2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Emmy Bronsard with Jacob Richmond. Nice lines. He cut his hair. Lots of work to do though (especially his twizzles)... and that's expected..

Andrea82

Medalist
Circelli, Dushenski, Markell and Bruce Waddell + Schizas, Schumacher and Tobin entered at this week's Cranberry Cup International.
Junior entries: Kukulowicz, Pereira, Roccatani and Hewitt + Guinzbourg and Jin.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Circelli, Dushenski, Markell and Bruce Waddell + Schizas, Schumacher and Tobin entered at this week's Cranberry Cup International.
Junior entries: Kukulowicz, Pereira, Roccatani and Hewitt + Guinzbourg and Jin.
Didn't Bruce retire? :scratch2:

DoxieSk8r

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Bruce should try pairs. He can jump and has experience working in a partnership.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Bruce is still skating singles....but i don't think he is skating ice dance anymore... I liked him in dance but he is good as well in singles... but he will need the big jumps if he wants to make a move
Speaking of which, I was surprised when he got a StSq2 at Nationals... But the commentators (Ted, Kevin, Patrick) mentiones how hard it was switching between disciplines/boots in a short space of time. Now that he's devoted all his time to singles, I'll expect those step sequences to be nothing less than perfect :LOL:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Speaking of which, I was surprised when he got a StSq2 at Nationals... But the commentators (Ted, Kevin, Patrick) mentiones how hard it was switching between disciplines/boots in a short space of time. Now that he's devoted all his time to singles, I'll expect those step sequences to be nothing less than perfect :LOL:
Don't get your hopes up... Corey was still getting 2s a year into his singles-only career and he's TCC skater. Men are going to men, after all.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Emmy Bronsard with Jacob Richmond. Nice lines. He cut his hair. Lots of work to do though (especially his twizzles)... and that's expected..
It was good to see them skate together at the Quebec Summer Championships. Emmy has such great presence on the ice - she reminded me of Tessa quite a bit so I hope Jacob will be able match up to her eventually. Hopefully training at Gadbois will help his skating skills. They could be really promising if so.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It was good to see them skate together at the Quebec Summer Championships. Emmy has such great presence on the ice - she reminded me of Tessa quite a bit so I hope Jacob will be able match up to her eventually. Hopefully training at Gadbois will help his skating skills. They could be really promising if so.
Emmy as Tessa and Jacob eventually as Andrew ? :) Let's hope it does work out for them. I think everyone, especially themselves, will need to be patient as they learn to compete together. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with their look on the ice (lines and overall presence) and hope that they can fix what needs to be fixed :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Madeline popped the lutz... and probably meant to put her combo after that... so she rearranged her jumps to add two 2a-3ts near the end of the program and that wasn't good for her... glad she tried it though... i haven't seen the program LOL just the protocols so my comment is only based on that ;) if anyone has the LP video, please share away :)

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Madeline popped the lutz... and probably meant to put her combo after that... so she rearranged her jumps to add two 2a-3ts near the end of the program and that wasn't good for her... glad she tried it though... i haven't seen the program LOL just the protocols so my comment is only based on that ;) if anyone has the LP video, please share away :)
Link to her FS, from a kind soul on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FigureSkating/comments/wobf1w/2022_cranberry_cup_madeline_schizas_fs/

Hope it works okay for you!

rain

Record Breaker
Lanaghan/Razgulajevs from the same competition. Not going to lie, I really dislike this for them. The marionette/doll theme is so tired and overused and this doesn't bring anything new to the party, while also making them look overly young and unsophisticated, just what they don't need in the packed Canadian dance field this season. I think they should dump it entirely and try something else. The whole concept is just a complete miss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRR7qS31TY

Status
Not open for further replies.