2023 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Nov 7-12 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Nov 7-12

Country
Norway
Womens SP about to begin :hap10: :hap10:

Interesting enough last years gold medalist Alexandra Feigin and last years silver medalist Mia Risa Gomez is skating in the first group back to back. Followed by Nina Povey who could be a contender for the podium as well.

The field is looking a little bit deeper this year though.

On another note, does Feigin get little funding from her Fed? She hasn´t been competing at any Challengers this season, only Cup of Nice so far.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Junior SP double-bill is over, so it is now time for the Senior SP double-bill. Same order - girls then boys. 19 girls, arranged into a group of 4; followed by a group of 5; followed by a resurfacing; followed by two groups of 5.

Livestream for the Senior Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dej-gR3vZZU

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://cup.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2023/ISU/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello @norwegianfairytale! Nice to see you back with us.

You know how we were talking about the little sisters in Advanced Novice, Vayana Hristova and Ella Risa Gomez. Well, Chiara Hristova won the Junior SP.

You never know, this could be a good omen for Mia! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Well, a fall on the lutz for Mia but it´s the first time this season she finally landed the 3T-3T, it has not been working for her earlier.

IMO I think she should switch the lutz with the flip, she isn´t doing more junior competitions and the flip was working so much better for her the last season.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful, Mia. Just beautiful.

The music, the dress, the skating. Everything was beautiful.

Oh, I hope she scores well, and doesn't get punished too much for the fall. Because after that programme, she deserves it.

Wow!!! 😲

I know we've only had one other skater, but Mia goes into a lead of over 20 points!!!

:cheer: WELL DONE MIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
That is one of the nicest dresses I have seen on Alexandra, very well skated, she wants do defend the title from last year :clap: :clap:

Country
Norway
Nina Povey, interesting skater with a lot of power and a really nice outfit. She was very off axis in some of those jumps, to be honest I don´t know how she saved it but she did. So well done :clap: :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, my Dad wanted something looked up on the computer, so I wasn't able to finish writing this post until there now.

That was a huge score given her technical layout, but some kind of home advantages was not unexpected.

To be honest, I thought Chiara might have been benefitting from the home advantage too.

Nina Povey, interesting skater with a lot of power and a really nice outfit. She was very off axis in some of those jumps, to be honest I don´t know how she saved it but she did. So well done :clap: :clap:

I've seen a few instances like that during this event. Including Chiara.

Nina slots in between Alexandra and Mia. And Andrea after her slotted in between Mia and Elisavet. They're all pretty well spaced out, so I wonder how many more will slot into the gaps.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Oh dear, I feel like Linnea is make it or break it, if she makes one mistake everything falls apart :( Not often I see a split flat :O

She perhaps needs to work more with a mental coach.

Honestly I was expecting her to do better then Mia in the SP, she sometimes do, and that she often have a bad free skate. Maybe the recent events with the bad skates at JGP is still doing something with her confidence.

It´s a bit early to say, but Mia might stay in the top group after all.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it still may not be Metallica, but the version of "Nothing Else Matters" that Linnea is skating to is far better than the version I heard last night.

Not the best skate, I'm afraid.

She goes into 7th, just 0.10 points ahead of Maria STAVREVA (BUL). And 18.40 points behind Mia.

Resurfacing time.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The camera is having problems. It momentarily came up with a "No Signal" screen in between Ana Sofia BESCHEA (ROU) and Kristina GRIGOROVA (BUL). And since then the picture has had a green tinge to it.

I have no idea what colour Kristina's dress is!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Picture has frozen now, so I guess they are trying to sort it out.

At least we are looking at a still image of Anastasia GOZHVA (UKR) rather than a black screen.

The question is - will we see any of her programme?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stream has ended now.

I hope they get a new one up soon, so that we don't miss any of the skaters in the final group.

CaroLiza_fan