2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating

Sjs5572

Final Flight
She really MUST go to B's and summer comps and do well in order to get that third SkAm spot. I didn't/don't think it's possible, but we'll have to wait and see. If Gracie bombs these little comps this summer, no chance of SkAm and no chance of Olympics at all. Do you really think if Gracie pulls it together at Nats that the judges would give OlySeasonNatsInflation for HER?!?!? This summer is critical, so it's a good sign that DaveL is saying she's looking very good already. If she was still slogging along going nowhere I'd write her off already. But maybe she has something more in the tank, so to speak.
I agree. I believe she needs to earn tech minimums to even be considered for Skate America. My prediction when the SkAm assignments are announced in July:
Bradie, Alysa and TBA.

Last edited:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anyone know when the list of skaters for Cranberry Open comes out? Gracie could probably skate there to get the tech minimums. Hearing that Gracie is doing well is good news but she has to bring it and perform perfectly or almost every time she competes for the fed to support her. If she does, I think/hope she'll get the bump at nationals. She was one of the darlings of the Sochi Olympics and to come back after dealing with and being open about her ED and mental health issues would be amazing. Also, outside of Alysa, I don't think the US ladies have a chance at a medal in the individual event so why not send Gracie (if she has an amazing season)? I just hope Gracie is happy with the outcome :pray:

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She really MUST go to B's and summer comps and do well in order to get that third SkAm spot. I didn't/don't think it's possible, but we'll have to wait and see. If Gracie bombs these little comps this summer, no chance of SkAm and no chance of Olympics at all. Do you really think if Gracie pulls it together at Nats that the judges would give OlySeasonNatsInflation for HER?!?!? This summer is critical, so it's a good sign that DaveL is saying she's looking very good already. If she was still slogging along going nowhere I'd write her off already. But maybe she has something more in the tank, so to speak.

If I remember correctly, last year or maybe even the year before that, practice videos showed Gracie looking "very good already." In competition, she hasn't as yet been as successful. Anything can happen of course.

Dawn825

Medalist
My prediction when the SkAm assignments are announced in July:
Bradie, Alysa and TBA.
You think? '21 Worlds aside, Bradie and Alysa are still officially our top 2 girls, sharing the last 4 national titles. It doesnt rlly make sense to send them to the same GP events, where they might get in each other's way placement wise, unless the fed thinks it's so unlikely that either of them would make the final that they just want to draw the biggest crowd possible for SkAm.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You think? '21 Worlds aside, Bradie and Alysa are still officially our top 2 girls, sharing the last 4 national titles. It doesnt rlly make sense to send them to the same GP events, where they might get in each other's way placement wise, unless the fed thinks it's so unlikely that either of them would make the final that they just want to draw the biggest crowd possible for SkAm.
I like Bradie, but I don’t see her as a crowd drawer.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

I know ice is slippery, and injuries/growth spurts, but Russia has seven skaters that would be placed over Bradie/Alysa all things being equal. I understand the feeling that Bradie/Alysa are realistically 1/2 for US, but I don't think in terms of the GPF having them compete against each other will matter at all. And since it is Skate America, why not have them both to feature to an American audience? I would be absolutely shocked if Alysa isn't there, considering her Toyota sponsorship, and Bradie IS the current National champion. Why not show them at home where they will most be appreciated?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Since the juniors didn't have a season last year, I believe that Alysa is only guaranteed only one GP spot. USFSA definitely wants her to have that second spot, since she's our best chance to qualify for and medal at the GRand Prix Final.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I know ice is slippery, and injuries/growth spurts, but Russia has seven skaters that would be placed over Bradie/Alysa all things being equal. I understand the feeling that Bradie/Alysa are realistically 1/2 for US, but I don't think in terms of the GPF having them compete against each other will matter at all. And since it is Skate America, why not have them both to feature to an American audience? I would be absolutely shocked if Alysa isn't there, considering her Toyota sponsorship, and Bradie IS the current National champion. Why not show them at home where they will most be appreciated?
Based on what Alysa is showing in practice, I would place her much higher in the Russian ranks. I think Alysa will have all the jumps (with higher GOE) she had in early 2020, with vastly improved speed, skating skills and maturity. Cue meteoric rise in PCS during her inaugural senior season, ala Zagitova 2018.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Based on what Alysa is showing in practice, I would place her much higher in the Russian ranks. I think Alysa will have all the jumps she had in early 2020, with vastly improved speed, skating skills and maturity. Cue meteoric rise in PCS during her inaugural senior season, ala Zagitova 2018.
Yes, but at least Alysa will have choreography worthy of said PCS.

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
Based on what we've seen from nationals + her restored jumps, Alysa can beat Usacheva, Khromykh, Tuktamysheva, probably Kostornaia as well.

Alysa's form right now probably could've even beaten Scherbakova at worlds

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Based on what we've seen from nationals + her restored jumps, Alysa can beat Usacheva, Khromykh, Tuktamysheva, probably Kostornaia as well.

Alysa's form right now probably could've even beaten Scherbakova at worlds
I agree. The horse race is really between Alysa and Valieva, notwithstanding Shcherbakova's World Champion//Russian Fed PCS bonus.

randomfan

Record Breaker
According to TSL's latest video, Gracie Gold is in Switzerland with Stephane Lambiel to be in a "competitive atmosphere" and is bringing back her 2016-17 FS; Daphnis et Chloe. Jeremy Abbott reworked the FS and choreographed the SP which hasn't been announced yet. Dave said that Gracie is "really, really good" right now in practice. Later in the video, TSL stated that Amber Glenn is practicing and putting in the 3A in the FS.
I'm really glad to hear that she's giving Daphnis et Chloe another try. Despite the fact that the season she originally did this program in was an unfortunate one, I've always thought that the program itself had a lot of potential! Wishing all the best for Gracie~~ :hap10:

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
An ambitious possible gold medal worthy Olympic FS Layout for Alysa:
3A+3T, 4Lz+3T, 3A, 4Lz// 3Lz+1Eu+3S x, 3F x, 3Lo x

I believe this layout is legal, and would technically surpass anything Valieva is capable of doing.