2023 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Is Mark related to Fedir Kulish, the Ukrainian Men's skater who has recently switched to Latvia, and because of this was in a competition of his own at both this week's Volvo Open Cup and December's Latvia Trophy?

Although, I just found their ISU Bios, and Mark is from Odessa, whereas Fedir is from Kiev. So, maybe not.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
GS members are much better to give information about the actual entries then the organizers :ROFLMAO: Thanks to everyone helping out :thank:

Tbh, i´m wondering if we have to start worry about having a working result page when the competition starts at this point:/

AlyonasAxel

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
They're sending Anna Katinka Zsembery, it's right at the bottom of the page 🤗 But to be fair to you, when you translate it, it's not easy to see figure skating, as it moves up into the row above.

Thank you for searching for all of these entries, it's very helpful ❤️
Thank you I now can see it :LOL: No Problem

AlyonasAxel

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

yesterday

Record Breaker
I hope so! It seems the wiki doesn't have all of the entries shown. This might be a stupid question but how come Armenia and Israel have entries? They are both in Asia Not Europe. I don't mind it at all, just wondering 🤔
They also compete in Euros, are part of the Eurovision Song Contest etc. In sports, countries do not always strictly belong to the continents, there's some exceptions. iirc, esp. for Israel, this was set after WWII?

/e: Naoki could have a shot at winning here.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cyprus
Women: Stefania Yakovleva

Thank you!!!

I was hoping Stefania would be sent, but after looking at her Instagram a few days ago I wasn't expecting her to be competing in the EYOF. She had put up a post in which she said she was looking forward to going to Canada, as she hadn't been there before. And I thought "well, if she's talking about Junior Worlds already, then she mustn't be doing any competitions between now and then".

(No men entry I'm guessing)

Apart from wee kiddies, it's been many years since Cyprus has had a Men's skater. Nikita Vitryanyuk, who is now doing Ice Dance, was the last.

It's a shame that there are no entries for Ireland in figure skating. I was hoping Sophia Tkacheva would be sent.

Incidentally, out of curiosity I looked up the two Irish Alpine skiiers, and neither of them are Northerners. The girl is from County Wicklow and the guy's family is from County Cork.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And it seems the EYOF has finally decided to also upload them on their page: https://eyof2023.microplustimingservices.com/#/athletic-sports-entries/FSK/*

:bow: :clap: :points:

Thank you so much for letting us know the list was up, @Jumping_Bean.

:thank:

So maybe a prediction contest is still possible? :)

I really hope so.

When I started the Junior ISU Predictions Game all those years ago, including the EYOF was my way of trying to raise the profile of the event amongst figure skating fans. Because, it was practically unknown. And as it is essentially the Junior equivalent of Euros but held within a multi-sport event, I felt it deserved to be better known.

Plus, for this predictions round, I am down to post the results! ;)

It's a shame that there are no entries for Ireland in figure skating. I was hoping Sophia Tkacheva would be sent.

Looking at the Dates Of Birth on the entry list, I think the age range for the EYOF is 1st July 2006 to 30th June 2008. As a result, Sophia is too old and wee sister Justina is too young. So, that would explain why there are no Irish skaters taking part.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I complained about there not being any Dutch entrees, only speed skaters (our own skating website didn't enlighten me), while there are quite a few girls on the scene and in the right age range, but now I see there's actually one going to compete at EYOF: Nerea Mur. Thank you @Jumping_Bean for finding this!