2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Men's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Men's Free Skate

icewhite

Record Breaker
Jacob looks like a very mature skater already, I really like him a lot, his athleticism, his body control, his body awareness... but there are some things his coaches should change imo. This program didn't bring out his entertainer qualities which showed in the SP and it was trying to do too much, just putting it all in without much care, and it all was a mess in the end, which might also have been nerves, but I think the program and the music also didn't do him a favour there, because it's just a big uuu-uuuh in the end.
I think he can be a very, very good skater, but this is not the program to make him shine.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Jacob is still only 16 and took his shot at the title. Jumps were a bit forced and several landings were not good. He has a great attitutude and will learn from this. I'd like to see some diverisification of his style and simplified costumes. Good job for him!

I think he should drop the rippon arms if he can (looks like he can, they don't seem to stabilize his axis).

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Really unfortunate that Seo Minkyu lost 13-15 points on TES due to the downgraded 2A and invalidated combo because he deserved to be on the podium IMO. His basics put the rest of the field to shame.

Amazing to see Yanhao Li put together a clean program at last; he should work on incorporating the 3A (he's been working on it, I think) and increasing speed next. His jumps are always gorgeous, but I've never seen him look so calm throughout a program before. I was never nervous for a second while I watched him.

Suto Tsudoi got buried deep in the standings due to too many pops in the SP and FS, but he would have been in the mix for the medals here if he wasn't so nervous. I hope to see him perform in a better frame of mind soon and show what he's capable of. Terrible week for him overall; JSF/his coaches should give him some encouragement.

Last edited: