2023-24 Japanese Nationals - Free dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Japanese Nationals - Free dance

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic

5. 小松原 美 里 / 小松原 尊 Misato KOMATSUBARA / Takeru KOMATSUBARA (Kurashiki FSC)​

Loving you (from Passion) / Love Grows (Orchestra Arrangement) / Loving you (from Passion), choreo by Romain Haguenauer /
Eva Airapetian

SyTwW4+SyTwM4
OFTW3+OFTM3
CiStW3+CiStM3
DSp4
ChSp1 +2.02
CuLi4+CuLi4
ChSl1 +2.21
RoLi4
ChLi1 +1.66

RD: 70.89 (2nd)
FD: 107.50 (2nd)
TOT: 178.39 (1st)

on one hand, I feel bad that Team KoKo is being surpassed by all of the young teams that have sprung up recently. But they've stagnated in their scores a bit, so maybe this will give them the push to really improve. Their depth of edge is probably the best in the field, as is their matching, but the speed could definitely be improved.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic

6. 田 中 梓 沙 / 西 山 真 瑚 Azusa Tanaka / Shingo Nishiyama (Oriental Bio)​

Gisselle, choreo by Romain Haguenauer

ChAJ1 +2.21
ChSl1 +1.83
OFTW2+OFTM2
SyTwW3+SyTwM4
DSp4
CuLi4+CuLi4
MiStW1+MiStM3
RoLi4
ChTw1 +?

RD: 71.08 (1st)
FD: 105.35 (3rd)
TOT: 176.43 (2nd)

I remember watching this team skate at the Quebec Summer Championships and thinking they were so good then, and they've only gotten better. I love the twizzle transition with the deep knee bend exit, and we have to give credit to Azusa for being such a strong ice dancer after switching disciplines recently.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I spent years wishing Shingo would switch to ID, then spent seasons wishing the same for Azusa

So happy to see them skating together and in a discipline where they can both show their strengths and talent to its full potential

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Ice dance final results

Final results
FD results
Protocol

Pl.RDFDFinal results
1小松原 美 里
小松原 尊
Misato KOMATSUBARA
Takeru KOMATSUBARA
Kurashiki FSC Kurashiki FSC70.89107.05178.39
2田 中 梓 沙
西 山 真 瑚
Azusa Tanaka
Shingo Nishiyama
OrientalBio
OrientalBio
3吉 田 唄 菜
森 田 真沙也
Utana Yoshida
Masaya Morita
Kinoshita Academy
Kinoshita Academy
4佐々木 彩 乃
池 田 喜 充
Ayano Sasaki
Yosimitu IKeda
Nihon Univ
SEIBU HIGASHIFUSHIMI
5木 下 あかり
田 村 周 彦
Akari Kinoshita
Takahiko Tamura
Keio University
Mita Skating Club
6国 村 柚 里
坂 部 魁 士
Yuri Kunimura
Kaiji Sakabe
RINKAI FSC
OSAKA U OF ECONOMICS

fehervari

On the Ice
I'm a bit sad. I really like the Komatsubaras, but they haven't improved in years. they are beautiful together but boring. they don't should divorce, but find a new ice dance partner or... synchronized skating. this mediocrity is not good for them, not for JSF, and not for me. sorry

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The results is ... interesting? Assuming Team KoKo will still get the ticket to WC, but I do hope all the three couples will get to go to 4CC.
Interesting in the sense that it exemplified that AzuShin & UtaMasa will pass Team KoKo very soon, or are the scores interesting?🤔

Because I for once am actually pretty happy with the Ice Dance scoring for the most part, except for the fact that I do not think AzuShin should have the highest Skating Skills score here. 🙈
Maybe I'm making myself unpopular here, but while Azusa has adapted to Ice Dance wonderfully in the short time, her depth and hold of edges is still clearly lacking in direct comparison to either of the other two ladies who skated directly before her (also visible in the levels of the OFT & MiSt), and while AzuShin are faster than Team KoKo, they are not faster than UtaMasa, who imo have the best skating skills here.

AzuShin do have the best Free Dance of the three teams though, but I did enjoy all three skates today.

aerosuffly

Spectator
I miss the live stream😭. Can we have video recording please?

In any case, those are interesting results indeed! I can certainly see UtaMasa and AzuShin as the now/future ice dancers for Japan. UtaMasa won the FD. AzuShin won the RD. Team KoKo edged them both with their experience. This is a great development for Japanese ice dance. JSF should definitely send all three teams to 4CC.

I have followed Masaya since when he was with his previous partner. They were a fast couple. UtaMasa is also a fast couple, and they seem to be better connected. I am really looking forward to see them grow.

I cannot say much about AzuShin since I have not followed them.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Links to FD video
Videos are not high quality but can be increased up to 720p by clicking on the settings gear

Performances were taken from the FOD livestream (no commentary)

Warmup Group 1
1. Yuri Kunimura / Kaiji Sakabe
2. Akari Kinoshita / Takahiko Tamura
3. Ayano Sasaki / Yoshimitsu Ikeda

Warmup Group 2
4. Utana Yoshida / Masaya Morita
5. Misato Komatsubara / Takeru Komatsubara (Tim Koleto)
6. Azusa Tanaka / Shingo Nishiyama
You are a star, tsuyoboogie. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! :thank:🎅🌟

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

1. 国 村 柚 里 / 坂 部 魁 士 Yuri Kunimura / Kaiji Sakabe (RINKAI FSC / OSAKA U OF ECONOMICS)​

The Young Girls of Rochefort, choreo by Rie Arikawa

OFTW1/M1
SlLi4
RoLi4
DSp1
ChSt1 +0.28
SyTwW3?M4 (loss of synchronicity on second set)
CuLi2
ChSp1 -0.15
CiStW1/M1
ChSl1 +0.69

RD: 40.71 (6th)
FD: 66.37
TOT: 107.08

They started so well, but seemed to lose a little bit of steam by the end. I really like the program
Maybe he ran out of puff a bit. He seemed overcome with emotion when they finished. He is only 18! Good work!