Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh2:

Not laughing at you, @Dreamer57, thank you for the news.

But dear god in heaven how many partners can one skater have????

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I mean, people have been joking about Krasnopolski changing partners so often. But I honestly didn't expect the new teen-ager to last such a short time. I'd have thought more than one season's testing was in order. But on the other hand, we don't know who ended the partnership, or if indeed it was a mutual decision. Still, it's impossible not to be amused. In this sport, we have to take our laughter where we can!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I suppose this qualifies as a partner change:

Nicolas Nadeau is now a pair guy! It appears he will partner with Emmanuelle (Emma) Proft, another former singles skater:

Are you sure this is for real? Because the way I am reading the post, it sounds more like he is joking with us.

and his girlfriend ;)

I've just looked at her Instagram, and wow! :jaw:

All I can say is that Nic is a very lucky guy!

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Are you sure this is for real? Because the way I am reading the post, it sounds more like he is joking with us.

I've just looked at her Instagram, and wow! :jaw:

All I can say is that Nic is a very lucky guy!

CaroLiza_fan
It may appear as a surprise to some... but Nic has had a big injury a while back... and has never since included a lutz jump in his programs. Very unfortunate for someone who had posted at one point, a quad lutz in training. I saw him land a gorgeous 4loop at Nationals. His 3axel was stellar. But after the injury, his jumps were not as reliable as before. And for someone who loves performing and is still relatively young, switching to pairs is a great way to remain involved in the sport and showcase his talent. On top of that, Nic is very tall, one of the few skaters I have met taller than I am LOL and has a strong upper body. Switching to pairs may work out very well for him. Emmanuelle is a good skater with solid 3T and 3S.

Rumours about them extending their off-the-ice-relationship to on-the-ice have been heard for quite a long time... we discussed this on the Canadian thread a while back.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It may appear as a surprise to some... but Nic has had a big injury a while back... and has never since included a lutz jump in his programs. Very unfortunate for someone who had posted at one point, a quad lutz in training. I saw him land a gorgeous 4loop at Nationals. His 3axel was stellar. But after the injury, his jumps were not as reliable as before. And for someone who loves performing and is still relatively young, switching to pairs is a great way to remain involved in the sport and showcase his talent. On top of that, Nic is very tall, one of the few skaters I have met taller than I am LOL and has a strong upper body. Switching to pairs may work out very well for him. Emmanuelle is a good skater with solid 3T and 3S.

Rumours about them extending their off-the-ice-relationship to on-the-ice have been heard for quite a long time... we discussed this on the Canadian thread a while back.

Thank you for the explanation. To me, it looked like one of those photos of a couple messing about. But, now that you have told me nore more, it does sound like it is a genuine plan.

But, when I hear about skaters being partners on and off ice, the advice about not mixing business and pleasure comes to mind. Because if one partnership goes wrong, the other does too. So, I hope that their relationship is strong.

I wish them all the best. And hopefully we will be seeing them competing on the international circuit soon. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... people mix business and fun all the time... it really depends how people handle it... it's just normal... when you spend so much time with someone... two of my favourite all time pairs were romantically involved (gordeeva and grinkov as well as salé-pelletier.) both couple had tragic endings but that is beside the point, on the ice, their chemistry was exquisite.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you for the explanation. To me, it looked like one of those photos of a couple messing about. But, now that you have told me nore more, it does sound like it is a genuine plan.

But, when I hear about skaters being partners on and off ice, the advice about not mixing business and pleasure comes to mind. Because if one partnership goes wrong, the other does too. So, I hope that their relationship is strong.

I wish them all the best. And hopefully we will be seeing them competing on the international circuit soon. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan
There's been a lot of discussion and rumors about Nic Nadeau switching to pairs. Perhaps you've missed those numerous conversations in various threads.

In Nic's post, his comments are very straightforward, and do not seem like joking at all. I guess you were confused and thought it was joke-making because you haven't been aware of the background regarding Nic's competitive challenges in singles due to injury, and the number of conversations on Twitter and skating forums surrounding Nic planning a switch to pairs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There's been a lot of discussion and rumors about Nic Nadeau switching to pairs. Perhaps you've missed those numerous conversations in various threads.

In Nic's post, his comments are very straightforward, and do not seem like joking at all. I guess you were confused and thought it was joke-making because you haven't been aware of the background regarding Nic's competitive challenges in singles due to injury, and the number of conversations on Twitter and skating forums surrounding Nic planning a switch to pairs.

Yeah, you are right.

I admit that I am really bad at keeping up with North American skating at the best of times. Apart from Skate America and Skate Canada, I don't normally pay attention to competitions from North America because of the time difference. But I do normally hear some things. Since the pandemic started, though, I have become totally out of touch. And the extent of my cluelessness is becoming apparant now that the Junior GP Series has started. There are lots of North American skaters fighting for the top positions who everybody else seems to know, but who I have never heard tell of.

The reason for this is that I don't normally go into the country or category threads in The Edge (the Russian Ladies Thread has scared me off them!) It's mostly this thread, dedicated threads for stories that take my interest, specific Fan Fest threads, and competition threads (when there are competitions!) that I go into.

And it doesn't help that I am not your typical social media user. I am not on Twitter, and there are only a handful of pages on there that I would visit. To be honest, I have never seen the point of Twitter. I did join Instagram when they started limiting what non members can view. But, I haven't done anything more than just register - in fact I've only signed in 2 or 3 times since. Facebook is my primary social network, but since the start of the pandemic, I have completely stopped looking at my news feed.

As a result of all this, the discussions about Nic (and no doubt lots of other things!) slipped through the cracks.

Looking at the photo, it does seem like the sort of things that skaters in a relationship would do just for fun. And if you take the start of the caption in conjunction with the photo, it does sound like he is joking. But, I accept that when he starts thanking people, it becomes apparant that he is being serious.

Anyway, I wish him and Emmanuelle all the best. Both on the ice and off!

Thank you for replying

CaroLiza_fan

theblade

On the Ice
That's huge. I can only imagine that they are training in the U.S. because from what I understand, the UK skaters endured many restrictions.

This greatly improves her chances of competing internationally. Very interesting strategic decision. Wonder about her citizenship.

Status
Not open for further replies.