2021 Skate America Entries | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America Entries

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought it might be a good idea to keep track of all entries for each GP separately, and to keep track of any withdrawals and replacements (hopefully not necessary!)

Preliminary as of 7/1/2021

Men

Nam Nguyen (CAN)
Michal Brezina (CZE)
Kevin Aymoz (FRA)
Adam Siao Him Fa (FRA)
Daniel Grassl (ITA)
Shun Sato (JPN)
Shoma Uno (JPN)
Artur Danielian (RUS)
Daniil Samsonov (RUS) (wd 10/11)
Nathan Chen (USA)
Yaroslav Paniot (USA) (added 9/3 wd 10/11)
Jimmy Ma (USA) (added 10/11)
Vincent Zhou (USA)

Ladies

Satoko Miyahara (JPN)
Kaori Sakamoto (JPN)
Yuhana Yokoi (JPN)
Ekaterina Kurakova (POL)
Yelim Kim (KOR)
Young You (KOR)
Kseniia Sinitsyna (RUS)
Alexandra Trusova (RUS)
Daria Usacheva (RUS)
Starr Andrews (USA) (added 10/18)
Amber Glenn (USA)
Audrey Shin (USA) (added 9/3)
Bradie Tennell (USA) (wd 10/18)

Pairs

Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud (CAN)
Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara (JPN)
Alexandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kovlovskii (RUS)
Alena Pepeleva / Roman Pleshkov (RUS)
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov (RUS)
Jessica Calalang / Brian Johnson (USA) (added 9/3)
Alexa Knierim / Brandon Frazier (USA)
Chelsea Liu / Danny O'Shea (USA)

Ice Dance

Laurence Fornier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorenson (CAN)
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus (CAN)
Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto (JPN)
Natalie Kaliszek / Maskym Spodyriev (POL)
Annabelle Morozov / Andrei Bagin (RUS)
Tiffani Zagorski / Jonathan Gurreiro (RUS) (wd 10/13)
Olivia Smart / Adrian Diaz (ESP)
Molly Cesanek / Yehor Yehorov (USA) (added 9/3)
Madison Chock / Evan Bates (USA)
Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donahue (USA)

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks like you accidentally left Daniil Samsonov (RUS) off of the men's list...

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am super happy for Yaroslav, but disappointed it wasn’t Naumov. 😢

He already had one GP assignment, though. I wasn't expecting them to give him two assignments at the expense of other skaters who don't even have one. Yaro needs the competition experience, too. He's been out of the game for a while. I actually thought it would be Jimmy Ma, though, because he beat him at Cranberry. Maybe they're beating more on Yaro going into the next Quad vs Jimmy, who's a little older than him?

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
He already had one GP assignment, though. I wasn't expecting them to give him two assignments at the expense of other skaters who don't even have one. Yaro needs the competition experience, too. He's been out of the game for a while. I actually thought it would be Jimmy Ma, though, because he beat him at Cranberry. Maybe they're beating more on Yaro going into the next Quad vs Jimmy, who's a little older than him?
I always wonder how they make these selections.... I would have been happy with any of the men who finished 4th, 5th, and 6th at Nationals. Jimmy had the best skate and finish of his life at nationals. And he looked stronger at Cranberry. He seems more focused than in years passed.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I always wonder how they make these selections.... I would have been happy with any of the men who finished 4th, 5th, and 6th at Nationals. Jimmy had the best skate and finish of his life at nationals. And he looked stronger at Cranberry. He seems more focused than in years passed.

I agree. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps they don't know if Jimmy is continuing? He's turning 26 next month, so he may not be going for another 4 years, who knows? Yaroslav has already said he's going until 2026, and with him not having any international competitions in the past three years, he does need the experience to get his competition legs under him again.

The other three host picks were pretty obvious. This was the only thing I was a bit unsure about. (But pleasantly surprised because now I get to see Yaro in person!)

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
I agree. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps they don't know if Jimmy is continuing? He's turning 26 next month, so he may not be going for another 4 years, who knows? Yaroslav has already said he's going until 2026, and with him not having any international competitions in the past three years, he does need the experience to get his competition legs under him again.

The other three host picks were pretty obvious. This was the only thing I was a bit unsure about. (But pleasantly surprised because now I get to see Yaro in person!)
Maybe that's why Jimmy is skating so well? Maybe personally for him, he's not continuing after this season, so it's personal and he wants to skate well for himself. IDK. And yes, I agree, Yaroslav has given two solid appearances the last two nationals (10th and 4th), and he has solid quads! I think Cranberry was his first time skating so early in the season, so maybe just needs to get warmed up competition wise. Hopefully SA will be awesome experience for him and ALL the American men!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I know, but it’s my personal preference. If I manage to get in and out of States, I prefer Naumov’s programs to Paniot’s.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no! I was looking forward to seeing Daniil. Hope he's not injured. :console:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This interview would lead me to believe he is continuing beyond this year.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States