2022-23 Russian National Team | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian National Team

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The official release is too large to attach, but I uploaded it to my server if you want to download (Russian) here. It also lists coaches and choreographers :)

Women:
Kamila Valieva, Sofia Muravieva, Adeliia Petrosian, Alexandra Trusova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Anna Shcherbakova
Reserve:
Alena Kostornaia, Daria Usacheva, Maiia Khromykh

Men:
Petr Gumennik, Mikhail Kolyada, Mark Kondratiuk, Andrei Mozaleov, Alexandr Samarin, Evgeni Semenenko
Reserve:
Dmitri Aliev, Makar Ignatov, Alexey Erokhov

Pairs:
Karina Akopova/Nikita Rakmanin, Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovsky, Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov, Daria Pavliuchenko/ Denis Khodykin, Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
Reserve:
Yasmina Kadyrova/Valerii Kolesov, Anastasia Mukhortova/Dmitry Evgenyev, Natalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk

Ice Dance:
Annabelle Morozov/David Narizhny, Victoria Sinitsina/Nikita Katsalapov, Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin, Irina Khavronina/Dario Cirisano, Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor Bazin, Diana Davis/Gleb Smolkin
Reserve:
Sofia Tyutyunina/Andrei Bagin, Alexander Shustitskiy, Elizaveta Shanaeva

Junior Women:
Sofia Akatieva, Alisa Dvoeglazova, Veronika Zhilina, Elizaveta Kulikova, Sofia Samodelkina, Kseniia Sinitsyna, Gordeeva Maria
Reserve: Alina Gorbacheva, Anastasiia Zinina, Sofia Titova

Junior Men:
Artem Kovalev, Nikolai Kolesnikov, Gleb Lutfullin, Kirill Sarnovskiy, Nikolai Ugozhaev, Ilya Yablokov
Reserve:
Andrei Anisimov, Vladislav Dikidzhi

Junior Ice Dance:
Vasilisa Kaganovskaia/Valeriy Angelopol, Sofia Leonteva/Daniil Gorelkin, Alisa Ovsyankina/Matvei Samokhin, Ekaterina Rybakova/Ivan Makhenonosov, Elizaveta Pasechnik
Reserve:
Sofia Kachushkina, Mark Volkov, Ekaterina Mironova/Evgeni Ustenko

Junior Pairs:
Anastasia Egorova/Rodion Marinskiy, Ekaterina Petushkova/Evgeni Malikov, Elizaveta Romanova/Valeri Nazarov, Varvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko, Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov, Maiia Shegai/Igor Shamshurov
Reserve:
Sofia Marinina/Nikita Finokhin, Alisa Rodionova/Alexei Karpov

Novice Women:
Maria Zakharova, Taisiya Korobitsina, Lyubov Rubtsova, Taisiya Shcherbinina, Veronika Yametova
Reserve:
Elizaveta Labutina, Nadezhda Ponteleenko

Novice Men:
Fedor Zonov, Lev Lazarev, Mikhail Polyanskiy, Ivan Ramzenkov, Grigory Fedorov, Arseniy Fedotov
Reserve:
Maksim Belyavskiy, Arseniy Dimitriev, Mikhail Tikhonov

Novice Ice Dance:
Sofia Aleksova/Ilya Vladimirov, Arina Gorshenina/Ilya Makarov, Anna Kolomenskaya/Artem Frolov, Elizaveta Maleina/Grigoriy Rodin, Anna Rumak/Gleb Goncharov, Alexandra Shinkarenko/Vladislav Mikhailov
Reserve:
Anna Shcherbakova/Egor Goncharov

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am still keeping my fingers crossed that list will be revised to include Ivan Popov or Egor Rukhin as the last reserve spot for junior men. Popov in particular had done so well… i am repeating my ‘attach to the underdog’ history I guess… with Popov being really an underdog.

Also bummed Mironov didn’t make it with any of his partners… and neither half of Artemeva and Nazarychev.

😅 sorry, I had to get it off my chest.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
My only concern is Anna as a novice ice dancer while still competing as a senior singles skater. But if anyone can pull it off, she can!

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
On a related note, in the Novice Men's team there's Fedotov and Fedorov. And Fedor Zonov, whose name looks a bit like a backmanteau here.
What’s backmantau? Fedot and Fedor were common names in Russia, so they make common surnames as well. Theodor and Theodotos are Latin equivalents.

mafatasyax

Spectator
well i never knew there's a young girl name anna shcherbakova as well lol
imagine anna received invitation of pair skating and then attend ice dance too

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yay! I’m happy with the National Team for the most part.

I’m so happy Sofia Muravieva was chosen as part of the National Team. I thought she would be left out after placing 6th at Nationals. That is where she had her best performance and I was so mad with her last minute time violation deduction, PCS scores and GOEs. I thought she would have been replaced by Elizaveta…. They must have factored in Season Best Scores. Hence, why Adeliya and her made it over Sofia S.

As for the Junior Girls, I’m happy for Elizaveta Kulikova. She is consistent. I was shocked to see Ksenia S. on this list. If Russians were allowed in International circuit, would she have gone back to Juniors? Sofia A is the star and will be the star in Juniors for many years to come. I wonder if she will compete in Seniors domestically. I hope she stays in Junior competitions. Also, Sofia S….. on Juniors. I knew she shouldn’t have tried those 3A’s at both her international events. Had she gone to Junior Worlds, I feel that she would have been in the Senior Ladies National Team as she would have most likely scored higher than 210+.

Finally, I’m so happy to see Veronika Yametova on the team for Novice girls.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
What’s backmantau? Fedot and Fedor were common names in Russia, so they make common surnames as well. Theodor and Theodotos are Latin equivalents.
I was thinking of backronym (a phrase that is supposedly the original 'long form', but actually reverse-engineered from an acronym), but more of a portmanteau than acronym. However, I might have accidentally made up a new word instead 😅
Quite a concentration of Theos in the novice team then...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Very excited to see Sofia Titova in the Junior reserves! She's a fave, I absolutely love her Pirates of the Carribbean FS last season. It was boss.

Also Kirill S...go lad, go!

Congratulations to Sofia M for making the Senior Team as well!

Also Diana/Gleb are on the team, so they're not switching countries after all I guess!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My only concern is Anna as a novice ice dancer while still competing as a senior singles skater. But if anyone can pull it off, she can!

well i never knew there's a young girl name anna shcherbakova as well lol
imagine anna received invitation of pair skating and then attend ice dance too

I have known about two skaters called Anna Shcherbakova for a few years.

Anna Stanislavovna Shcherbakova (Singles Skater):
https://web.archive.org/web/20191111205226/https://fskate.ru/skaters/3177.html

Anna Mikhailovna Shcherbakova (Ice Dancer with Evgeni Gurov):
https://web.archive.org/web/20191019183521/https://fskate.ru/skaters/4773.html

But, I think the one in the list is a third Anna Shcherbakova! :eek:

You see, Anna Mikhailovna and Evgeni were competing in Juniors in the 2019-20 Season. I doubt if a skater that was competing internationally at Junior level would have dropped back to Novice level three seasons later. Plus, she was born in January 2006, which (if I have counted correctly) is too old for Advanced Novice in the 2022-23 Season.

By the way, after I first came across Anna Mikhailovna at the 2019 Ice Star, I changed the title of Anna Stanislavovna's Fan Fest to include the initial of her patronym to avoid confusion. (Just like had been done with the Fan Fest threads for the two skaters called Anastasia Gubanova). However, it was subsequently changed back by somebody else. So, now that there are possibly THREE skaters with the same name, perhaps the initial should be added back into the title...

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Anna Mikhailovna Shcherbakova (Ice Dancer with Evgeni Gurov):
https://web.archive.org/web/20191019183521/https://fskate.ru/skaters/4773.html

But, I think the one in the list is a third Anna Shcherbakova! :eek:
No, Anna on the list is the one who skated with Gurov.
I doubt if a skater that was competing internationally at Junior level would have dropped back to Novice level three seasons later.
The name of the team and the category in which the skaters compete are not always the same. The number of the spots is limited, so RusFed sometimes adds skaters to another team. Mironova/Ustenko have been competing in seniors for four seasons, but they are on the junior team.
Plus, she was born in January 2006, which (if I have counted correctly) is too old for Advanced Novice in the 2022-23 Season.
Russian novice team is for 11-17 year old women and 11-19 year old men.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, Anna on the list is the one who skated with Gurov.

The name of the team and the category in which the skaters compete are not always the same. The number of the spots is limited, so RusFed sometimes adds skaters to another team. Mironova/Ustenko have been competing in seniors for four seasons, but they are on the junior team.

Russian novice team is for 11-17 year olds.

Thank you for the information. It's good to know that Anna Mikhailovna is still competing, and I look forward to seeing what she is like with a different partner.

(It's also good to know that we won't have the complication of having three active skaters with the same name after all! :p )

I have to admit, I was having trouble finding the ages for Advanced Novice level in Ice Dance. So, I decided to work on the premise that since the ages for the girls competing in Juniors and Seniors are the same across all categories, it would be the same situation in Novices.

So, thank you for also clarifying the ages for me. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I have to admit, I was having trouble finding the ages for Advanced Novice level in Ice Dance. So, I decided to work on the premise that since the ages for the girls competing in Juniors and Seniors are the same across all categories, it would be the same situation in Novices.
You are right about Advanced Novice, but the age limits for Russian events and teams are different from ISU.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I'm sorry, I missed that ISU vote about participation of Russian and Belorussian athletes, can you enlighten me please😁
Did they vote that Team Russia will compete internationally in 2022-23 season? All competitions or just some?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm sorry, I missed that ISU vote about participation of Russian and Belorussian athletes, can you enlighten me please😁
Did they vote that Team Russia will compete internationally in 2022-23 season? All competitions or just some?
There was no voting.