great. There is even a hint of joyfulness when she lands it.
People, 4lz looks great for being June/the beginning of Summer. She will obviously keep working on polishing the rotations and all but this is an amazing start. I'm a bit fed up with instagram and reddit being all crazy supportive when another 11 y/o lands a "quad" and yet we can't support our own girl with a great work-in-progress 4Lz. Alysa has it and I know she will do what has to be done when the time comes.
It's especially impressive considering that Alysa lost her quad and triple axel after her growth spurt and many people including me almost counted her out as ever getting them back because of her weaknesses in her skating such as speed which isn't needed as much when your only 4'7 and 70 lbs and can rotate really fast.

beepboop

On the Ice
I think there was an article put out around US Nats time that said she was injured, but to me it seems like either a minor injury or hip pain. I think her problem at Nationals was her growth spurt, and I haven't seen anything in her skating that suggests an injury.

She had a hip injury in November. She's obviously fully recovered by now.

Right, that's what I thought too. It's weird that TSL has been saying, even in a video uploaded as recently as yesterday, that Alysa has a hip injury and using that to count her out as a major contender this quad (e.g. to argue that Amber or Mariah should get Nebelhorn...)

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Right, that's what I thought too. It's weird that TSL has been saying, even in a video uploaded as recently as yesterday, that Alysa has a hip injury and using that to count her out as a major contender this quad (e.g. to argue that Amber or Mariah should get Nebelhorn...)
People should learn not to discount TSL's sources at this point. They are not trying to count her out; maybe she really does have a new hip injury the public doesn't know about yet. They could be wrong this time, but I don't think they're purposely making up an injury in order to try to downplay her chances. To me Nebelhorn has always been hers to lose. But if she does have an injury, that certainly opens the door for someone else to go... which also doesn't mean her Olympic chances are diminished.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
People should learn not to discount TSL's sources at this point. They are not trying to count her out; maybe she really does have a new hip injury the public doesn't know about yet. They could be wrong this time, but I don't think they're purposely making up an injury in order to try to downplay her chances. To me Nebelhorn has always been hers to lose. But if she does have an injury, that certainly opens the door for someone else to go... which also doesn't mean her Olympic chances are diminished.
I believe this is the hip injury they are referring to. That's why she only jumped doubles at the October Vegas team event. However, from what I understand, she's been training quads and the 3A in Italy without any problem.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
It seemed to me in the latest episode from Saturday that they were talking about an injury she has currently that could affect Nebelhorn, so something she could be dealing with for some time. Maybe the same injury from last year is acting up again, who knows? Or maybe they did get their timeline mixed up.

beepboop

On the Ice
Yeah I guess I've become skeptical of TSL's commentary about Alysa given how clear they've made it that they're not rooting for her. Fingers crossed that they're just referring to the injury from last year and Alysa is healthy :)

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Re: TSL talking about Alysa and speculating on an injury - they put out their most recent episode on Saturday, and Alysa's team put out the new video of her 3A and 4L the next day. No one had seen or heard anything from her since Nationals. She doesn't have an active public presence on social media (so I've heard - she did once but it was shut down more than a year ago? I think?). They were speculating as they had been on all the ladies, because no one had seen or heard anything.

I've watched most episodes of TSL for about a year, so maybe the attitude towards Alysa you are describing predates me, but I do not recall any cattiness towards her. In any event, from what we saw at Nationals and now the training videos, it seems pretty darn clear to me that at this point, she is most likely to wind up as the US's #1 lady this coming season. I also think the only way she is not going to the Olympics is if she becomes injured.