2023 GP Espoo Entries | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 GP Espoo Entries

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I ate my words and speculate. There are strong clues Samoilov will be one, as he had just posted yesterday participant list of Warsaw on her ig stories and now there is the list without his name linked from someone elses post with comment " ooh we will miss you". I suppose skaters are allowed to tell it in public after official announcements. And Nikita trains a lot in Finland with Janna's team; he has been silent in his stories, usually he is active. I follow Nikita in ig. I do not follow Samoilov, yet, but I stalked.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I ate my words and speculate. There are strong clues Samoilov will be one, as he had just posted yesterday participant list of Warsaw on her ig stories and now there is the list without his name linked from someone elses post with comment " ooh we will miss you". I suppose skaters are allowed to tell it in public after official announcements. And Nikita trains a lot in Finland with Janna's team; he has been silent in his stories, usually he is active. I follow Nikita in ig. I do not follow Samoilov, yet, but I stalked.
well... i hope you are wrong for obvious reasons. I don't care for either skater and they had opportunities to skate already. But it is what it is... better a full field than not... and if it's them, may they seize their opportunity. I still think it's sad that higher ranked skaters are getting passed over. OH. WELL. I didn't like when Guarise complained about it himself : I think it's not classy when you are a skater, complaining about others passing ahead of you... but as a fan, it's all fine : I can express my sorrows. In any case, it's not like I can watch GPs held in Europe... Someone has work to do :)

Crowdproud

On the Ice
Sihyeong Lee withdrew from NHK Trophy. So there's another watch party starting :).

I'm hoping against hope that Alexander Selevko might get it -- he's the only one of the three Estonian men w/o a GP assignment this season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sihyeong Lee withdrew from NHK Trophy. So there's another watch party starting :).

I'm hoping against hope that Alexander Selevko might get it -- he's the only one of the three Estonian men w/o a GP assignment this season.
You guys are going to kill me :) Selevko is outside the top ten replacement list so he won't get it. Top three, once more as nobody seems to care about them are Mark, Maksim and Conrad. If we go with geography, Conrad is the closest as he trains in Alberta but you know, NHK already chose not to invite him when they chose Wesley who is below on the replacement list... but yeah....anything really to push my son across the Pacific :) I am going to bed without much hope. At least this one is early enough and we know it will be filled :)

Last edited:

Crowdproud

On the Ice
... Selevko is outside the top ten replacement list so he won't get it. Top three, once more as nobody seems to care about them are Mark, Maksim and Conrad. ...
Thank you for the clarification. Could you point me to the top 10 list? Is it published somewhere on this forum? Thank you.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ivan has posted he had got the news 23.17 yesterday. Maybe must chance my nick as instagram stalker.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thank you for the clarification. Could you point me to the top 10 list? Is it published somewhere on this forum? Thank you.

Ivana

On the Ice
You guys are going to kill me :) Selevko is outside the top ten replacement list so he won't get it. Top three, once more as nobody seems to care about them are Mark, Maksim and Conrad. If we go with geography, Conrad is the closest as he trains in Alberta but you know, NHK already chose not to invite him when they chose Wesley who is below on the replacement list... but yeah....anything really to push my son across the Pacific :) I am going to bed without much hope. At least this one is early enough and we know it will be filled :)
As there are 3 Japanese men on the list and Japan is maxed at NHK, he might be considered together with Samoilov and Torgashev. If not ignoring the Japanese, top 3 is actually Kataise, Gorodnitsky, Naumov. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
As there are 3 Japanese men on the list and Japan is maxed at NHK, he might be considered together with Samoilov and Torgashev. If not ignoring the Japanese, top 3 is actually Kataise, Gorodnitsky, Naumov. ;)
I had not included the Japanese men as I am aware it cannot be a Japanese man :) so the top three I was referring to = Mark, Maksim and Conrad. Then, still excluding Japanese guys, there is
4)Roman
5)Lucas
6)Ivan
7)Nikita
8)Tomas
9)Matthew
10)Vladimir
11) Jaeseok (don't know him ?)
12) Alex Selevko
13) Torgashev

Of course, there are a bunch of Japanese guys intertwined in there, but I had not counted them. If they are really looking inside the top ten, then Sasha is not in it.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Starostin in now in Warsaw. :shrug: But not Shmuratko. Is he going to Finland? Does anyone else? So mysterious.