2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Record Breaker
You literally called him useless. That is the definition of feeling something bad or negative.

And male ice dancers and pairs skaters are in shortage, even in Russia, and considering that the Russian fed has been taking steps to prevent athletes switching teams... yeah, no, they could not have 'imported someone better'.
I called him useless because he is useless. It still doesn’t mean that I feel anything bad or negative about him as a person. I just think he is not a good skater and if even the coach Pavlova could not make anything with his skills, it won’t go anywhere. A skater who on senior level scores 130 points, seriously? This is a score that is usually awarded to new junior pairs who skate together for a few months. I don’t think it is a reason for celebration to have a partner who skates that bad.

Russia has not been taking steps to stop skaters being released. They did make it harder, but not impossible. There have been quite a few skaters that have been released even within the past two years, so I do think Finland would deserve a better partner. And there are quite a few of them. For example, in the off season, Volodin needed a partner, and so did Sviatchenko, and Yalin, and Mironov and Bakhmat…. They are all much better than Akulov and at least Finland would have a pair that would make the competition more exciting, rather than a pair that will be taking one of the bottom three places in the international competitions.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Emmy Bronsard and Aissa Bouaraguia have split.
Emmy's Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9h68bL8MY/?utm_medium=copy_link

She says they have "chosen different paths" and she looks forward to "new adventures in ice dance", so I'm assuming that she is looking to continue with a new partner. No post from Aissa as yet (that I've seen), but, from Emmy's post, it sounds as though the split was a mutual decision.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Jacob Richmond, is on ice partner search... he was teamed up with Jessica Li. Another Montreal junior ice dance team seems to have dissolved.... (they were with Julien Lalonde). Physically, Jacob and Emmy would look nice together, but I don't think he has the same skills as Aissa....

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Emmy's Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9h68bL8MY/?utm_medium=copy_link

She says they have "chosen different paths" and she looks forward to "new adventures in ice dance", so I'm assuming that she is looking to continue with a new partner. No post from Aissa as yet (that I've seen), but, from Emmy's post, it sounds as though the split was a mutual decision.

Country they represented, please? I have never heard of these skaters.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

I adored their Bowie medley free dance. Best wishes to both of them!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there time for her to get a new partner and make it to the Olympics?

"According to Benoit Richaud, Aljona Savchenko is searching for a new partner."

For the US? She does not have American citizenship and will never get it by February 2022, so it does not matter if she gets a new partner, she was never going to the Olympics representing the US.

For other countries where she has citizenship, I do not know.:scratch2:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For the US? She does not have American citizenship and will never get it by February 2022, so it does not matter if she gets a new partner, she was never going to the Olympics representing the US.

For other countries where she has citizenship, I do not know.:scratch2:
She'd still have Ukrainian citizenship I assume? Unless Germany is one of those places that doesn't allow dual citizenship. But then I'm not sure she could get a partner who has that same citizenship!

Maybe she really does have her sights set on 2026!

hanca

Record Breaker
She'd still have Ukrainian citizenship I assume? Unless Germany is one of those places that doesn't allow dual citizenship. But then I'm not sure she could get a partner who has that same citizenship!

Maybe she really does have her sights set on 2026!
A chance of finding a partner with Ukrainian citizenship is very slim. Would Ukraine grant their citizenship to her new partner within six months? We are in August and the Olympics are in February… saying that, if the partner was Russian and had some Ukrainian ancestors, there might be a chance that they would grant it fast.

Lana05

Final Flight
I cheked info
She probably doesn't have Ukranian citizenship.
Dual citizenship is allowed for kids of German and foreigners or if they are ethinc German repatriates or in some exclusive cases when already a German person acquires foreign citizenship

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She could skate for Germany I assume? So what about going back to Robin or some other German guy. Or maybe it is time to retire?

Lana05

Final Flight
She could skate for Germany I assume? So what about going back to Robin or some other German guy. Or maybe it is time to retire?
But German Federation already relesed her back and it was annoced that she's already skating for America.
(Even through wasn't anounced by American side)
So does it mean America now need to release her for that?

Sabine

On the Ice
But German Federation already relesed her back and it was annoced that she's already skating for America.
No need to release her back to Germany, because there is definetly no man she could skate with. If she would find some partner from another country you'll have to deal with citizenship issues. German citizenship is not easy to get in time for Beijing (impossible) and Milan (depends on the country).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was she/they in the ISP? I can’t remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.