2021 Warsaw Cup: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Warsaw Cup: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Warsaw Cup is the eighth in a series of nine events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Warsaw, Poland, November 18-21, 2021.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

Last edited by a moderator:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Sounds like a dream to me. In the small chance that I could go, only Tomoe is missing to make my happiness complete. But my favoite Japanese man, my favorite Japanese lady, ethereal Mai, and KanaDai soranbushi dance - what more could one wish for?

surimi

Record Breaker
I'm going to wait for official entries announcement, and if Mai is still on list, I'll try to go. I may not have another chance.

Do you know if they will allow foreign audience?

care bear

Rinkside
Well, I am from Germany and attended JGP in Gdansk. No one asked me at the door. No one checked us in the train from Berlin. Let us wait and hope that audience generally is permitted. Or do you mean you can visit Poland from abroad? I want to go to Warsaw, bc there are only small restrictions in the contry, like wearing masks, in contrast to France.

Last edited:

surimi

Record Breaker
Well, I am from Germany and attended JGP in Gdansk. No one asked me at the door. No one checked us in the train from Berlin. Let us wait and hope that audience generally is permitted. Or do you mean you can visit Poland from abroad? I want to go to Warsaw, bc there are only small restrictions in the contry, like wearing masks, in contrast to France.

Thanks for sharing your observations. I am also from central Europe, and I'd love to go to Warsaw. Let's wait and see if foreigners are permitted in Poland, and if audience is permitted at the venue. The recent surges are worrying me, I have to admit. If I do go, it looks like I'll have to fly. I don't want to risk 9 hours on the train in a situation like this. :/

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Unless the restrictions will change, of course you can. But with our government, they can change restrictions like 3 days before, so you never really know.

surimi

Record Breaker
Unless the restrictions will change, of course you can. But with our government, they can change restrictions like 3 days before, so you never really know.

Thanks for the info! heh, our govt acts the same way... I better have everything refundable. But I am in no rush as our cases keep rising, so who knows, maybe Poland will close its border to us before November... I try not to have my expectations set too high. I've never been to Warsaw so I'd love to go, though.
Does anyone know when the Warsaw Cup website usually gets published?

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Looks like the Warsaw Cup is the only challenger where Sasha and Daria can perform.

Cup of Austria at the same time with the NHK Trophy. So, with huge probability they will go to Warsaw :)

surimi

Record Breaker
No Mai -_- Aww. But among those I would be interested in seeing, there's Vincent and Wesley and Bychenko (thumbs up to the 'old' guy!) and Shoma, and for the girls Yuhana, Gabrielle, Maia, Emmi, Bradie, Lindsey and Kurakova. Yikes, I hope Sota can perform well in such hard competition.
I hope they put up a Warsaw Cup site now, as many will be trying to buy tickets.
I hope Poland considers PCR tests valid for 5 days? If not I'm s%#ed.

Last edited:

care bear

Rinkside
No Mai -_- Aww. But among those I would be interested in seeing, there's Vincent and Wesley and Bychenko (thumbs up to the 'old' guy!) and Shoma, and for the girls Yuhana, Gabrielle, Maia, Emmi, Bradie, Lindsey and Kurakova. Yikes, I hope Sota can perform well in such hard competition.
I hope they put up a Warsaw Cup site now, as many will be trying to buy tickets.
I hope Poland considers PCR tests valid for 5 days? If not I'm s%#ed.
I think the competition 2019 was with free tickets.

surimi

Record Breaker
I think the competition 2019 was with free tickets.

wow, thanks! I think many will want to come this year as people are so starved for skating. :)
My biggest worry is now the PCR test validity. I hope it's longer than 3 days in Poland.

surimi

Record Breaker
PCR test validity is only 72 hours. I think you can do an rapid antigentest in Warsaw at the airport for return trip.
ouch, thanks. This will/would be my first trip abroad in the pandemic, so I based my assumptions on my own country. I see we lucked out with a 7-day validity for PCR. I'll need to take a look at testing centers in Warsaw that are available for foreigners, if they opeate at weekends, and their prices. I guess antigens will be my choice then, as I'd need to have results fast to be able to enter the venue and restaurants. Well, I have some research to do. 📖 Thanks for your info again.

surimi

Record Breaker
wow, that's new! Thanks a lot, that is upcheering to hear. Anyhow, I'll make proper research from now on. They have some rules about venue capacity I have read, so maybe there will be tickets this year..? We'll see.