2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Women's FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Women's FS

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Kaori! That was amazing. She didn’t even give Wakaba a chance to take her crown. I hope this program scores over 150, because that was brilliant. Now Kaori can finally get an Olympic medal with the team event. She can split with Wakaba on the ladies side.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So considering Japan are only gonna split singles in the Team event

Who would you have skate which section?
Assuming they'll even use both split options

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Kaori sobbing as well
Kaori has a guaranteed Olympic spot, Wakaba also fits the criteria and will certainly go. The real question is Mana v. Mai. As far as I can tell, Mai doesn't fulfill any of the Olympic requirement spots, but is far more reliable overall than Mana. JSF isn't a fan of sending young/junior skaters out to senior international events, so it really will be a toss-up between the two of them. I like them both, so it's a win-win/lose-lose situation for me.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Kaori was so smooth and confident like a freaking gladiator the entire FS. She may be nervous inside, but I really couldn't tell.

Congrats on the repeat win, and I hope she gets to bring her bestie Mai with her to the Olympics. (There's still a chance. JSF has sent a 5th place skater to the Olympics before, though that person was Dai....)

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
So considering Japan are only gonna split singles in the Team event

Who would you have skate which section?
Assuming they'll even use both split options
Wakaba for the short and Kaori for the free

Reactions: sc8

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was an epic ladies battle, well done to everyone.

Reactions: Giu

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm glad at least one of Kaori/Mai is going to Olympics :hap10:

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yuzu SP, Yuma FS, and I have no idea for ladies but Kaori gets one and Wakaba the other?
Same.
The team event has gotten a lot more interesting now with the unreliability of the Russian men and Sin/Kats' injury, so it will be a fascinating event. I don't know if Russia's gold is 100% set in stone, and there is the silver/bronze matchup between the US and Japan that's really pretty close, especially if Yuzu skates.