2023-24 Japan Nationals - Exhibition: Medalists on Ice | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Japan Nationals - Exhibition: Medalists on Ice

rabidline

Final Flight
Nah, eye makeup is not necessary when he has so much charisma and puts such an intense level of concentration into his moves. ๐Ÿฅฐ

He said something about losing his costume in the interview? Was he referring to last year's JNats? Was that what everyone was giggling about?
Ah, it's about his costume pants. He wore his SP pants for FS and FS pants for SP this week, a fact his brother exposed to the world through Twitter ๐Ÿ˜…

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Oh man... I think I see what you mean there about not fully understanding him. He was talking in really long sentences (the bane of Japanese learners everywhere) when describing what his goals were for Worlds, to the point where I couldn't quite tell what his goals were. And I know that's a tendency of his. ๐Ÿ˜…
It's not about Shoma at all, unfortunately, my Japanese language comprehension is just very limited
And my ability to carry a conversation is even worse ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜ž

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, it's about his costume pants. He wore his SP pants for FS and FS pants for SP this week, a fact his brother exposed to the world through Twitter ๐Ÿ˜…
Thanks for the info! I don't log into Twitter anymore for personal reasons, so any info from there is greatly appreciated.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not about Shoma at all, unfortunately, my Japanese language comprehension is just very limited
And my ability to carry a conversation is even worse ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜ž
You seem to have all the info on Japanese skaters, so I thought you knew more Japanese! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Really sorry if I embarrassed you!

For the record, I'm only at a JLPT N4 level in Japanese, though I may take the N3 test next year. I can also carry on basic conversations in Japanese. Perhaps joining a Japanese conversation group could help? I know such a group has helped me out with conversing.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
You seem to have all the info on Japanese skaters, so I thought you knew more Japanese! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Really sorry if I embarrassed you!

For the record, I'm only at a JLPT N4 level in Japanese, though I may take the N3 test next year. I can also carry on basic conversations in Japanese. Perhaps joining a Japanese conversation group could help? I know such a group has helped me out with conversing.
Oh you didn't embarrass me at all ๐Ÿ˜
It's my fault actually~
I grew up in Hawaii and was sent to study Japanese everyday after elementary school (reading and writing)
I didn't continue to study during high school but took some courses while in college
I assumed it would be easy credits to earn since I never forgot how to read kana and retained elementary level vocabulary ๐Ÿ˜…
We did watch some Japanese TV when I was young but I became interested in J-pop and J-drama after college and only then wished I understood more
Thing is, I'm lazy ๐Ÿ˜...and honestly just not skilled when it comes to language
I always tell myself to at least learn conversational Japanese (and more kanji) but I get distracted and give up ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
So I really admire you for your dedication to learning the language and about the culture ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry, about going off thread topic, y'all! :pray:
Posting links to MOI video next (now)~

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Links to MOI videos
Videos are not high quality but can be increased up to 720p by clicking on the settings gear
Please let me know if there are any serious problems with the videos or links

Performances and interviews were taken from the FOD livestream and are listed on order of appearance

Opening/ Skater Introduction

Hayato Okazaki (2023 Novice A Champion)
Sumika Kanazawa (2023 Novice A Champion)
Haru Kakiuchi
Rena Uezono
Rio Nakata
Ikura Kushida
Shunsuke Nakamura
Mao Shimada
Yuna Nagaoka / Sumitada Moriguchi
Utana Yoshida / Masaya Morita
Rinka Watanabe
Shun Sato
Mai Mihara
Sota Yamamoto

Ice resurfacing <---no link ๐Ÿ˜œ

Misato Komatsubara / Takeru Komatsubara (Tim Koleto)
Hana Yoshida
Kao Miura
Hana Yoshida & Kao Miura Interview
Mone Chiba
Yuma Kagiyama
Mone Chiba & Yuma Kagiyama Interview
Kaori Sakamoto
Kaori Sakamoto Interview
Shoma Uno
Shoma Uno Interview

Finale

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Links to MOI videos
Videos are not high quality but can be increased up to 720p by clicking on the settings gear

Performances and interviews were taken from the FOD livestream and are listed on order of appearance

Haru Kakiuchi
Rena Uezono
Rio Nakata
Ikura Kushida
Shunsuke Nakamura
Mao Shimada
Rinka Watanabe
Shun Sato
Mai Mihara
Sota Yamamoto

Hana Yoshida
Kao Miura
Mone Chiba
Yuma Kagiyama
Kaori Sakamoto
Kaori Sakamoto Interview
Shoma Uno
Shoma Uno Interview

Finale
Thanks! If Muji misbehaves, I have this! (I love Hawaii. I hate airplanes so I will only cruise there...love the arboratum in the rain forest above Honolulu....the sun rises and sun sets over the Islands from the sea.....)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Links to MOI videos

Haru Kakiuchi
Rena Uezono
Rio Nakata
Ikura Kushida
Shunsuke Nakamura
Mao Shimada
Rinka Watanabe
Shun Sato
Mai Mihara
Sota Yamamoto

Hana Yoshida
Kao Miura
Mone Chiba
Yuma Kagiyama
Kaori Sakamoto
Kaori Sakamoto Interview
Shoma Uno
Shoma Uno Interview

Finale
Thank you so much for this. I have been so sick with fever and cough for the last several days and have slept anytime I was not working (and on my work breaks) and was unable to finish watching Japanese Nationals. Thanks to you I got to see the last parts.
Thank you so much!!:thank::cheer::cheer2:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for this. I have been so sick with fever and cough for the last several days and have slept anytime I was not working (and on my work breaks) and was unable to finish watching Japanese Nationals. Thanks to you I got to see the last parts.
Hope you feel better! :eek:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Links to MOI videos

Haru Kakiuchi
Rena Uezono
Rio Nakata
Ikura Kushida
Shunsuke Nakamura
Mao Shimada
Rinka Watanabe
Shun Sato
Mai Mihara
Sota Yamamoto

Hana Yoshida
Kao Miura
Mone Chiba
Yuma Kagiyama
Kaori Sakamoto
Kaori Sakamoto Interview
Shoma Uno
Shoma Uno Interview

Finale
Well, this saved my bacon. fuji terrestrial channel 5 inserted tons of commercials instead of skaters in the first half...and Muji was glitchy. Gonna watch the recap on Muji then try Himawari. The nice thing about how T does this is that all I need at my couch position is a wireless mouse. It is then easy to go from one skater to another with a few clicks. A side table is helpful for the mouse if you are accosted by three dogs jockeying for position on the couch..

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am finally getting better, still coughing and my lungs hurt but I have another day and a half to recover before working again.
I feel for you. Pre covid, I would get these bouts every 9 months my docs never understood. Something like a cold but not a cold that lasted for 3 weeks plus. They finally shook their heads and gave me antibiotics. Cured in 4 days. Mostly a Z pack but a few times a cipro class antibiotic, which are not good for you but can work. Hope your body kills it, what ever it is.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you feeling better now, labgoat? I hope so!

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Just saw your post today~
I'm so sorry to hear you weren't feeling well but relieved to see in your subsequent posts that you're finally getting better
Please take care :pray:

So happy to know the videos were helpful! ๐Ÿค—