2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
This weekend will be exciting! Will Audrey debut her 3A and/or 4T that she's been showing on Instagram? Can Gracie put it together? How does Gracie look skating-wise?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I were a women's skating fan, maybe I would be making the trip down to Aston, they've managed quite a line-up for a club comp (many of the usuals for an East Coast comp, in fact I think I've seen most of them at Philly before, but still (y)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well dangit
I was thinking of you; if only Gracie had warned her biggest fan:drama: of course, there is no guarantee a skater won’t withdraw, and Cranberry will have far more skaters total....

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thinking of you; if only Gracie had warned her biggest fan:drama: of course, there is no guarantee a skater won’t withdraw, and Cranberry will have far more skaters total....
Can she not still compete at Cranberry? I just cannot rearrange things at this late date.

Hopefully a nice person will take her roses that I would pay for.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
This weekend will be exciting! Will Audrey debut her 3A and/or 4T that she's been showing on Instagram? Can Gracie put it together? How does Gracie look skating-wise?
Has she, not seen anything myself. Where? Love Audrey Shin. I think she a beautiful skater.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Kanon Smith's training town is listed as Colorado Springs on her new Fan Zone bio.
Unless I missed something earlier, it is an apparent change in her training base, although Tammy Gambill already had been on Kanon's coaching team.​

Josephine Lee also has a new Fan Zone bio.
My favorite part: "Can solve a Rubik’s cube with her feet and while hoola (sic) hooping." 🎉
Her new bio includes her 2021-22 music:
SP Music: "Please Don’t Make Me Love You" from Dracula the Musical by Katherine Shindle
FS Music: "Red Ballerina" from Don Quixote

Good luck to Audrey Shin and everyone else competing this week. :)

Adding some mentions:

I am happy that Kate Wang is listed among juniors at Glacier Falls and Sarah Jung among seniors at Philadelphia Summer Championships. Would be the first competition of the season for each, IIRC?

This weekend's DuPage Open is another competition with recognizable names, such as ...
senior: Maxine Bautista, Finley Hawk​
junior: Elsa Cheng, Hannah Lofton, Audrey Meredith, Adele Zheng​

Paige Rydberg and Heidi Munger are on the long list of senior entries competing at Collegiates today and tomorrow.​

Apple1078

Final Flight
The Skating Club of Boston recently posted on Instagram that Alysa Liu, Mariah Bell, Bradie Tennell, and Gabriella Izzo will be competing at the Cranberry Cup.
I wonder if Amber will be there, too. Then we'd have all potential Nebelhorn contenders. It would make a lot of sense if a combo of Champs Camp and Cranberry Cup would determine who goes + there's still a TBD spot at Skate America, right? Same for the men. It feels like the season, with Glacier Falls this week, is starting to ramp up.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I wonder if Amber will be there, too. Then we'd have all potential Nebelhorn contenders. It would make a lot of sense if a combo of Champs Camp and Cranberry Cup would determine who goes + there's still a TBD spot at Skate America, right? Same for the men. It feels like the season, with Glacier Falls this week, is starting to ramp up.

I can't understand why Amber would avoid this competition. She the most of all has to focus on improving her BOW, and even an early season competition where she beats any of Bradie, Alysa, Mariah is a plus. Avoiding them now is only hurting her chances for the Oly Team. Because right now the 3 girls going to the Olympics are Alysa, Bradie, and Karen. Amber needs a win or two over these girls leading up to Nationals. Otherwise if it's between Amber in 3rd at Nats versus Bradie/Karen, she'll never have a chance to displace them. Or maybe she'll come out like gangbusters at Skate America and blow Bradie away by ten points... Whatever the case, I feel that Cranberry is a really bad missed opportunity to get her name in the running right out of the gate. She's not doing herself any favors, really. In 2018, at the beginning of the season, Bradie was a nobody. Well, not someone on the fasttrack to the Olympics at least. She competed in al the early season events, did well, won a birth to Skate America, and just maximized her opportunities and chances. That's how I wish Amber would approach this season.

Last edited:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Also, not to be a Debbie Downer, but Covid is predicting to peak later in the fall. There might not even be a GP season depending on what happens over the next couple months. So if the US team selection committee only has to go on Cranberry and Nationals, then Amber is OUT. Zero BOW. I overthink things, but this is how I would have managed her season.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The Skating Club of Boston recently posted on Instagram that Alysa Liu, Mariah Bell, Bradie Tennell, and Gabriella Izzo will be competing at the Cranberry Cup.

Meanwhile, it remains unclear whether additional U.S. senior women are entered in Cranberry Cup International, besides the four in yesterday's graphic from Skating Club of Boston.

SCOB's graphic was not intended to be a complete list of Cranberry Cup senior women entries.
(My post from this morning in the Cranberry Cup International thread discusses this point at some length.)

[Out of the six entries seen in the graphic, three -- Izzo, Lin, Kitromilis -- train at SCOB.]

Glacier Falls starting orders have been posted.
Audrey Shin is scheduled to skate first in Senior Women SP tomorrow; and Kate Wang is scheduled to skate first in Junior Women SP.

(Kanon Smith and Tamnhi Huynh are not in the starting order for Junior Women, although they had been listed on the Glacier PDF.)

At Collegiates yesterday, Paige Rydberg won Senior Women SP with a clean program and score of 65.13.

(Heidi Munger was listed as WD before the SP started.)

Last edited: