2022 Worlds: RD - Thoughts? | Golden Skate

2022 Worlds: RD - Thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Great job from all the ice dancers!

A little addition:

Ukraine’s Oleksandra Nazarova and Maksym Nikitin, who are in 16th place, donned yellow and blue shirts for their new Rhythm Dance to “1944” by Jamala.

“For us it is so important to tell the whole world what is happening right now in Ukraine,” said Nazarova. “Of course it’s a competition, but for us, it’s not just a competition for us—it is something bigger, especially for Maksym.”

“We saw the tanks, heard the shooting, my house doesn’t have windows anymore,” she added of their home town of Kharkiv. “It’s horrible running to the shelter holding a kid in your arms and I will not wish to anyone to live through it. We traveled to Poland, it took days. I left earlier, I could not bring my skates, but Maksym took them for me. Thank you to the people in Poland, in Torun, the Club Axel, Sylwia Nowak and (fellow ice dancers) Natalia Kaliszek and Maksym Spodyriev. They welcomed us like family and we feel an enormous support.”

More

What are your thoughts on the performances overall?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I've only seen G/F's performance so far, which was awesome! Pleased to see them in 4th with a SB! :cheer2:

I'll catch up with the rest of the field after the women's FS. From what I've read, it sounds like it was a great event, so I'm looking forward to watching everyone!

ETA: watched Nazarova and Nikitin first. What an incredible, emotional moment, so beautiful to see the support of the crowd for them 🇺🇦

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Y’all have to all know my thoughts since they’re the same for each competition.