2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Weathergal

Medalist
I'm sad to see Ivett go, but I know she's been struggling for the past few years. Not sure if it's since her coaching change, but even her beautiful 3Lz seemed to often elude her. I still enjoyed her skating a lot. My favorite program was her Michael Jackson program. I wish her well in the future!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i'm going to miss my cactus queen:cry:

Don't worry, there will always be more cacti coming up through the ranks. 🌵

Seriously, though, I really liked Ivett. Her programmes were always different to what we are used to getting, and were really entertaining and enjoyable. On the days when things were going well for her, she was absolutely great. It is such a pity that she couldn't be like that consistently, because it really would have put Hungary back on the figure skating map.

I wish Ivett all the best for whatever the future holds.

CaroLiza_fan

IceDancingQueen

On the Ice
Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
Wow I can't believe they split already. Such a shame as they're both very talented. I can't recall where I saw them skate - maybe Russian test skates, did they skate there? But I thought they had potential.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Abachkina and Drodz have already split: https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/t...et_figuristov_Anzhelika_Abashkina_Pavel_Drozd.

I’m really disappointed - I thought they would have made a great team. Seems such a waste after they tried to pair up on 2018 and finally had the opportunity now. Drodz is not doing a very good job of keeping partners!

Just a gentle reminder that it helps if you would please include the discipline and country as well as full names, when you make an announcement. It may seem obvious, but I for one didn't know if A/D were a pair or dance couple, although I surmised Russian.

@surimi updates the Original Post of this thread with new information, so that it'll be handy for everyone to refer to, without having to scroll through all the pages. It helps @surimi to have all the relevant facts about each item of interest handy in one post. thank you!

IceDancingQueen

On the Ice
Just a gentle reminder that it helps if you would please include the discipline and country as well as full names, when you make an announcement. It may seem obvious, but I for one didn't know if A/D were a pair or dance couple, although I surmised Russian.

@surimi updates the Original Post of this thread with new information, so that it'll be handy for everyone to refer to, without having to scroll through all the pages. It helps @surimi to have all the relevant facts about each item of interest handy in one post. thank you!
Apologies, it’s my first time posting a split on this thread so I didn’t think of the etiquette. I’ve fixed it now!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Christopher Caluza representing the Philippines has retired.....again. Here's his message on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWm8QbgLkeL/
He says he's not finished with skating, but he is finished with competing.
I am so sad. I wanted to throw him a stuffie so much. LOVED watching him compete at Cranberry Cup. Just filled with the joy of skating.

Weathergal

Medalist
If I understand correctly, Michael Christian Martinez didn't retire but is stepping away for a bit? Although I think I saw him listed for a competition somewhere but not sure So with Caluza and MCM out, is Edrian Celestino the Philippines' only active male skater?

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
If I understand correctly, Michael Christian Martinez didn't retire but is stepping away for a bit? Although I think I saw him listed for a competition somewhere but not sure So with Caluza and MCM out, is Edrian Celestion the Philippines' only active male skater?
Edrian is not only the only active skater (at least that i know of) but is their top skater... he probably would have been the chosen one to go to the games, the other two may have stepped out anyways... Edrian is rather young, is from Montreal (you may know that already). He has beautiful skating skills. However, no triple axel.

Weathergal

Medalist
Edrian is not only the only active skater (at least that i know of) but is their top skater... he probably would have been the chosen one to go to the games, the other two may have stepped out anyways... Edrian is rather young, is from Montreal (you may know that already). He has beautiful skating skills. However, no triple axel.
Thanks - actually I didn't realize Edrian was from Montreal. Wonder if he's close to getting 3A.