2023 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Nov 7-12 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Nov 7-12

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For goodness sake! We've missed half of the skaters!!! We arrived back to skater #3 getting his scores announced! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's the problem with putting on a black screen during the resurfacings! If somebody forgets to take it off...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We complete our Intermediate Novice double-bill with the girls. There were supposed to be 26 of them, arranged into two groups of 6; followed by a resurfacing; followed by two groups of 7. But skater #16 has withdrawn from Group 3. So there are now 6 girls in Group 3; and 25 altogether.

Livestream for the Intermediate Novice Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsIVm6YeiNA

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/...INTNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2023/NonISU/SEG015.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, skater #2, Lora DANOVA (BUL), is having problems with her laces. She had to stop about ⅔ of the way through the problem and tie them. But the music continued while she she was tying them, and only stopped when she got up again!

She went over to the panel, and they talked a while (probably trying to work out where to wind the music back to, since it had been allowed to play on for so long!), and then she went back out and completed her programme.

Into 2nd position, just over 5 points behind the first skater.

Well, she did have 1.50 points in deductions, from the fall and the interruption.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never in all my days did I ever think I would hear a "Frozen" / Vivaldi mash-up.

But, that is what we just got from skater #8, Anna DOROSHENKO (UKR). It kept jumping back and forth between "Let It Go" and "Winter".

It was so surreal to hear. And, if I am honest, it didn't really work for me.

She goes into 7th. But, she did have 2 falls, so it's not surprising.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Back to normality with the next skater, Teodora SIMEONOVA (BUL). A Queen programme.

Unfortunately, she didn't have a great skate, with 2 falls. In fact, the second fell was just before the end, and she just gave up. She just stood there waiting for about 5 seconds, and then did her end pose.

She goes into 6th.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After the strange music from her team-mate, the second Ukrainian skater, Valeriia SAKHNENKO, had something more enjoyable. A "Pirates Of The Caribbean" programme.

Brought back a lot of happy memories.

And she went clean! (It's been a while since we had somebody do that!)

Into 4th position, but just 0.28 points behind 2nd.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stream died not long after skater #18, Duru CIMEN (TUR), started her programme.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, looking on the bright side, I suppose that ends the worries about us losing the last group of the Advanced Novice Ladies FS from the archived stream due to the 12 hour limit.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
New stream now on air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1UhvDV6VeA

Started 30 seconds before skater #20, Anastasiya MELNIK (UKR), finished her programme.

So, we missed the last two skaters of Group 3, the Group 4 Warm-Up, and the first skater of Group 4.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, but I felt uncomfortable watching skater #25, Ema RUSEVA (BUL).

She was skating to "All That Jazz" from "Chicago". And she was done up like a 1920's dancer, and was showing a bit of cleavage.

No. This is not appropriate for a level where the skaters are under 15 years old.

She didn't have any falls, but she went into last position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Like yesterday, we finish Day 2 with an Advanced Novice double-bill. A group of 2 Italian boys; followed by 24 girls.

But, I am going to eat now. I'll hopefully be back for Group 2 of the girls.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Men's FS is now on air.

http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/...ADVNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2023/NonISU/SEG011.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We now finish the Non-ISU part of the event with the Advanced Novice girls. 24 of them, arranged into a group of 8; then a resurfacing; then two groups of 8.

But, I am eating at the moment. I'll hopefully be back for Group 2 of the girls.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Ladies FS is now on air.

http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/...ADVNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2023/NonISU/SEG013.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Well I said I thought Ella only jumped double, but she was attempting triple salchow in warm up. It seems she might add it in the FS, that is great, I did not expect her to have a triple yet. I´m excited to see she is aiming for triples!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well I said I thought Ella only jumped double, but she was attempting triple salchow in warm up. It seems she might add it in the FS, that is great, I did not expect her to have a triple yet. I´m excited to see she is aiming for triples!

Unfortunately I missed her. But, I see she's leading at the interval, so well done!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Arrived back there now to the Group 2 Warm-Up. And I am going to watch the rest of it LIVE, because I want to comment about my kids when they come on.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What is this cover of "Nothing Else Matters" that Chiara BELLATI (ITA) is skating to?! 😲

Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to turn a rock song into a Gregorian chant?! :bang:

Well, I suppose the electric guitar solo after the chanting ended helped improve it. But, the blasphemy had already occurred.

She's gone into 5th.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Unfortunately I missed her. But, I see she's leading at the interval, so well done!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Arrived back there now to the Group 2 Warm-Up. And I am going to watch the rest of it LIVE, because I want to comment about my kids when they come on.

CaroLiza_fan
If you get the chance, you should rewind and watch it later. I think you will like the program. She had really cool gloves and very interesting music, and a beautiful Ina Bauer. She attempted the triple salchow as the first jump, but had a fall. It actually looked to be a slip on the landing, it looked like she had the jump at first and it was not bad rotated, so i´m optimistic on her behalf. Since she only competed so short I was wondering if she will get the triples in time to be competitive when she eventually moves on to junior. I still don´t know what age she is, but she might be older than we think and a late bloomer/starter.

However, what i´m most impressed about is her performance ability and speed given this is only her third season competing, and it was well reflected in the PCS - so far she has the highest from the girls who skated. This might sound weird, but I get a feeling she is a more natural performer than Mia. Mia is great too, and she is a really hard worker, but Ella has something extra about in her performance that I can´t really describe.

Sit spin however seems to be very challenging for Ella, i´m wondering if it has something to do with her long legs or possible growth spurt, someone said that you can often see skaters deal with growth issues in the spins.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, the girl that was due to skate before her, Fatma Inci INANC (TUR), has withdrawn, so we're getting to my first kid sooner than I expected.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST VAYANA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Absolutely gorgeous black dress. :love:

Very strange music and choreography.

Was the first jump 2-footed?

But everything after that was beautiful.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Now we're talking!!!

You know, although the first song was strange, she interpreted it really well. She is a great performer, and put a lot of personality into that.

On the whole, I loved it!!!

Into the lead of the FS and overall.

:cheer: WELL DONE VAYANA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't really see much of the Warm-Up because I was finishing off my post about my other kid who had just skated.

But, I did see Varvara thread herself between two skaters at one point. And I was holding my breath worried that there was going to be a collision.

Unfortunately, I also saw her have two falls towards the end of the Warm-Up. So, let's hope that she has filled her quota for the day.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, I am ashamed to admit that I didn't even notice that both of the British girls were in the final group.

Really enjoyed Jessica, although I didn't realise at the time that it was her. She is currently 3rd in both the FS and overall.

And I was really enjoying Isla there now until she had two very unfortunate falls towards the end. And they will be costly.

Yeah, Isla has dropped places. She goes into 5th in the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, now to see what my newest kid brings out for the FS.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST VARVARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan