2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Shira Ichilov and Laurent Abecassis (dance team from Israel) have split. They recently placed 10th at Nebelhorn.
According to Shira's Instagram post, Laurent has quit skating, whilst she is looking for a new partner to continue skating with.
I really enjoyed watching these two at Nebelhorn, and was looking forward to seeing them again :(

Best of luck to Shira in her partner search, and good luck to Laurent in his life outside of skating.

Shira's post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUZ6S_xK3Od/

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Shira Ichilov and Laurent Abecassis (dance team from Israel) have split. They recently placed 10th at Nebelhorn.
According to Shira's Instagram post, Laurent has quit skating, whilst she is looking for a new partner to continue skating with.
I really enjoyed watching these two at Nebelhorn, and was looking forward to seeing them again :(

Best of luck to Shira in her partner search, and good luck to Laurent in his life outside of skating.

Shira's post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUZ6S_xK3Od/
weren't they scheduled to perform again in a couple of weeks at another challenge?

hanca

Record Breaker
It is a weird time to quit skating, at the beginning of the season, when they already spent the money for having new programs made and made new skating costumes.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Yura Matsuda, Japanese woman's skater, announced her retirement from competitions on her IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUl3-AEpiXW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This explains why she didn't enter the regional competitions this season. Yura is probably the one with the best costumes from all the Japanese skaters, based on her own selection of photos from her competitive career (and her -3L jump combination will be missed...)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Yura Matsuda, Japanese woman's skater, announced her retirement from competitions on her IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUl3-AEpiXW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This explains why she didn't enter the regional competitions this season. Yura is probably the one with the best costumes from all the Japanese skaters, based on her own selection of photos from her competitive career (and her -3L jump combination will be missed...)
:thank:
She was based in Chukyo, wasn't she?

hanca

Record Breaker
maybe the goal was to make the o games and not succeeding was career ender????
Probably, but if you already make the effort learning new programs and spend the money for the programs and costume, one would think that she would want to use it for the next six months. To get her money worth…

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Anyone knows more about Tilda Alteryd and Paxton Fletcher as a new pair? Competing for Sweden.

He used to compete for Canada, more recently with Cassandra Leung. He also did the JGP with Patricia Andrew in 2018. With Cassandra, he was training with Bruno Marcotte in Oakville. Looks like that's where this partnership is training too, from the Instagram post.

It looks like she was a singles skater in Sweden until now. I don't know what jumps she has - never placed top ten at Sweden Nationals in jr/sr from what I can find. I found an Ice Partner Search bio from 2018 (with the wayback machine). It says she's 4'11", born in 1998 (23 now), and can do 2A and 3S. Don't know what pairs training she's done since that time.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur Dmitriev switched from competing for Russia to the USA. He is listed to compete at the US Championship Series in Alpharetta, Georgia.

Is it confirmed that he has officially switched, or that the Russian Fed has released him, other than the listing for Alpharetta (which certainly does seem to be a precursor)?

ETA: and @ice coverage kindly answered my question in the US men's thread.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Looks like Ian Meyh (who had been waiting for Nica Digerness to rehab from an injury in 2020) has found a new partner in Ellie Kam. Meyh and Kam are competing in junior pairs at the U.S. championship series in Henderson, Nevada. Also competing in juniors at this event are Megan Wessenberg and Blake Eisenach, who recently paired and train under Meno/Sand's team with Chris Knierim,

Nica Digerness is reportedly now partnered with Mark Sadusky (who was briefly paired with Brynne McIsaac, first in Florida with Jim Peterson, and later in Colorado with D. Sappenfield, prior to Brynne briefly partnering with T.J. Nyman, which didn't work out for a number of reasons).

Meyh was formerly briefly paired with Chelsea Liu (they competed at 2019 U.S. Nationals, prior to Chelsea's adventure skating pairs for Chinese fed). Chelsea, of course, is now in a promising partnership with Danny O'Shea. Liu/O'Shea will compete at Skate America next week (along with training partners, Knierim/Frazier, and Calalang/Johnson).

Digerness had split with Danny Neudecker, who has been skating notably well with Sasha Fakhroutdinov. Sasha and Danny now train in Colorado with Drew Meekins (formerly with D. Sappenfield).

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks for all the news. We do have a separate thread for coaching switches, and now I have modified it to include country changes since we've heard of quite a few recently. I reposted the relevant content there, but just so you guys know the other place exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.