2021 Warsaw Cup: General Info

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
As covid cases rise in Poland, it is not suprising there's limited capacity :(

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
As covid cases rise in Poland, it is not suprising there's limited capacity :(

Do you know if there are any new restrictions concerning entry to Poland? I was just checking the government page today, and they still list that their restrictions are valid until October 31st. Needless to say, with our almost 10k cases yesterday, I am very worried about the border getting closed to Poland's high-risk neighbors. 14 days to go, and such uncertainty, with this hard-to-predict covid crisis -_- But at least it looks like the competition is going forward, regardless of whether the audience can make it. 🍀

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Due to rising numbers I've decided not to go, and cancelled my hotel reservation. I'm feeling uneasy, mostly about a 6 hrs ride on the train.
Yeah, I'm not going either. It's over 15k cases today and it can only get worse, so I wouldn't be suprised if it was closed to public altogether, since there are no tickets anyway.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Other withdrawals:

Women - Valeriia Sidorova ARM, Yae-Mia Neira CHI, Ellen Slavickova CZE
Pairs - Lukashevich/Stepanov BLR
Dance - Harris/Chan AUS, LaFond-Fournier/Kam NZL, Abachkina/Drozd RUS

icetug

Medalist
Shoma seems to have withdrawn - he doesn't appear in the list of entries anymore (it was updated today):
Shoma has NHK a week before so I was quite sure he wouldn't appear. However Koshiro is on the entry list so there was a slight possibility they both would come to Warsaw on their way from Japan to Champery.

By the way the men's entry list is still as long as previously as Nikita Kovalenko of Israel has been added.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Shoma has NHK a week before so I was quite sure he wouldn't appear.

I know (see my post on page 2). :)

Despite the risk, however, I'm going and have already booked the flights + the hotel, even though I'm aware that my top faves (Shoma and Kana/Dai) might withdraw due to the tight schedule with NHK (and in Shoma's case maybe the GPF). There are plenty other skaters I'd still be looking forward to.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Due to rising numbers I've decided not to go, and cancelled my hotel reservation. I'm feeling uneasy, mostly about a 6 hrs ride on the train.
Good decision. I did go to a competition this weekend (in Germany) and was not allowed in. Despite complying with proof of vaccine. Luckily the drive (on my own) was only 3 hours, but still, staying in a hotel close to a skating rink is pretty boring.

Country
Norway
Wait what?! I just checked the entries and Stephen Gogolev is listed!!!

Maybe he has been there the whole time, but I havn´t noticed before now. This really makes me happy. I have been wondering how he is doing and was afraid we would not see him the whole season. I hope he will be there!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Oh, and Korean skaters WD. I'm afraid the entry lists can be shorter and shorter till the beginning of next week.
Not everybody wants to come to the country with 1.5k new infections daily...

Yeah, I'm gnawing my lip over the remaining Japanese entries, with the NHK/Warsaw schedule being so tight. -_-
What I'd give for my country to have 1500 cases daily - we have ten times that number :cry: