2021 Warsaw Cup: General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Warsaw Cup: General Info

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh, and Korean skaters WD. I'm afraid the entry lists can be shorter and shorter till the beginning of next week.
Not everybody wants to come to the country with 1.5k new infections daily...
I totally agree. And we don't how high it will be when skaters arrive.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
He is still listed. I have heard a rumor that he might WD, but so far he's still showing up among the entries.
I think Komatsubara/Koleto will WD though. I saw an article today which said they'd be heading to Canada this week to have her elbow injury checked.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He is still listed. I have heard a rumor that he might WD, but so far he's still showing up among the entries.
I think Komatsubara/Koleto will WD though. I saw an article today which said they'd be heading to Canada this week to have her elbow injury checked.
I believe Tom Z said Vincent would WD

skatefigure

Rinkside
According to what Komatsubara/Koleto told the press at NHK, they were returning to the U.S. to get her elbow checked. For some unknown reason she was unable to get her Canadian visa renewed so they will be training in Colorado Springs for the time being.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness. I just started work on my predictions, and I realised that I have a lot more children here than I thought. :eek:

I have 5 daughters and 2 sons going to Warsaw!!! 😲 :jaw:

And on top of that, I have a daughter going to Tallinn, and another daughter going to Celje. :drama:

And that is before we get to the complicated setup in Grenoble, where I have a daughter and son competing. Or, is that a daughter and son-in-law? Or, maybe even a daughter-in-law and son? :confused:

It's going to be a busy week for me chasing after all these kids! :drama:

@elektra blue - what are you like this week? If you don't have too many kids to look after, you couldn't give me a hand, could you? Maybe you could make a few pizzas that they could share. 🍕 Hey, I'll even let you decide whether there is any pineapple on them...! :p

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:
Country
Russia
CS Warsaw Cup 2021
In order of Rersonal best
* means unofficial best if no official

Men
No. Name Nat. Score
1 Daniel GRASSL ITA 269.00
2 Petr GUMENNIK RUS 263.14
3 Sota YAMAMOTO JPN 240.11
4 Stephen GOGOLEV CAN 233.58
5 Ilya YABLOKOV RUS 231.99
6 Paul FENTZ GER 230.01
7 Jimmy MA USA 228.12
8 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 225.55
9 Ivan SHMURATKO UKR 221.44
10 Konstantin MILYUKOV BLR 221.33
11 Alexei BYCHENKO ISR 220.50
12 Koshiro SHIMADA JPN 220.45
13 Nikolaj MAJOROV SWE 218.07
14 Irakli MAYSURADZE GEO 217.78
15 Wesley CHIU CAN 217.59
16 Alexey EROKHOV RUS 214.59 (can way better)
17 Mark GORODNITSKY ISR 206.83
18 Nikolaj MEMOLA ITA 197.63
19 Edrian Paul CELESTINO PHI 191.45
20 Georgii RESHTENKO CZE 190.12
21 Thomas STOLL GER 183.82
22 Raffaele Francesco ZICH ITA 183.04
23 Kai JAGODA GER 181.49
24 Adam HAGARA SVK 162.63
25 Conor STAKELUM IRL 153.90
26 Eric SJOBERG USA 153.26
27 Kornel WITKOWSKI POL 152.81
28 Samuel MCALLISTER IRL 152.72
29 Yann FRECHON FRA 152.22
30 Jordan DODDS AUS 148.78
31 Milosz WITKOWSKI POL 143.71*
32 Nikita KOVALENKO ISR 141.98

Women
No. Name Nat. Score
1 Maiia KHROMYKH RUS 226.35
2 Ekaterina KURAKOVA POL 201.47
3 Lindsay THORNGREN USA 193.77
4 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN 192.67
5 Nicole SCHOTT GER 182.71
6 Emmi PELTONEN FIN 181.79
7 Jenni SAARINEN FIN 181.20
8 Niina PETROKINA EST 181.17
9 Marilena KITROMILIS CYP 180.72
10 Alina URUSHADZE GEO 179.50
11 Anastasiia SHABOTOVA UKR 177.70
12 Gabriella IZZO USA 169.75
13 Natasha MCKAY GBR 162.54
14 Emilea ZINGAS CYP 158.16
15 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 157.45
16 Kristina ISAEV GER 149.78
17 Taylor MORRIS ISR 148.34
18 Niki WORIES NED 147.69
19 Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA EST 147.13
20 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 141.49
21 Maia SORENSEN DEN 137.51
22 Yelizaveta BABENKO UKR 134.12*
23 Elzbieta GABRYSZAK POL 132.46
24 Karolina BIALAS POL 130.43
25 Nataly LANGERBAUR EST 128.55
26 Julie FROETSCHER FRA 128.44
27 Anastasia GOZHVA UKR 127.80
28 Natalia LERKA POL 110.18*
29 Maral-Erdene GANSUKH MGL 78.92
30 Marina ASOYAN ARM 70.02

Pairs
No. Name Nat. Score
1 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 228.47
2 Jessica CALALANG / Brian JOHNSON USA 197.42
3 Laura BARQUERO / Marco ZANDRON ESP 189.99
4 Alina PEPELEVA / Roman PLESHKOV RUS 188.79
5 Emily CHAN / Spencer Akira HOWE USA 182.44*
6 Iasmina KADYROVA / Ivan BALCHENKO RUS 180.13*
7 Chelsea LIU / Danny O'SHEA USA 175.40
8 Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 169.91
9 Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND CAN 168.81
10 Hailey KOPS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR 167.08
11 Ekaterina IUROVA / Dmitry BUSHLANOV BLR 157.37*
12 Elizaveta ZHUK / Martin BIDAR CZE 157.29
13 Anastasiia METELKINA / Daniil PARKMAN GEO 156.73
14 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA 152.72
15 Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA NED 145.26
16 Oceane PIEGAD / Remi BELMONTE FRA 135.32*
17 Dorota BRODA / Pedro BETEGON MARTIN ESP 133.32
18 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR 132.56
19 Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER GER 124.87
20 Campbell YOUNG / Lachlan LEWER AUS 92.41*

Ice Dance
No. Name Nat. Score
1 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA 188.43
2 Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN RUS 184.62
3 Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 179.50
4 Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY RUS 175.17
5 Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER CZE 172.98
6 Eva PATE / Logan BYE USA 171.70*
7 Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN FIN 166.93
8 Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV POL 157.84*
9 Jasmine TESSARI / Stephane WALKER SUI 156.92*
10 Viktoria SEMENJUK / Ilya YUKHIMUK BLR 156.26
11 Molly LANAGHAN / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS CAN 154.13
12 Lara LUFT / Maximilian PFISTERER GER 150.42
13 Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Evgenii USTENKO RUS 144.79
14 Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV UKR 144.25
15 Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA FRA 143.29
16 Solene MAZINGUE / Marko Jevgeni GAIDAJENKO EST 138.23
17 Viktoriia LOPUSOVA / Asaf KAZIMOV GER 132.00
18 Anne-Marie WOLF / Max LIEBERS GER 130.44
19 Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY ISR 128.15
20 Paulina RAMANAUSKAITE / Deividas KIZALA LTU 125.79
21 Olexandra BORYSOVA / Aaron FREEMAN POL 125.11*
22 Hanna JAKUCS / Alessio GALLI NED 124.98
23 Aleksandra SAMERSOVA / Kevin OJALA EST 124.50

Country
Norway
View attachment 4546
Wow, the schedule is quite something. The men are skating tomorrow almost until midnight and then they have their FS practice the next day starting at 6am. 🙀
And pairs are actually skating past midnight on Friday.
Oh no, like in Austria last week, but not because they really planned it, but because of a lot of delay (I guess you know all about it being there yourself).

Just like, this doesn´t really leave room for delays either. Imagine if it will be delay at this competition like in Austria, the last once are going to skate at 01.00 or something.

Just watched the first day of Tallinn Trophy, and it´s a dream to watch. Everything is on time, result page is working like a clock, there is a score box and stream has high quality, there is a replay and you get the actual scores on the stream.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh no, like in Austria last week, but not because they really planned it, but because of a lot of delay (I guess you know all about it being there yourself).
:ot: Haha, yes they had some problems with the sound system at the rink. There was an almighty boom and then the sound was just gone. This actually happened twice, the first time was in the intermission between men's and women's SP, so I guess you might not even have noticed it in the stream, and the second time was during a warm-up in the women's SP.
and you get the actual scores on the stream.
:ot: No. 2: Post it guy in Austria gave it his all though. We sat directly behind (or more accurately above) him, and he was glued to his laptop. And then when the rink announcer gave the scores, he wrote the post its like the wind. :biggrin: Sometimes he also left the penalty box where he had his gear set up, sprinted round the rink, only to come back not even a minute later with some drinks or snacks to get him through the long day. And the second time the sound system gave up, he actually supplied a cable to the rink technician guys, which apparently allowed them to get the sound back. So kudos to post it guy!

Country
Norway
:ot: Haha, yes they had some problems with the sound system at the rink. There was an almighty boom and then the sound was just gone. This actually happened twice, the first time was in the intermission between men's and women's SP, so I guess you might not even have noticed it in the stream, and the second time was during a warm-up in the women's SP.

:ot: No. 2: Post it guy in Austria gave it his all though. We sat directly behind (or more accurately above) him, and he was glued to his laptop. And then when the rink announcer gave the scores, he wrote the post its like the wind. :biggrin: Sometimes he also left the penalty box where he had his gear set up, sprinted round the rink, only to come back not even a minute later with some drinks or snacks to get him through the long day. And the second time the sound system gave up, he actually supplied a cable to the rink technician guys, which apparently allowed them to get the sound back. So kudos to post it guy!
I noticed the second time, because that was when my Norwegian children was in the warm up, and I got really nervous about what was going on and worried when they suddenly left the ice before the warm up was over, after they had gathered around someone giving them a message. We didn´t get any information in the stream, so we really didn´t know what was going on! Lucky they fixed it after a little while and they were allowed to finish the warm up.

We all loved the post it guy, so all cred to him for making the competition very entertaining and able to get the scores when the result page was giving as all headaches :laugh: :laugh:

Prayers this Challenger will go a bit smoother :pray:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, the schedule is quite something. The men are skating tomorrow almost until midnight and then they have their FS practice the next day starting at 6am. 🙀
And pairs are actually skating past midnight on Friday.

Just like, this doesn´t really leave room for delays either. Imagine if it will be delay at this competition like in Austria, the last once are going to skate at 01.00 or something.

That is so not fair on the skaters.

I take it there is just the one rink in the arena, which is being used for both the competitions and the practices.

But, are there not any other ice rinks in Warsaw within a reasonable distance that could be used as a practice rink? And have a shuttle bus running between the two.

I've often thought that sort of arrangement could be a good way of holding an event in Belfast - have the Odyssey Arena as the main rink, and the Dundonald Ice Bowl (5 miles away) as the practice rink.

I know it's not ideal, but surely it would be better than having the skaters on the ice into the wee small hours!

Just watched the first day of Tallinn Trophy, and it´s a dream to watch. Everything is on time, result page is working like a clock, there is a score box and stream has high quality, there is a replay and you get the actual scores on the stream.

...and the video of the stream went private straight after it finished, which meant that when I came back to it watch it later on, it disappeared as soon I un-paused it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, at least I'll know for tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Petition for Post-It Guy to be at Warsaw too.

You know we all want to see him there ;)

And the second time the sound system gave up, he actually supplied a cable to the rink technician guys, which apparently allowed them to get the sound back. So kudos to post it guy
A true hero of skating. Bless Ryan the Post-It Guy!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
My goodness. I just started work on my predictions, and I realised that I have a lot more children here than I thought. :eek:

I have 5 daughters and 2 sons going to Warsaw!!! 😲 :jaw:

And on top of that, I have a daughter going to Tallinn, and another daughter going to Celje. :drama:

And that is before we get to the complicated setup in Grenoble, where I have a daughter and son competing. Or, is that a daughter and son-in-law? Or, maybe even a daughter-in-law and son? :confused:

It's going to be a busy week for me chasing after all these kids! :drama:

@elektra blue - what are you like this week? If you don't have too many kids to look after, you couldn't give me a hand, could you? Maybe you could make a few pizzas that they could share. 🍕 Hey, I'll even let you decide whether there is any pineapple on them...! :p

CaroLiza_fan
are you joking? i have children and anxiety to deal with :LOL: also i can't make pizza :LOL: